Epilogue

Veils and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihye

“Do you Byun Baekhyun, take Jung Chohee, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?”

My tears fell endlessly. What am I doing? Why am I still here staring at them? Why am I not objecting? Kim Jihye, what's wrong with you? Why can't you speak up?

I felt some one tapped my shoulders I gazed upon at the person I'm seating beside with and it was Suho, one of Baekhyun's best friends. Although I'm really close with Bakehyun I didn't have the chance to actually meet his other firends personally.

"Uhh. If you don't mind me asking, why are you crying? You must be very happy for Baekhyun, right?" He asked with a slight worried expression plastered over his face.

"Yeah... I'm very happy for him." I lied and at the same time I gave him a fake smile.

Suho then grabbed something from his pocket snd handed me a handkerchief. "Wipe your tears, your make up is ruined."

"Really?" My eyes widen. It's embarassing if my mascara went wild and it went all over my eyes.

"Just kidding, you still look pretty." He laughed.

 

"I do"

 

"By the powers vested in me, I pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

The crowd started cheering once Baekhyun landed his lips to Chohee's. How envious of Chohee, she's one lucky girl. As the wedding ended the wedding ceremony was held in a fancy restaurant where it was celebrated in the hotel's dining area.

 

"Hyung!" Bakehyun beamed as he saw Suho chatting with other guests. "Thanks for coming, nerver knew you'd actually make it."

Suho patted Baekhyun's shoulder. "Yeah I would never thought too, but I was glad that my father finally gave me a break with his company stuffs."

I overheard Suho and Baekhyun chatting on the other side of the table while I enjoy eating the food with my friends on a table somewhere near where they're talking.

"Jihye, are you alright? You seems so gloomy after the wedding." Suzy said with concern.

"I bet you haven't gotten over him right?" Jiyeon caught me red-handed.

I looked at my friends with teary eyes. They were right, i still love Baekhyun and it's my fault that I'm too timid to actually confess to him, but everything is too late. He's married and I know how he and his wife loves each other deeply now.

"Yeah she still loves him." Jieun rubbed my back as she tries to comfort me.

"Maybe he's not really for you Jihye... I bet there's someone waiting for you to love him like the way you did to Baekhyun." Minah said.

Suddenly romantic music began to play throughout the speakers which caused some couples to stand and started to dance at the room's center. My friends told me that they'll just be dancing with their boyfriend's where i was left alone on the table watching other in jealousy dance with their love ones.

I sighed heavily when I realized that I'm the only one who hasn't got a boyfriend yet among my friends. Am I really that unattractive? I sighed harder. What a life I have.

 

"May I have this dance?"

 

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Suho in front of me lending his hand as he invites me to dance with him.

"Me?" I pointed at myself.

"Who else?"

No doubt that Baekhyun and his friends has the same atittude which kind of piss me just a little and at the same time his attitude made me fall for him.

I hesitantly place my hand on top of his and we slowly walked our way to the dance floor.

Suho placed my arms around his neck then he gently place his arms around my waist. Suho never left his eyes on mine the whole dance. Our bodies were in synchronized with the music and i can feel my cheeks burning while were dancing.

"We attended the same school back in high school right?" Suho sudd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter