Veils and Tears

Veils and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihye

~2017~

I heard the bells rang loudly that it lingers inside the church. The pianist began to play the bridal chorus as the church’s main door opened revealing me with a white dress and a bouquet of flowers on my hands. I slowly walked my way through the aisle where I walk my heels through the red carpet. The guests around me smiled and I can see some of my best friends back in high school and college along giving me a small wave. Step by step I got nearer and nearer towards the groom who was wearing a black tuxedo and his hair was nicely done that it made him more handsome.

Byun Baekhyun is the groom’s name.

He smiled widely at me showing his pearly white teeth. I smiled back at him as some tears fell on my cheeks.

 

 

~2008~

I first met Baekhyun when I was 16 years old. Back in my first year of high school there was a new transfer student named Byun Baekhyun. He became friends with the kingkas in an instant. Baekhyun was popular with the girls, but for me he wasn’t attractive as everyone thinks he is. His looks were average, although he has pale white skin and those cute little eyes that turns into a crescent of a moon when he smiles. But overall, I didn’t fall for him not even once.

“I really hate those stupid kingkas.” I whispered to my friends after I munch some food.

It was lunch time. I sat with my friends in the cafeteria which was a bad idea because the people I mostly hate sat somewhere near our table.

“I really don’t get you, how can you dislike them?” Minah asked me with curious eyes.

“They think they’re all that and I hate it when they flirt with each and every girl in the school.” I ranted.

“They don’t flirt.” Jiyeon defended them. “It’s called being friendly.”

“Don’t you even think the new transfer boy is cute?” Jieun added making me look at Baekhyun.

“Not at all.” I answered.

“Jihye deosn’t have eyes for boys.” Jiyeon said.

“I agree, what kind of guys do you like anyway?” Minah furrowed her eyebrows.

To be honest, I have no idea what kind of guy is my type. I haven’t experienced falling in love before and I didn’t know how it feels to be in love before. I envy people who are in a relationship, they always look happy and they always enjoy each other’s accompany. I wonder when I will experience that too.

 

One day I was dealing with some detention papers after class that made me left all alone in my class room. I told my friends not to wait for me anymore since I thought that I’ll go home late.

I sighed as I looked at my paper works. I wonder if these will happen to me if I started working in the future. I massaged my temples and started writing again.

 

“Hey… wake up.” Someone suddenly shook my shoulder as he disturbed my beauty sleep.

“5 more minutes mom..” I mumbled.

I heard the person laughed. “Do I sound like a woman to you?”

I groaned. “Dad, do not disturb my sleep.”

He chuckled for the second time. It was ringing to my ears that I can’t go back to sleep anymore.

“I said 5 more mi—“ I shot my head up, but instead of seeing my father’s face I saw Baekhyun’s.

My eyes widen as this was the first time that I see Baekhyun’s face very near to mine. Our faces were inches apart and I can feel my heart was beating fast and my cheeks were starting to heat up.

He smiled at me still not letting his face away from me. “I didn’t know that me and your dad has similar voices.”

I blinked several times and for several seconds I was dazed at staring at his face. I quickly looked away when I realized that I was looking at him closely too long.

“I-I’m sorry… I fell asleep a-and—“

“You seemed to be handling tons of paper works. You should go home now, it’s pretty late.” He cut my sentence.

“But I have to finish this today!”

“No worries, I think the teachers would give you consideration if you give it tomorrow. It’s already dark outside and it’s dangerous for a girl to go home by herself at this time.”

“But—“

“I said don’t worry, I’ll tell the teachers that it was already late and I decided to let you go already.” He sincerely said.

Baekhyun accompanied me home because he won’t let me go alone so I was forced to go with him. On the way, the atmosphere wasn’t awkward. Baekhyun knows how to talk to people who he is not close with. He kept asking me questions about myself and at time he would share some of his stories as well. He also has a great sense of humor, he makes me laugh every time he pulls out a joke. The feeling being with him for the first time seemed like we were friends for a long time now and I wanted to be with him longer.

In a few minutes we have arrived to my house. I looked at Baekhyun and gave him a small bow. “Thank you for accompanying Baekhyun-sshi.”

“You can drop the formalities, we’re friends now and it’s no big deal though.” He ruffled my hair.

I pouted as I fix my hair. “Okay then, Baekhyun.”

He giggled. “See you tomorrow.” Baekhyun bid his goodbyes, but before I can open our house’s door, Baekhyun shouted something that caught my attention.

“I forgot to ask, what’s your name?!” He yelled as he was already meter away from me.

“Kim Jihye!” I yelled back.

“Alright Jihye, see you tomorrow!”

Starting that day my whole impression of Baekhyun changed. Now I know why many girls like him beside his looks he’s very friendly and charming not to mention very sincere. Maybe I shouldn’t really judge people that easily especially if I haven’t known them that well yet.

 

 

~2011~

I’ve known Baekhyun for 3 years now, but for those 3 years that I have known him, I started liking him. Does he know? No. I’m planning to confess to him one day but I’m still lacking the guts and courage to actually tell him my feelings. I’m also afraid that if I confess to him our friendship might break and I never want that to happen.

I’m now a senior and the final semester has just finished. With a sleepy Baekhyun beside me, I’m finishing some requirements to pass.

“What university will you go Jihye?” The drowsy Baekhyun asked while watching me do some work as his head was resting on his desk.

“Yonsei.” I simply said without looking at him.

He whined.”I’m going to Hanyang, how unfortunate; I want to go to the same university with you.”

I stopped writing all of the sudden. I sighed heavily knowing that I also want to go to the same university as him, but I guess I’m not a lucky to spend more years with him.

“Same here..” I took a deep breath. “I want to be with you more than anyone else.. Baekhyun I like you..” I shifted my gaze to him only to find that Baekhyun is already asleep.

I covered my face with my hands, hiding my blush. After I felt that my blush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter