Menu

Sweet Memories Cafe

Sweet Memories had to be closed due to the sudden passing of it's young boss, Hyunseung. It was set to open for business now and the new boss Jiyong, to take over.

"How am I going to run it..." The cafe was just around the corner from Jiyong's house. Every step he took and new worry formed in his head.

"I just wanted to sing....be involved in music...."

It was Jiyong's dream to become a singer but now everything has changed, he wasn't confident of running a cafe. But there was no turning back now.

 

Once he entered the cafe, there were a few customers already inside, it was barely and hour after opening time. It seems that those people were regular customers who had waited a whole week just to come back here. There was a sweet aroma of coffee, it had a calming and relaxing feel to it. As Jiyong took another step in a familiar voice called out his name from behind.

"Jiyong!"

"Yongbae! What are you doing here?"

The two of them were best buddies just  like Hyunseung.

"I was wondering if I could help you out..you know after Hyunseung..."

"umm"

"I want to work here...I mean we." Yongbae nudged forward a young male.

"Jiyong, this is Seungri, my boyfriend." 

 

Seungri extended a hand and Jiyong shook it.

"Nice to meet you Seungri. So you both  wanna help out around here?"

"Yes, I mean at least for awhile, I mean I just want to look out for you Jiyong. Seungri is still studying so I'm not sure if he can help you a lot but I know I am willing to give up some of my time for you."

"What about your dance classes?"

"Kikwang is already helping me take over some of my classes. Since we are from the same dance school.."

"Oh but don't you think that working here is..I don't know, not what you're used to?"

"Hmm yes but I'm willing to give it a try because I know you're not used to this too."

Yongbae was right. Jiyong had never planned on working here, he would always stay in his apartment or get little jobs which would bring in enough money for him and his mother who both lived in a small apartment near the cafe. The cafe was hidden away from the city side but more to the quieter corners of the town. In the same area there were bakeries and little shops. It was a perfect place for Sweet Memories.

"Yongbae thanks."

"No problem bro"

Yongbae and Seungri excused themselves and they both got some coffee. Jiyong was happy for them and their relationship. As he walked behind the counter someone called out.

"Ah, you must be Kwon Jiyong."

A blond haired male greeted him, he had little small eyes that would turn into a thin curved line whenever he would smile which made him look cute and bubbly.

"My name is Daesung, Kang Daesung and I will be teaching you on what goes on around here." he introduced himself

"Nice to meet you Daesung"

 

So the learning journey began, Ji was taught how to make a good cup of coffee, social skills as well as work skills. Too many things where happening for Jiyong's brain to process. He decided to be stationed at the coffee machine, to make coffee instead of the other roles as he felt most comfortable with making the drinks. He realised being the boss means taking care of bills and all.

"Hyunseung always kept the bills to himself, he never showed them to us even though we volunteered to help him."

"Really?

He wondered why Hyunseung would want to carry the burden all  by himself he could have at least get someone to help him. Unfortunately, Jiyong was bad at accounting and math.

Making good coffee takes months of practice and training but Jiyong seem to be able to get it in one day! He wondered if his parents had some coffee making experience, maybe one of them had been a barista? Ha it didn't seem to fit them. His mother is the only family left, his father had died many years ago. Hyunseung felt that they were his own parents and Ji could now feel the pain of losing a loved one yet again. His mother was devastated over Hyunseung's sudden death but she had mentioned about how everything happens for a reason. It was Hyunseung's last wish for Jiyong to care for his cafe and Jiyong will do it and make the best out of it.

 

Nothing lasts forever

 


Here i am again. Chapters will be this short i guess ~_~ sorry cos i wrote this whole story down so i wouldn't know how long it would be typed out. TT_TT"

FYI, my mum is a barista. she had like few months training and all and now shes working at cafes ^^ if you see her you wouldn't believe her real age >u< she is really active

Her coffee is daebak!! I love ice coffee and cappuccino~