Coffee

Sweet Memories Cafe

"Daesung ah! Here try this!" Within a week of his 'training' Jiyong was making coffee like a professional

"Whoa! Daebak! This is great Jiyong hyung~!"

"Thanks Dae!"

"At this rate you'll be able to serve customers hmm?"

"Really? Wow I'm actually nervous but since you said my coffee is good I'm more confident now. Thanks!"

"No problem~ Here is your first customer, if you need anything I will be behind in the kitchen okay? Remember to smile!" Daesung gave Jiyong a pat of encouragement and a little thumbs up. A tall, polished looking, handsome man with an expensive looking coat came to the counter. Wait, handsome?

 

"Hello sir what would you like to have today? We have coffee, cake, pastries.." 

"Cappuccino please"

"Okay!" With that Jiyong happily got to preparing the drink, it was his customer and he was going to make it a good start to his career here. What he didn't realise is that he started humming a little tune that made the man giggle and little. Even his laugh was something to swoon at. Jiyong got a little embarrassed someone caught him but the other suddenly asked

"Are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"Er yes.. I'm new and umm I'm the new boss as well..." there was a slight heavy feeling in Jiyong, he didn't want to 'replace' anyone let alone his best friend. It was a sensitive matter to talk about but he felt this man was sincere and kind.

"Oh, I heard about...what happend..I'm sorry..."

"It's okay...he was my best friend...and his last wish was for me to take over the cafe... so here I am." Jiyong tried to put back his smile on his face hiding the sadness that might have been shown on his face.

"I'm Seunghyun, I'm a regular customer here so that's how I knew you are new." he smiled his refined, those pireceing eyes that shot a hint of sympathy towards Jiyong. Actually, Seunghyun was undeniably hot

Oh. My. God. Kwon Jiyong

"My name is Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong."

There he goes again with that smile...

They exchanged handshakes. Seunghyun's hand was warm, tender and smooth. It gave a certain sense of warmth and comfort. Just from a single handshake. Jiyong didn't know what was with this guy but whatever it was it was making Jiyong feel comfortable and close to him. Seunghyun paid for the drink and took his cup of coffee to the corner of the cafe where he sat and glanced out of the window that was next to him. Ji noticed something he didn't see earlier. Seunghyun had a camera round his neck, a professional one.

 

The 'first' day of work seemed fine to Ji, he was actually enjoying it. The people who worked there were kind and helpful. Day by day he would greet his mother before leaving, telling her not to overwork herself. She was working at the nearby market which was easier for Jiyong to check on her. He knew those aunties pretty well, initially when the Kwons first moved in, they felt Jiyong would be one of those arrogant teenagers that would disturb and act rudely towards the elders in the neighborhood. But they soon find that Jiyong is actually a kind hearted, down to earth guy who would greet them whenever he would walk by their stalls in the market and even play with the little children.

 

Everyday is a new day.

"Morning Jiyong."

"Yongbae, you're here today?"

"Yes I'm gonna go serve the customers" Yongbae had the cafe's black apron on.

"Okay, uh so where's Seungri?"

"He's at home studying."

Jiyong got behing the counter and took a black apron of the hook just as he was about to put it on, Daesung came to wards him with some papers.

"Jiyong hyung, these are the documents... I was hoping you could handle them..."

"Err yeah sure, you said none of the staff have seen or dealt with this?"

"No not at all. It's like top secret or something"

"I wonder why... It's not like you guys are gonna steal the money or something..."

"Hahaha of course not. I think its just Hyunseung didn't like the idea of people messing around with his stuff."

"Hmm"

Jiyong took the papers and found a seat at the back of the cafe in the corner. It happened to be the same place where Seunghyun sat the other day. Not that it mattered.

"And I did badly at math in school..." Jiyong mumbled to himself, he was about to flip another page of the documents when a sshadow casted over him blocking off his light. He looked up to see someone staring at him...

 

 


Anyone hungry?