Chapter 28

Shadows of the Dark

Chapter 28:

A/N: For all the readers who are still reading this, I would like to say I’m really very thankful. Thank you for being patient and staying with me. /bows/ I’m having a slump, read the ending author’s note for more details. Thank you!

(Before you start, Chapter 28 will be a short one as I will pushing everything to Chapter 29 instead. This chapter is more of flashbacks and the past. Hope you like this chapter.)

—-

Hyunseung had the blanket up till his chin. He laid on his back, awkwardly looking up the ceiling of his room. He turned his body to face the other body that was facing him. Both of them staring without any words exchange. Doe eyes staring into a smaller pair of eyes.

“Go to sleep.” Junhyung said softly.

He felt fluttered with Hyunseung being so close to him and kept staring straight into his eyes. Hyunseung suddenly closed his eyes, looking so peaceful. The taller male felt like the dancer was tempting him. He inches a little towards him, closes his eyes and tried to kiss his lover.

“…Pfft!”

Junhyung opened his eyes to see Hyunseung giggling. Feeling ashamed that he got caught, Junhyung dug face into the pillow and slept facing down like a dead fish. Hyunseung chuckled and moved closer.

“ert.”

Hyunseung whispered and giggled when he saw Junhyung’s ears turned red. He hugged Junhyung’s arm and pressed his cheeks on shoulder.

“Jun, I guess you already know all about my past… But I know nothing about you, except for your phobia…”

Junhyung turned his head to place his chin on top of Hyunseung’s head.

“My past… Was filled with tears. I was nowhere near who I am right now in the past. When I was younger, I was bullied every day. People talk behind my backs because I grew up in a rich family. I went to a public school despite my family background. Not because of bad results, but my parents wanted me to learn growing up in an unprivileged environment. But they never knew about the truth. I didn’t tell them. During elementary school, classmates would purposely push me from the back just because I look skinny and weak. They hate me because I am from a rich family. I would always be back home with scratches and bruises. My parents suspected that I was fighting but that one time when Yongguk told them I was bullied, they went to school and demanded an apology from the teachers. They didn’t understand why would the teacher not do anything about it when they saw Junhyung getting bullied. But what they didn’t know is, even the teachers disliked me.”

Hyunseung tightened his grip and pressed light kisses on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry that I reminded you of things you want to forget…”

Junhyung shook his head and placed a kiss on the top of Hyunseung’s head.

"It’s all in the past. After I was transferred to a middle school in Japan, I changed how I looked and behave. No one knew I was from a rich family, except for Seungho hyung. His parents were business partners with my parents. I felt scared but also thrilled to know someone I know in a foreign country. There are times when I missed home, but Seungho hyung was there to comfort me. He was a really good hyung to me. He would always be telling me things about his elementary school. He was transferred to Japan because his parents wants to expand their business to Japan and he will be taking over them in the future. There was once when a group of guy classmates picked on me because their girlfriends keep comparing me with them. Seungho helped me out, and because everyone knew that he learnt Judo since young, none of the guys dared to challenge him. Then we got to know Mika and Hyunmin, who were Koreans that came over to Japan for high school. They were always there for me when I felt lonely or needed support. They are like family to me."

Hyunseung looked up to Junhyung from his shoulder.

"That’s why you are so sad…"

"Yes… Two most important people in my life but there is a big barrier between…"

"I’m sorry."

Junhyung shook his head again, “…I love you. I really do.”

Hyunseung wriggled forward and softly hugged Junhyung.

"I love you too."

Hyunseung smiled innocently. Junhyung shifted and let his boyfriend use his arm as a pillow. He pulled him in tightly and press their foreheads together. Hyunseung blushed and buried his face into his chest.

"Goodnight, my love."

——

A/N: So now you guys know why Seungho is so important to Junhyung. Chapter 29 will be posted tomorrow or Saturday, I promise. My timezone is +8 GMT though, hehe! I’m half done with Chapter 29 already.

Chapter 28 is like a filler chapter cause I’m stuck in this chapter due to a slump. I don’t feel the bond of junseung, or rather BEAST, these few months… Sighs. For long time readers, you know my source of inspiration is when there are junseung moments, be it ninja or displayed. So I got a really huge writer’s block when I think of junseung being like this. But I got over this writer’s block by thinking of this junseung in SOTD is not related to irl junseung… So, do note that the junseung from this chapter on, will differ a lot from the original junseungs in the beginning of the chapters! Thanks for your time.