Chapter 1

Shadows of the Dark

Jang Hyunseung, a cold and mysterious person who never asks in school. He would always have this black geek framed glasses on him, covering half his face in school. But the glasses just aid in making his gorgeous eyes much more noticeable. Although he is unapproachable and scary, he has the highest vote for the best looking guy in school. The girls dare not approach him, but they do like the way he looks despite his dark aura.

He has a secret, a dark secret where only one person in the school knows. Not the teachers, not his classmates, not his seatmate, but the student council president, Yoon Doojoon. Hyunseung, also known as “Shadow” in the underground clubs, is a famous underground dancer. He had won all the dance matches from the moment this particular club is opened. This club held dance battles every first week of the month. This club is known as “DUSK”. Dusk is run by Hyunseung’s best friend, Zico. He and Hyunseung are childhood friends, he and his group of friends knew about Hyunseung’s past too. In their clique, two other boys would occasionally join Hyunseung on the dance floor, Minhyuk andYukwon. The three of them were once known as the “Droplets” in the underground clubs until Minhyuk injured his kneecap and the lovers decided to let Hyunseung have his solo dance floor.

Shadow was another person when he is in Dusk. He always has these seductive eyes when he dances. His playful tongue seems to love peeking out his mouth when he feels the adrenaline rush flow through his body when he moves with the music. He would smirk when the screams get louder when he ends off his dance. He is totally different from how he was in school. He didn’t have those huge glasses covering his face and he didn’t have the cold and dark aura around him when he was here. Dusk was like his home, a place where he can let go of himself and no one judges him. Sometimes when he gets so high, he would end up taking off his top and dances…or rather, moves his body on the bar top table. Everyone would be pouring all their money on him just to buy him drinks to get him high, some even pays him money for the night. But Zico never allows him to get sold to anyone.

“Zicoooooo~ I want more beer please~”

Kyung, you drank a lot. Stop drinking and help me keep a lookout on Seungie. He is sticking on that new dude there.”

“He can take care of himself…”

Kyung pouted and played with the cup in his hands. Zico sighed and took Kyung’s hands in his. He knew Kyung is jealous that he cares about Hyunseung a lot. Hyunseung knows it too, that’s why he would not touch Zico at all when Kyung is around.

“Baby, you know how I feel about Hyunseung. He is just like a hyung to me. I have to take care of him, it’s partly my fault for wh-“

“Okay, stop.”

Kyung didn’t let Zico finished his sentence. He got up from where he was sitting and walked towards Hyunseung. Zico sighed again before continuing with his work. He run this club and he worked as the bartender. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Yukwon and Minhyuk with arms around each other’s waist, walking towards the front bar.

“Hey.” Zico greeted them.

“Hey, sup?” Both of them answered without looking away from each other’s eyes.

“Stop flirting and help me out. Hyunseung’s going to start his battle, keep the guys hands away from him.”

“All right, Boss~”

Both of them were working as bouncers of the club, although they don’t look like it. Kyung got up the stage, lowered down the blasting music and cleared his throat into the microphone, seeking all the attention of the people in the club.

“Anneyong everyone! Having a good night so far?”

Boos and jeers were heard from the crowd. And some people started cheering “SHADOW SHADOW SHADOW”. Hyunseung walked towards the stage and sat down on the end at the edge. Kyung stopped the cheers and asked for silence.

“So who wants to battle the almight Shadow tonight?!”

Kyung asked towards a crowd. A blonde in the crowd raised his hand and stepped forward. His smirk was similar to Shadow’s and raised a finger at him.

“Bring it on.”

“Ohhhhh~ You must be new~”

The crowd cheered and laughed at the new blonde, telling him to back off as he will sure lose the legendary shadow dancer. Shadow jumped off from where he was standing and walked towards his challenger. The rest of the audience backed off to let him have their dance floor.

“DJ, give it to them.”

Kyung told Taeil, the DJ for this club, and he started scratching the disc under his flexible fingers. Taeil put on one side of his headset, raised his hands and raise up the volume of the soften music. The loud blasting music started and both of the dancers looked at each other with mocking smirks. The crowd started cheering and shouting, making the whole dance floor liven up by the atmosphere. The blonde took the dance floor first. He started warming up by moving with the music and started dancing in seconds. His actions were fast and smooth, but not to the point. His moves were good, but overused in the overall routine. Shadow smirked even wider when he spotted the blonde’s mistake. The blonde has weak joints as he was not able to emphasize on the catchy end of his dance. It was Shadow’s turn. Jaehyo went around collecting money for bets that it will be Shadow’s victory again.

Just like his name suggests, he is just like a shadow. He might seem weak like a shadow and overpowered by the sunlight, but there will always be places where the sun fails to shine upon and that will be his victory. He knew what the opponent was lacking in, and he was able to make that weakness to his advantage. He knew how to move the make the exact response from the audience. He knew that his level of dancing skills is far higher than this blonde. His moves were smooth yet strong, straight on the point. It was as if he was using his dance to converse with the people watching him.

The song came to an end. The crowd took a deep breath and roars of cheers filled the air. It was obvious who the winner was. The crowd cheered Shadow’s name, stating that he was the obvious winner. The voting results were up. Black stickers for Shadow, white stickers for the blonde. The board was overflowed with black stickers and only a few pity votes for white. The blonde shook his head and looked at Hyunseung with a sad smile after seeing the results.

“It was a great battle though, it was fun.”

“Sure it was. Nice battling with you.”

“It was my honour. I’m Thunder, you?”

“Just call me Shadow.”

“Our names seem to match,” Thunder joked, he shook Hyunseung’s hand. “Take you for battling with me. Have a good night.”

“You too, Thunder. Please come back again. We always welcome dancers on the floor to join me and my friends.”

“Sure thing, nice meeting you, Shadow.”

Hyunseung skipped towards the bar happily and leaned on the bar.

“Zico baby~ beer please~”

“Andwaeyo, how many have you drank tonight?”

Hyunseung whined and hugged Kyung tighly.

“Give me beer, if not I will your boy!”

Kyung laughed and hooked his fingers under Hyunseung’s chin.

“You, me? Awww~ baby Shadow, I will be the one doing the job.”

Hyunseun smirked cheekly as it was a rare moment when Kyung decided to play along with him.

“Oh yeah? You wanna try it out later? How about in the changing room? Or the alley sounds good too. But you have to be gentle with me~”

And top it off, Kyung gave Hyunseung’s a squeeze and his own lips seductively. Zico couldn’t take it, he clenched onto the cup so tightly that it would crack in his hands soon.

“All right! Stop playing.”

Zico snapped and started pouring beer into the poor cup in his hands. He slammed the cup in front of Hyunseung and puffed his cheeks angrily.

“No one wins Shadow~ not even you, Zico darling~ See ya later~”

Hyunseung took the cup and walked away while swaying his hips. Zico hissed and ruffled his hair angrily.

“Aish! That rascal!”

“Give up, Zico. He will never get over the past.”

“It’s my fault that he is looking like this now! Talks in such a tish tone, drowning himself in alcohol every night, grinding guys on the dance floor and keeping his distance from everyone in school!”

“It’s not entirely your fault, baby. You just wanted to protect him from getting cheated…”

Kyung walked into the bar and hugged Zico tightly, comforting his lover.

---

Junhyung was a cheerful person, and today is no exception. Just like what he does usually, he jumps into the class shouting “Morning!” to the whole classroom. The students all turned at the greeting. Some replied him happily with a smile on their faces, some looked at him with groggy expressions and went back to sleep with their heads into their arms on the table. Junhyung walked towards his seat and put down his bag.

His seatmate was seating down with an arm holding his chin and looking out of the window with a blank expression. Junhyung smiled and greeted him a morning. He was sure that Hyunseung heard him, but Hyunseung just chose to ignore him like how he usually does. Junhyung didn’t mind, he was about to sit down when his classmate came stomping to the class. His classmate’s seat was right in front of him.

Hongki-ah, what’s wrong?”

Hongki turned his chair and faced Junhyung.

“I can’t believe it! She said I was not handsome! How am I not handsome, uh?! She said she like guys who look like geek gods! What, she likes Dongwoon?!”

“Dongwoon look like an Arabian prince, not a geek god Hongstar. You meant your girlfriend said that to you?”

“Yes! Ugh! I felt so angry and upset! My girlfriend told me in my face that I’m not handsome and she wants me to look like a geek god! What the actual hell?! She wants me to do plastic surgery to look like one?!”

Junhyung cracked his head for related jokes to chill down his classmate.

“Hongki-ah, after school go and tell her, you don’t want to be an oily person.”

“…?”

Hongki gave him the what-the--are-you-talking-about face. Junhyung chuckled and stood up from his seat, facing the entire class.

“Why is the Earth oily?”

Junhyung suddenly asked the class. Everyone knew it was time for his daily jokes and cracked their brain for answers.

“Because of global warming…?”

“Because of the layer of oil on top of the seawater…?”

“Wrong wrong wrong. All wrong. Give up?” Junhyung asked cheekly. All the students nodded and Junhyung announced the answer.

“Because of Greece (grease). Get it get it? HAHAHA!”

Junhyung’s laughter was contagious. Even when the joke is not really funny, everyone started chuckling and laughing due to his laughter. Hongki started laughing a little and his mood was lightened a little.

“You are such a loser, Yong Junhyung.”

“Bwoh…I made you laugh, didn’t I?”

Junhyung winked at his classmate.

“Just talk to her nicely. Make her know that looks is not important if the both of you are in love with one another. Looks is just an external thing, what is most important is your character. You love her, and she loves you. You have to accept one another for how they are. And not to call be someone oily.”

Junhyung laughed at his ending joke. Hongki thanked Junhyung and moved back to his own table to text his girlfriend. Junhyung turned to look at the statue-like Hyunseung and stare at him for a little. He noticed the difference in Hyunseung today. He forgot to wear his usual wristband thingy and he kept fidgeting his wrist. Junhyung find it odd and when Hyunseung moved his wrist, Junhyung saw black ink on his wrist.

Hyunseung was a little nervous, although he was not showing on the outside. He was having a bad hangover in the morning and he forgot to wear his usual black wristband to cover up his wrist tattoo. One, the school doesn’t allow students to have tattoos and if a teacher were to catch him, it will be suspended. It will bring him unwanted trouble and Zico will not let him to the club until he starts to get back to school. He wouldn’t like that. Second, the tattoo was the word ‘Shadow’, what if any of the people saw and recognised the tattoo and knew that he was the Shadow from Dusk? He definitely didn’t want that. He wants to hide his identity so that no one will know that he was the shadow dancer in that underground club. Junhyung seems to notice his tattoo and he was getting really fidgety about it. He used his right hand to cover his wrist and act like he was being normal.

Junhyung saw the tattoo, but he couldn’t seem to get a good look at the words on that tattoo, but it was a familiar to his on his collarbone that only Dongwoon knew about. Junhyung just kept quiet and waited for the class to start.

Will Hyunseung get recognised by Junhyung? Will Junhyung tell Dongwoon about the tattoo? Will Hyunseung get suspended?


A/N: heehee~ yessss, the first chp is up! :D and this fic will be on hiatus until Sept 1st! =x the black wrist thingy I’m talkin about…is this.

s640x480
tumblr_lq79f5euCn1qi21mno1_500.gif
(gif credit to dylpickles@tumblr)
Junhyung oso had a similar one. XD and I always lik it when seungie wore it. =3 the tattoo was ‘self designed’ by me and…yea XD
00007cwh
s640x480
junnie has his tattoo too. Like his real life but…I wouldn’t reveal anymore~ lalala~ XD wait patiently for the next chp then! :D BAIYEOM! :D