Chapter 22

Shadows of the Dark

Chapter 22:

Yoseob stomped towards the lobby of the wards. He sat down in the extreme corner seat so that his presence will not be too attractive to the passer-bys. He covered his face in his palms. The vice president groaned out his frustrations into his palms. Suddenly, he felt arms enveloped him into a tight hug. Yoseob jumped and looked up to the person who was hugging him.

"Why are you crying?"

Doojoon asked with sad eyes. It pains his heart to see the small figure trembling due to the hard cries he was hiding. Yoseob, who didn't notice himself crying, touches his cheeks and was shocked to know that his face was all wet with tears. He looked into Doojoon's eyes and slowly circled his arm around Doojoon's warm chest and buried his face into it.

"They don't deserve this... They deserve a better life, they deserve to be accepted and loved..."

Doojoon could guess that Yoseob was talking about Gikwang and Dongwoon. He knew that Yoseob looks like he doesn't care about anything and never would give second thoughts about something troublesome, but he has a really soft heart. He has a heart that would soften and melts when he sees his friends suffer. He would give in when someone apologises even if he did something really bad.

"Seobie... As friends, we do what we can to help them out. I believe that fate lies in our own hands. So we are to fight for our happiness, not just sit there and wish for things to go exactly like we expect it to be."

Doojoon kissed Yoseob’s forehead tenderly. The sobbing boy buried his face deeper into Doojoon’s chest when he heard footsteps approaching them. A panting and limping Dongwoon stared at them with anxious eyes.

"Where is he?"

"Room 74."

Doojoon replied him. Before limping away, Dongwoon bowed ninty degrees to the two males in the lobby.

"Thank you so much... I wouldn't know what to do if the both of you were not here taking care of him..."

Doojoon noticed Yoseob's hand trembling even harder.

"He is waiting for you inside."

Dongwoon stood up straight and limped away. Doojoon pulled Yoseob out of his chest, to see the poor boy biting down on his lips to suppress his cries.

"Baby, we did our best for them... Now, let them do the rest."

Yoseob nodded softly. Doojoon placed a kiss on his eyes and wipe the streaming tears off his wet cheeks.

"Aish! Why is Dongwoon not even picking up his phone?!"

The couple jumped at the loud voice that approached them. They recognised the male right away. Junhyung was dialling Dongwoon phone the twenty-sixth time, but the other line still refused to pick up the call. Jihyun was following behind Junhyung.

"Jun-ssi, you are not supposed to be out. Donghae will be angry if he found out. You were supposed to be resting at home."

"Namji, how could I possibly rest at home when my friend is injured and missing?"

"Junhyung-ssi."

Junhyung turned at the sound of his name. He was surprised to see the president and vice president hugging each other. Doojoon noticed the glance but chose to ignore it.

"If you are looking for Dongwoon, he is currently all right. He is in Gikwang's ward."

"Wh-what? Gikwang is hospitalised?!"

"Jun-ssi, its the hospital..."

Junhyung mumbled a soft apology to the reception nurse who was glaring at him.

"What happened? Why did both of them landed in the hospital?"

Junhyung coughed a little after soothing his rapid heartbeat. Jihyun patted Junhyung's back.

"Junhyung-ssi, I think you should worry about yourself first... Your lips look really pale..."

Yoseob stood up from his seat to offer Junhyung. Junhyung shook his head with a smile.

"I'm all right, just a little out of breath."

Jihyun took a bottle out of her bag and gave it to Junhyung. Doojoon saw curious to why was Jihyun being so thoughtful to Junhyung. Junhyung noticed Doojoon's glance and introduced Jihyun to them.

"This is my caretaker, Nam Jihyun."

Jihyun bowed to them, Yoseob and Doojoon bowed back to her too. 

"Dongwoon was locked up by his parents after they found out about his relationship with Gikwang."

Junhyung frowned at this bad news. He knew how Dongwoon parents were and he just wished things didn't go this way at all. Yoseob continued from Doojoon.

"Gikwang collapse due to high fever and the news of Dongwoon jumping out of his bedroom window just to get out his house to find him..."

Junhyung was too shocked to reply. He knew Dongwoon is serious with Gikwang, but he didn't know he would do such silly things.

"I tried to fish out information from the nurses taking care of Dongwoon's ward, but was rejected due to his father's orders to keep it a secret. I tried calling your phone, but you did not pick up... I caught news of him escaping the hospital to go searching for Gikwang in school."

"He called me a while after and I told him to come back here. He just went in a while ago..."

Junhyung sighed and dropped himself onto the empty seat.

"Why... He... How did things turn out like this in just two days..."

"Don't worry too much. I don't think his parent found out that he is back in the hospital. We would be here to guard and make sure no one interrupts them. Go back and rest, you don't look good..."

"I had a relapse when Doojoon-ssi called... I only heard about Dongwoon getting injured when one of my domestic helper received a call from his parents to inform me that he was hospitalised."

Junhyung slumped on his seat with eyes closed.

"Doojoon-ssi, Yoseob-ssi... Thank you, really... These two boys had things tough, but I believe their love would win over Dongwoon's parents hearts."

The three of them silently made a prayer in their heart that they will pull through this...

Hyunseung felt like his head would burst from the ten pairs of eyes staring intensively at him. Zico had made him sit down in the middle of the crowd and spill out each and everything that happened.

"Junhyung... I..."

"Skip to the part after you got out of the house!"

"No, start from the beginning!"

"Shhhh!!!"

Everyone kept silent after Zico's loud hush.

"Just tell me, are you happy right now?"

"..."

Hyunseung looked into Zico's eyes. He could only see worries and concerns in his eyes.

"Yes, I am, Zi."

A soft smile spreads over Zico's lips almost instant but goes off as fast too.

"So...you are with him now?"

The other nine pair of eyes squeezed nearer to him. Hyunseung blushes and smiled while playing with his fingers.

"Yes..."

"Woohoo!!!! I knew they would be together!!!"

Geurim jumped and hugged her umma. Her umma was so happy that tears started gathering at the corner of her eyes. Hyunseung's appa silently heaved a sigh of relief. Kyung hugged Zico in reflex of being too happy. The other boys were all into a mass hug with Hyunseung. Zico just looked at Hyunseung quietly.

"Yong Junhyung... I'm entrusting Seungie hyung in your hands..."

Kyung hugged Zico even tighter when he heard that. The other boys plus Hyunseung crashed themselves into the couple. The eight boys hugging and laughing with each other.

"Thank you, everyone."

Hyunseung smiled cutely. Jaehyo hugged Hyunseung tightly at his cuteness.

"I regret now, can I keep hyung to myself? Junhyung is such a lucky guy!"

The others laugh at him. Yukwon hugged Hyunseung from the back and snuggled into him.

"Hyung! You must be happy! If not... I wouldn't let Junhyung off!"

"I agree with Kwonnie oppa! I will step step step on him if he ever bullies you!"

Jang umma hits her head lightly for acting so rough. Geurim stuck out her tongue cutely. Hyunseung ruffled her hair with delight in his eyes.

"Now~ tell us everything that happened after you left house! All the truth, don't lie!"

Kyung jumped onto Hyunseung's back and hugged him tightly. Hyunseung felt a burst of warmness in his heart, his relationship was accepted by the most important people in his life and there is nothing more he would wish for. He told them everything, excluding Junhyung's phobia. Zico frowned at the mention of Yongguk being back.

Just him arriving back is causing Hyunseung hyung's first quarrel with Junhyung... 

Kyung, who noticed his boyfriend's frown, pressed at the space between his squeezed brows. He give him a soft smile as if telling him everything will be all right.

"Kiki!"

Dongwoon burst in the ward, causing both Gikwang and the nurse to jump out of their skin.

"Excuse me Sir, this is a hospital. Can you please lower down your volume?"

The nurse scolded and glared at Dongwoon. The injured male bowed and repeated his apologies until nurse got out of the ward. Once the nurse was out, the couple stared into each others' eyes in silence.

"How are you?"

Dongwoon broke the silence and slowly limped his way to sit on Gikwang's bed. The latter tried to get up but was pushed back onto the sheets by the younger male.

"What happened to your leg...?"

"Never mind me, has you fever gone down?"

Dongwoon tried to touch Gikwang's forehead but his hands was slapped off. Gikwang had tears b in his eyes although he was trying to glare at Dongwoon. The younger male sighed, he bent down and hugged his boyfriend tightly.

"I'm really all right, Baby..."

"Do you know my heart almost dropped when I heard that you jumped out of your window?"

Gikwang buried his face deep into Dongwoon's neck. His tears wet a huge patch on Dongwoon's neck, causing a few drops to be dripping down his neck. The injured male patted on Gikwang's back. It pained him to let Gikwang cry so badly. He shouldn't be the reason why Gikwang is crying in pain. He pulled himself off Gikwang and pressed their foreheads together.

"Don't cry anymore. I shouldn't be the reason for these tears, Baby. I love you, a lot a lot a lot. Please don't give up on us. Don't give up on me."

Dongwoon wiped off the tears on Gikwang's cheeks. He lightly pressed their lips together. The kiss was just a soft one, as if Dongwoon telling Gikwang that he felt insecure and that he needed an assurance that Gikwang wouldn't leave him. The older male used his free hand that was not attached with the drips, to hook it over Dongwoon's neck and pressed him lower. He deepened the kiss, pressing his lips tightly onto Dongwoon's before letting go.

"I love you too. I promised I will fight for our happiness."

The couple smiled with their foreheads pressed together.

Junhyung was smiling widely because of two reasons. He was standing outside the door of Gikwang's ward and saw everything that happened inside and he was on the phone with his boyfriend, telling him everything that happened. It was the first time Hyunseung called him on his own accord and he did like the looks of it. Hyunseung has totally opened his heart to Junhyung. He received a text after talking with Doojoon and Yoseob.

"How are you feeling today?"

And it was from Hyunseung. His mind was so clouded and confused by Dongwoon's situation, he replied Hyunseung with

"I'm in the hospital with Namji right now". 

And thats how Hyunseung called him and almost shouted into the phone, asking him what happened that make him land up in the hospital and his nonstop blabbering about how sorry he is for causing his relapse. It took Junhyung awhile to calm down the agitated male and tell him the actual situation.

"Do you want me to go over to be with you?"

That was the main reason for that big smile on his lips.

"No, its okay, Baby. Just hearing your voice over the phone is enough to comfort me. I love you."

Hyunseung, who was still not used to such romantic words, shuttered and blushed.

"I...I-"

"Oppa!"

Geurim's voice could be heard over the line. She jumped onto Hyunseung and hugged him.

"Who are you on the phone with? Hmmm... Is that your boyfriend, Yong Junhyung-ssi?"

Junhyung could hear giggles at the other end. His smile got even wider at the mention of the B word.

So he have already told his family...

"Y-yah! Can't you see I'm on the phone?! At least knock the door before coming in!"

"I knocked! Why are you blushing so hard? Did Junhyung-ssi said mushy things to you?"

Laughters could be heard and it quieten down after a while. When Junhyung thought his line was cut off, Hyunseung voice rang.

"Sorry, Geurim was making fun of me..."

"Its okay. I'm glad."

"Glad...?"

"You told your family about us."

"..."

"...Seungie?"

"............................I love you too."

And the line got cut off. Junhyung got stunned for a moment but started chuckling to himself. He typed out a text and sent it over.

Thank you for that ♥

Hyunseung buried his face into his pillow. He blushed all the way to his ears.

Junhyung's phone rang again. Thinking it was Hyunseung who called him back, he picked up without seeing the caller ID.

"Seungie?"

"...Jun?"

"Uh...Oh! Hyung!"

 

---

A/N: Really sorry for the long delay to this chapter. I lost the plot of this chapter and had to rewrite it. Sorry!

Who is this Hyung that Junhyung was addressing? How will Junseung's relationship advance?