Chapter 12

Shadows of the Dark

 

Yoseob frowned when the so-called noona smiled to him. Doojoon slowly slipped away from Yoseob, and the latter noticed a bang in his heart. The president looked nervous, an expression he has never showed to anyone in school except Yoseob.

"Th-this is Yoseob, my b-my vice president of the student council. And I'm the president."

Doojoon introduced Yoseob to his noona. Yoseob felt a chill down his spine when the noona smiled to him. She has really small eyes which was almost a thin line with eyeliner. She patted Yoseob’s head and ruffled his hair lightly as she slowly took his hand in hers.

“Hi, I’m Gain. I’m older than Doojoon by two years, which makes me his noona. My boyfriend is his high school classmate.”

Even after hearing that she has a boyfriend, Yoseob still couldn’t relax his tensed body. Gain’s eyes are too intimidating and her hands are grabbing onto his for dear life. Doojoon noticed it and quickly pulled her hands away. He stood in front of Yoseob and smiled awkwardly to Gain.

“N-noona, why are you here alone? Where is Jokwon?”

Gain still had that smile on her lips. She was still trying to look around Doojoon so that she could see the male behind. Doojoon kept following her movements and covering her sight. She clicked her tongue in frustration and glared at Doojoon. She folded her arms, standing straight.

“Aish, damn you Yoon. Kwonie went to the washroom. Why didn’t you tell you your school has such a cutie? I would have gone to your college instead.”

Gain smirked cheekily and rubbed her chin cutely. Just at the time, Jokwon came towards her from the back and had his arm around her shoulders. The skinny boy jumped a little when he saw Doojoon.

“Ahhh, Yoon Doojoon! You rascal, I asked you out so many times and you always give me an excuse that you are busy. And now you have time to come to an aquarium, and even wit-…ahhh hello, I’m Jokwon!”

Jokwon saw the frowning boy that was hidden behind Doojoon. Yoseob smiled slightly and bowed a little to Jokwon. Yoseob was not feeling well. He had that burning ache on his chest when he saw how Doojoon didn’t want Gain to touch him.

“Doo, I got to go. I’m not feeling well.”

Yoseob said and bowed to the couple before running off.

“Yo-…Aish! Noona, you scared him! Kwon, I will call you tonight!”

Doojoon took off after talking and ran after Yoseob.

“Yah, Yoon Doojoon!”

Jokwon shouted at the running boy while Gain was still smirking with a knowing look behind her boyfriend’s back.

---

Hyunseung got up earlier than expected. He yawned and stretched, lazing on the bed. He thought about yesterday night again. A soft smile found its way up Hyunseung’s lips. He flipped his body so that his back was on the bed. He let out a satisfied sighed and stared at the ceiling of his room. He took his phone out and checked for notifications, as expected, Junhyung has texted him. It was the first time Junhyung used his phone to text him, they usually converse through emails. But since last night Hyunseung asked for Junhyung’s number and the latter just clicked on a contact in his contact list, and Hyunseung’s phone rang.

“That stalker…so he has my number since the start…Geez…”

Although Hyunseung said that, he was smiling. Normally, Hyunseung either reads the text and then ignores it and goes on to wash up or he just replies a simple ‘morning’. But today, Hyunseung felt like it was time for him to reply him properly. Hyunseung typed while reading out his text…

 “Morning, did you sleep well? I thought of last night again, will you bring me back to Neverland?”

Hyunseung read the text and hesitate on whether he should send it. His thumb was lingering on the Send button. Will it sound too girly or desperate? Hyunseung asked himself, and just when he was about to click the backspace button when Geurim barged into the room with a loud slam.

“Morning Oppa!”

Geurim literally roared at Hyunseung. The flustered male on the bed, accidentally clicked on the Send button and the text was sent to Junhyung. Hyunseung screamed and sat up on his bed.

“OMG I JUST SENT IT OUT! OMG OMG OMG! OMG!”

Hyunseung slowly turned his head to the female who was slowly backing away from the glare Hyunseung was giving her.

“Er…he…he…i…just…”

“JANG. GEU. RIM...!!!!!!!!!”

“AHHHHH!!!”

Hyunseung jumped up from his bed and caught the girl before she could run out of his room. He tickled her and pushed her down on his bed. Geurim was screaming for help and laughing out loud from the attack. She keep wriggling in his hands, screaming for her umma to help her.

“U-UMMA, HELP ME! HAHAHA! OMG HAHAHAHA!!! U-HAHAHA UMMA! AHHH!”

Hyunseung stop tickling her and sat on her. He crossed his arms and glared at her.

“You screamed and scared me, and I sent that stupid text to Junhyung! What am I going to do now?!”

“What text? Let me see, let me see!”

“Andwae!!!”

Hyunseung huffed and got up from her. He into the bathroom and slammed the door loud enough to show how angry he was. Geurim jumped and winched, she jumped again when Hyunseung’s phone vibrated on the bed. She reached over to read the new received text.

From: Junhyung

Whoa, I have to say…I was really shocked when I read your reply. Haha, I had a good night sleep because I thought of you ^___^ I can bring you back to Neverland anytime you want. :)

Geurim felt goose bumps crawling its way up her arms. She rubbed her arms to soothe those bumps away.

“Seriously…seriously oppa…Omg, they are like a high school couple. Tch.”

Geurim rolled her eyes then chuckled lightly. She sighed and put the phone back on the bed. Oppa, I guess it is time for you to have happiness this time. I wish this Junhyung guy will give you the happiness you always deserved. Geurim heard the bathroom door opened, she quickly got onto her feet and slowly crawled to the bedroom door. Hyunseung got out of the bathroom with just his boxers on. He took his phone from his bed and saw that the screen was at the page of Junhyung and his text conversation.

“Jang Geurim, you peeked at my things?!”

“AHHHH!!!”

Geurim screamed and ran out of the room towards her mum.

---

Junhyung had that stupid goofy grin all the way from the moment he received that text till now he is outside of the classroom. He saw Dongwoon walking towards him, but he was not alone. Gikwang and Dongwoon were holding hands as they walked towards him.

“Dongwoon-ah, you owe me lots of explanations, I guess? Hmmm…nice to meet you, I’m Junhyung, this babo’s hyung.”

“Yah! Hyung, you need to tell me things too. That grin on your lips is something I rarely see!”

Gikwang looked at the both guys with his usual eye smile. He didn’t know if he could introduce himself as Dongwoon’s boyfriend.

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Gikwang.”

Gikwang slowly slip his arm away from Dongwoon’s. Dongwoon frowned and grabbed Gikwang’s hand back into his. He pouted at his eye smile lover.

“Hyung knows everything, it is okay. He is just like a real brother of mine.”

Junhyung laughed and patted Gikwang’s shoulder. He looked at Dongwoon and pinched his nose.

“You better take care of him properly, if not the student council’s vice president wouldn’t let you off easily.”

Dongwoon faked saluted and stomp his feet. He then stuck his tongue out at Junhyung and laughed. All the three boys laughed out loud, sounding the whole corridor of the classrooms. Junhyung stopped and looked behind the couple with his goofy grin back on his lips. Dongwoon noticed and turned to see who made his hyung so happy. And to his surprise, it was Hyunseung.

“Ah ah ah! Hyung, you made it? You made it?!”

Junhyung’s grin got larger from Dongwoon’s question. Gikwang was giving a questioning look, not understand a word the two boys were talking about. Dongwoon jumped and held onto both of Junhyung’s shoulder.

“Ahhh well done, Hyung-ah! I’m so happy for you!”

“I’m happy for you too, dongsaeng-ah. I will talk to you later, okay? We will talk after school.”

“Deh!”

Junhyung walked towards Hyunseung. Hyunseung was in his usual huge black framed glasses and his wristband. He had his earpiece on and the loud music could be heard by Junhyung who was a few feet away from him. Hyunseung was looking at the ground, not noticing Junhyung was in front of him and he would bang into him in just a few more steps. Just as expected, Hyunseung directly bumped onto Junhyung and fell back, his hand accidentally tugged his left side earpiece away from his ear. Junhyung quickly hugged into his waist and pulled him towards his chest. Hyunseung squealed and leaned onto Junhyung’s chest.

“Hi, clumsy doll.”

Hyunseung was taking deep breaths to soothe his rapid heartbeat. He was scared out of his wits. He felt like his heart was in his mouth, makes him felt like vomiting it out. He coughed a little and looked up to see Junhyung smiling at him. Junhyung could clearly feel and hear the loud heartbeat against his chest. Hyunseung looking up at him with huge frightened doe eyed, making Junhyung feel like keeping him in the same exact position forever.

“W-what…You…I…”

Hyunseung’s mind was like a broken bracelet right now with all the beads shattered on the ground, the words that he wants to say couldn’t be stringed into one. Junhyung pulled Hyunseung away from his chest and held him on the shoulders, making sure that he could stand straight before letting go. The bell rang before Junhyung could say anything.

“Let’s get into class.”

“D-deh…”

Hyunseung answered softly. Both of them slowly walked into the classroom and got to their seats. The teacher came in seconds later, shouting at the class to quieten down so she could start her lesson. When the class start, Hyunseung’s mind started to drift away too. He was thinking about Neverland, thinking about DUSK, missing the person in both the places. He really liked Neverland, the harmony, the love, the different feeling it gave off when Hyunseung goes to DUSK. DUSK is Hyunseung’s wild life, a life where he could relax and enjoy himself to the fullest. While in Neverland, Hyunseung felt warmth and love. Suddenly, a nudge on his arm pulled him out of his thoughts.

Hyunseung looked at the folded piece of paper in front of him and turned to look at Junhyung who was smiling and peeking at him. Hyunseung slowly opened that piece of note and read the stretch of handwritten words.

Had a good night sleep? :) are you free next week? I would love to bring you somewhere.

Hyunseung tried to hide his grin. He still wanted to keep his cold prince aura in school. He quickly scribbled his reply and pushed it back to Junhyung.

 Yes, I did. Your text was so mushy. >_<; and I’m still the cold prince, so should be cool and quiet. :p

Junhyung chuckled softly, covering his mouth in habit. He wrote back a reply and placed it in the middle of their table so that both of them could see the words.

Does that mean you are not willingly to meet me next week? :( aren’t you just the cool prince in school? Aren’t you Shadow outside of school? :p

Hyunseung’s eyes widen at the S word. He didn’t remember ever telling Junhyung that his nickname was Shadow.

“H-how did y-…?”

“Don’t forget, I’m your top stalker.”

Junhyung stuck out his tongue like a small kid. Hyunseung was stunned at that action, he have never seen Junhyung being childish. He has always thought Junhyung was a really mature thinking person who would never do anything childish. Junhyung just realised what he did, he faked a cough.

“Ahhh, the things you do to me…”

Junhyung covered his eyes with his palms. Hyunseung grinned and looked down on his table. He scribbled another reply before flashing it to Junhyung.

Where are you bringing me next week?

---

A/N: DON’T HATE ON MY GAIN BB! T_T hate me, hate me! T_T I’m the evil one. TT_TT okay, im really not happy with this chp. T_T idk, im really having a big headache when I think about writing fics these days. Idk is it because im too junseung deprived that I hav to mood to write… T_T idk my brain is dead. Orz.