Homecoming

My Player

Homecoming was today. Soori sighed and paced back and forth in her room. After Serah and Bambam left her house the night before, she couldn’t stop thinking about what they had said. Of course, she didn’t want to believe it, who would want to believe their all-time crush was cheating on them? However, she knew deep down that Serah wouldn’t lie to her like that.

She sighed again and shook her head before opening up her closet. Homecoming dance was that day. She felt bad for not going to the homecoming game, but Jimin took her on a date, she’d just have to watch every other game.

Immediately, she pulled out the outfit that Jinhee and Serah prepared for her. The two said they’d be over in a few hours so they could all do their hair and makeup, specifically because they didn’t trust Soori to do her own makeup or hair. For the meantime, Soori got her outfit laid out on the bed before she went downstairs to have lunch.

~

Soori stared at herself in the mirror, Jinhee and Serah had already finished doing her hair and makeup. Her outfit was simple, a light blue dress that fell below her knees, a pair of plain denim shorts to wear underneath, and a light beige cover up on top of it. Her usual birth-stone necklace hung around her neck, and only two of her bracelets were on her wrists. Serah and Jinhee wouldn’t allow her to wear her collection of bracelets. Then her hair, it was curled into small waves that fell just past her shoulders. For her makeup, they decided to keep it looking natural, with only a light pink lipstick, a small amount of blush, mascara, and a light blue eyeshadow to match the dress. Lastly, Soori took her purple handbag, so she could keep her phone somewhere other than her hand.

“Aww you look so cute!!” Jinhee squealed.

“This is so not like me,” Soori scoffed lightly.

“Oh lighten up, you look nice. You look like someone who deserves a prince by her side and not Jimin,” Serah chuckled, earning a small nudge from Jinhee, “But really you look wonderful.”

Soori sighed and shook her head before turning to the other two, “There’s only an hour left before my brother drives us over to the school, you better hurry up and get your makeup and hair done.”

As the two got to work on making themselves appear prettier, Soori sat on her bed, scrolling through her phone, playing games and occasionally looking on Instagram. She noticed a few texts from Jimin as well as from Mark, but decided to ignore both of them.

When the hour had passed and all three girls were all dressed up in their outfits and done with their makeup and hair, they walked out to find Soori’s mom and brother waiting for them. Soori’s mom clapped her hands and gasped, “Aww!! You girls look gorgeous!”

“Thank you, Auntie,” Jinhee grinned widely.

“Let me take photos!” she grinned widely while getting her camera out. Count on moms to have cameras ready at all possible moments.

The girls just chuckled lightly and stood together, taking a few regular photos before starting to do a few different poses. First, they did cute poses, then they did silly faces, followed by them playfully acting like gangsters.

“Alright, alright! Mom I know you’re excited but they need to get to homecoming before it’s too late!” Hyuk said, laughing as he grabbed Soori’s wrist, dragging her out to the car.

“Oh, okay. Bye mom!” she waved at her mother who waved back at them.

The other girls followed Soori out after bowing to Soori’s mom and bidding her goodbye. They all piled into Hyuk’s car, Soori in the passenger seat with Serah and Jinhee in the back.

“What time am I picking you guys up?” Hyuk asked.

“Midnight. We’re going to stay back and help clean up after the dance,” Serah answered.

“Did your parents agree to that?” he raised an eyebrow, eyeing everyone through the mirror.

“Of course!” all three girls nodded rapidly.

“Alright… If I get in trouble, I’m suing,” he joked before turning on the radio, letting the girls chat amongst themselves as he drove them to the school.

“I’m a little upset that Mark didn’t even try to ask you out to homecoming though,” Serah said after a few minutes, catching Hyuk’s interest.

“Mark didn’t ask you??” he raised an eyebrow.

Soori just shook her head, “What does it matter?”

Jinhee and Serah glanced at each other and Hyuk remained silent.  Soori raised an eyebrow at their silence before glancing out the window. “Weirdoes…”

“So who are you going with?” Hyuk asked.

“Jimin.”

“Oh. Well. Would you look at that, we’re at the school. I’ll see you guys later!” Hyuk quickly changed the topic as he parked in front of the school, letting the girls off.

“Thanks Oppa, see you later!” Soori waved goodbye to him as he drove off before turning to the girls. “That’s weird, he normally doesn’t care about my love life.”

“Well, nevermind that,” Jinhee shrugged and grinned before grabbing onto the two girls’ wrists.

“Let’s go party!!” Serah yelled and the other girls cheered before entering the school and going straight for the gym, where homecoming was supposed to be held at.

~

“Wow. You look… Breathtaking,” Jimin smiled when he saw Soori. She blushed in return.

From the background, Serah and Bambam could be found looking in the couple’s direction, a silent sigh escaping their lips. “She didn’t listen to us?” Bambam frowned.

“She was in a panic all morning. She at least took our words to heart,” Serah sighed.

Mark was also watching Jimin with Soori. He frowned and shook his head, turning his attention away from them and onto his girlfriend. “It seems all of your friends know that Jimin is cheating on her… Why does she not believe you guys?” she noted.

Mark shrugged his shoulders, “Well… She’s in love with him, she looks past his flaws and has hopes.”

“I thought you didn’t like saying that she was in love with someone else.”

“I don’t. But if it’s the truth, then it’s the truth,” Mark shrugged his shoulders before deciding to change the topic, giving his girlfriend a playful look, “So, what are your thoughts for tonight?”

“I’m thinking we find an empty classroom for now,” she chuckled lightly, taking his arm and discreetly leaving the gym.

~

About two hours later, close to the end of the dance, Jimin excused himself to the bathroom. Soori nodded and went over to where Serah, Jinhee, and Bambam were while she waited for him to come back.

“How’s the dance going for you guys?” Soori grinned widely.

“Take me away. These two won’t stop flirting!!” Jinhee whined while glaring at Serah and Bambam.

“We are not flirting!!” Serah denied.

Soori raised an eyebrow and pointed at Bambam’s hands, which were nonchalantly resting on Serah’s waist, “That alone suggests that something lovey-dovey is happening. Besides, when did you two even get together??”

“Umm… Last night?” Serah looked back at Bambam who nodded in agreement, “Last night.”

“Aahhh.”

“So, where’d Jimin go?” Jinhee asked.

“Bathroom,” Soori shrugged.

Serah and Bambam gave wary looks to one another. “Soori…” Serah started, which only caused a sigh to escape Soori’s lips.

“It’s been two hours… I don’t think he’s really cheating.”

“Jimin is cheating?” Jinhee asked, beyond confused.

“No!” Soori quickly denied.

“Well…” Bambam shrugged.

“Bambam!” Soori whined.

“Soori…” Serah frowned.

“You guys are just being paranoid okay!”

“Actually… You might want to take a look at the entrance…”

With that, Soori whipped her head around without a second thought, and found none other than Jimin walking in his arm wrapped another girl’s waist. He caught Soori’s eyes and just smirked before turning to the girl and giving her a passionate kiss, to which the girl immediately responded to. Her arms wrapped around Jimin’s neck, pulling him closer and he just slipped his arms around her waist. For a split second, he opened his eyes and caught Soori staring at them. He winked at her, hiding a devious smirk as he continued to kiss the girl.

At that moment, Soori’s eyes widened and for a small second, they got teary. However, Soori wouldn’t allow herself to cry in public, so she forced the tears back and instead, grew an angry front. Without another word, she turned back to Serah, Bambam, and Jinhee. They all gulped as they saw the look in Soori’s eyes. If Serah and Jinhee knew that look, they knew that someone was about to get hurt, and as much as they wanted Jimin hurt, they wanted Soori to calm down. On the other hand, Bambam wanted to leave and grab the boys, so that the girls wouldn’t be alone trying to defend themselves against anything Jimin and his ‘girlfriend’ had in stock for them.

“You okay…?” Jinhee frowned.

“Oh. I’m okay,” Soori nodded.

“…If you ladies don’t mind, I’ll just be excusing myself,” Bambam said, leaving the girls to let them talk amongst themselves.

“You know, you can go right now and give the girl a piece of your mind,” Serah suggested.

“If she wants a piece of me, she can go ahead and come here and say it to my face,” Soori shrugged.

“Well I think that’s what’s happening,” Jinhee blinked as she saw Jimin and his new girl approaching.

“This girl? You wasted your time with this girl, Oppa?” she scoffed as she stared at Soori. She nearly gagged at the sound of her voice. It was high pitched and nasally.

“I feel like my time with him was a bigger waste of my time than his time with me. At least he had you a side , I had nobody to compensate for the lost time I had with him,” Soori scoffed.

Serah just gaped at Soori’s comeback, silently feeling like a proud older sister; on the other hand Jinhee just let out a loud laugh. Jimin stood there with a raised eyebrow, rather shocked that such a comeback could have escaped Soori’s lips. He knew she was good at insulting people, but he didn’t know she could bother to do it while she was heartbroken.

The girl scoffed back at Soori, “Side ? Please, I was the girl he was with to make up for what you couldn’t give him. You may have a pretty face but you don’t even have a nice body for him to drool over. Jimin could at least drool over mine, and a plus for him is that he could touch it.”

“…Doesn’t that basically mean you’re his side I mean you don’t have a pretty face he’s probably only using you for your body,” Soori pointed out.

“You… You son of a—”

“Leave it, babe,” Jimin scoffed lightly, grabbing at the girl’s hand before glaring at Soori in disbelief, “Come on, we have a few dances to make up for the night I spent with her.”

“Oh but wait…” suddenly, Woobin came up from behind Jimin, rubbing the back of his neck while giving Jimin a dangerous glare, “There’s a few punches we need to make up for the days we let you deceive our Soori like that.”

“If I see a single tear escape her eyes, you are beyond dead, Park Jimin,” Moonhyun said while cracking his knuckles.

Mark then appeared along with Bambam just as Moonhyun and Woobin were about to drag Jimin out of the school so they could beat him up. He took one glance at Soori’s heartbroken face, saw the way her two best guy friends were treating Jimin, and saw one unknown girl. Immediately, Mark’s face darkened and he walked up to the boys. “Wait, allow me to have the first punch when we get out there.”

~

“Soori, I know you’re good at this whole not crying in front of other people thing, but can you just admit that you’re heartbroken?” Serah asked as they were all sitting down at a table while everyone else was dancing to their heart’s content. The boys were still outside and the girls just assumed that Jinyoung, Jackson, and the others caught up with them since they were nowhere to be seen.

Soori just sighed and shook her head, “Okay. I’m heartbroken. Now what? I sit here and weep and wait for another prince charming to come sweep me off my feet?”

“No… But I think your Prince Charming is coming anyway,” Jinhee grinned as she saw the boys walk back into the gymnasium. They all looked fresh, as if they had not just gone to beat someone up. No one suspected a thing as they all walked in casually, heading towards the girls.

“How badly did you hurt the guy?” Serah asked as Bambam walked over to her, wrapping his arm around her waist.

“Not that bad… I mean… For the most part it was Mark who did all the punching. Once Jimin got a cut that look like it might scar we pulled Mark away,” Bambam explained to the girls.

“That’s all you allowed? A scar? You men are weak. You should have at least given him three bruises on the cheek as well, and a bloody lip,” Serah chuckled.

“I’m almost a hundred percent sure that his cheeks are well bruised, and believe me his lip is bleeding,” Jinyoung laughed lightly while slinging his arm around Mark’s shoulders, “This guy went all out on Jimin. I mean, not like that’s much of a surprise since he lo—”

Mark elbowed Jinyoung in the gut, “Alright, Jinyoung. Let’s not say anything stupid now.”

The girls all raised an eyebrow at the two boys. In return, they grinned childishly at them, causing the girls to look at each other with a small smile and shake their heads before smiling at everyone.

“Thank you… You didn’t have to beat him up or anything though…” Soori spoke up.

“Are you kidding? Man, there are days we beat him up for no reason. You just gave us a real reason to kick his . It was our pleasure. Besides, no one just hurts our little Soori and expects to get away with it,” Moonhyun chuckled while ruffling the girl’s hair.

“YAH! WE WORKED HARD ON THAT!!” Jinhee whined, pushing Moonhyun’s hand away from Soori’s hair.

Soori just giggled a little before standing up and going to Mark, smiling softly at him, “Thank you. I should have listened to you earlier when you told me he was cheating on me.”

Mark just shrugged his shoulders, “I should have found a better way to give you the news. The way I tried to tell you kind of wasn’t the best way for me to tell you… I’m just happy that I could help you out a little.”

“Come on, let’s give them some alone time,” Jinyoung whispered to the others. They all nodded and left Mark and Soori to themselves.

The two watched them leave before awkwardly looking at one another. Mark rubbed the nape of his neck while Soori bit her lower lip, glancing down at the floor every now and then.

“Uh, listen…” she started, “I’m sorry for being so mad at you before… You know… With everything that happened with Jaebum and Jinhee. You’re not a bad guy; I shouldn’t have let Jaebum’s actions cloud my thoughts of you.”

Mark smiled softly and shook his head, “Don’t worry about it. It’s understandable why you guys would treat us that way after what happened. But at the very least, thanks to Bambam dating Serah, we were able to be here when Jimin hurt you and we regained your trust… At least… Most of us did. I’m not sure how Jinhee feels about us still…”

“Hmm… Jinhee isn’t one to keep grudges. I’m sure that if she and Jaebum talk it out it’ll be okay,” Soori nodded and smiled at him, “I’m glad we can all be friends again.”

“Yeah… Friends…” he smiled softly, though inside Mark felt his heart hurting a little.

Soori just smiled at him before taking notice of the song choice. It was her favorite singer, Ailee. “Come on, I don’t want to remember tonight as the night I danced with a cheating bastard. Dance with me!” she grinned while pulling him over to the dance floor.

Mark smiled widely at her and immediately followed her to the dance floor. The two laughed and had a great time as they danced their hearts out. For today, they both thought, they’ll just stay happy. Tomorrow, they’ll grieve for certain events that happened today. For Mark, he’ll grieve over being in the friendzone. For Soori, she’ll grieve over losing her first love.

~

From a corner, Bambam, Serah, and everyone else were watching the two dancing.

“Who wants to make a bet?” Jinyoung grinned from ear to ear as he thought up a great idea.

“What’s the bet on and what are we betting?” Serah immediately asked, turning her head to look over at the taller man.

“How long it takes for Mark and Soori to get together. I’m down for betting money if you guys are.”

“I’ll bet money on this!” Woobin immediately jumped into the conversation.

“I’m down,” Moonhyun agreed.

Sooner or later, everyone in the group had agreed to bet money on how long it would take Mark and Soori to get together.

Jinyoung, Woobin, and Jackson bet they’d be together in six months. Serah, Jinhee, Yugyeom, and Youngjae bet they’d get together in four months. Jaebum and Moonhyun bet on eight months. Lastly, Bambam alone bet on five months. Everyone put five dollars in on the bet. The last agreement was that if Soori and Mark got together at any time other than what was mentioned, each of them had to do something special for the couple; such as give them a gift.

“By the way, when did you two get together?” Youngjae raised an eyebrow at Serah and Bambam.

“Last night. Seriously is it that hard for you people to keep up with your friends’ love life? You guys spend too much time on Mark and Soori you don’t even realize when your other friends are together with someone else. That is just plain wrong,” Serah shook her head in disbelief, chuckling lightly.

“Yeah well… Look at them. They’re so obvious and oblivious. You need to pay attention to things like that, it’s amusing,” Woobin chuckled.

Jinhee shrugged, “I’m just surprised at how lightly Soori has taken the whole news of Jimin. I mean… She was in love with him for a while.”

“She has Mark. I think he’s what’s keeping her up right now,” Moonhyun smiled as they all watched Soori and Mark continuing to dance together.

“I guess so… She’ll probably be grieving a lot tomorrow, though.”

“Yeah, no doubt about that.”

~

“Hey, Homecoming’s over now. You guys want us to take you home?” the boys asked the girls as the last dance ended.

“Nah, Soori’s brother will pick us up after we help clean up, thanks though!” Serah grinned.

“…Oh what the hell we’ll stay back and help you guys clean up as well,” Jinyoung grinned.

“Don’t you guys have a ride?” Jinhee raised an eyebrow.

All the boys shook their heads, “We were going to walk home. Anyway, let’s get cleaning!”

Mark decided to help Soori put the lighting and sound equipment back into the theater room. As they were putting the last of the lights back into the light booth, Mark spoke up.

“So, how are you feeling?”

“Hm? What do you mean?” Soori asked, tilting her head as she looked up at him.

Mark rubbed the back of his neck, “I mean uh… About… Tonight…”

“Well spending time with you again was worth it. Everything with Jimin I mean… It’s whatever I guess,” Soori smiled softly at him, “Thanks for beating him up.”

“Anything for you, sweetheart,” Mark winked at her and chuckled, “Hey remember what you told Jinyoung our first day here?”

“Hmm? No… What?”

“About the light booth…” Mark wiggled his eyebrows and took a step closer to Soori.

“Really Mark??? Won’t your girlfriend disprove of that?” Soori raised an eyebrow at him, resting a hand on the table where the light board was set up and leaning on it.

“My deal with her is I help her get a guy jealous so they’ll get together tonight. And they did. She is no longer my girlfriend and I am free to do whatever I wish,” he chuckled lightly.

“Correction, you can do whatever you wish as long as you consent. I do not give you consent to do anything with me up here.”

“What about when we get down there?”

“No.”

“Aww Soori… You could repay me for beating up Jimin for you.”

She took this into consideration before shaking her head, “Nah. Come on, they’re probably waiting for us down there.”

Mark frowned but followed her out of the door anyway. Before they reached the bottom of the staircase, Soori quickly turned and gave Mark a small kiss on the cheek. “Thanks,” she whispered softly before continuing her descent down the staircase.

Mark blinked in shock a few times before grinning widely and following her out of the theater room and back to the gym where everyone was waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I was drunk halfway through writing this chapter.

Well either way I hope you enjoyed <3

I love you people <3

ibethomecomingwasntatallwhatimadeyouguypectittobexD

OH YEAH BEFORE I FORGET I HAVE A WATTPAD NOW. IF YOU GUYS WANNA LIKE. GO CHECK MY STORIES AND WHATNOT. AND BY STORIES I MEAN THIS ONESHOT/IMAGINE BOOK MY FRIEND MADE ME POST. http://www.wattpad.com/user/PandaHearts22 There's the link :3

Comment Replies~

bkprazzy - Oh man I'm so happy you like my story <3 Thank you!! Part of her past shall be revealed next chapter so aaayyye :3

GzEXOluv - Aaww I'm glad my updates make you happy <3 I actually don't think this rudely of Jimin I think he's talented and amazing but I guess just the way he looks kinda made me gave him this sort of role xD

thelillcat - Hehe sorry I didn't go into detail about the boys beating up Jimin. I kinda didn't want to write that.

kyunginchanbaekris - Updated~! :D

bloomst - OH. Well I understand completely now. Mark is definitely Usui xD

EXOtic1994 - Dude don't even apologize for the long comment long comments like these are my LIFE. Thank you and all your answers shall be answered in due time :3 I can't believe you read this in 2 days oh my gosh thank you!

natashanash13 - I hope the homecoming chapter lives up to your expectations :3

starkisSitibaby - Haha I have now updated~! <3

kawaiimacaron - Updated! :D

MinRa14 - I have now updated :3