Better... Not

My Player

Everyone was just making their way back home. For Mark and the other boys, they were unsure of what to do. Soori and her friends were still just there, and they knew there was no way they could all walk home together.

Jaebum was the first to speak up, “Why don’t we just walk. They’re going to ignore us, we’re going to ignore them.”

“Easy for you to say, you’re the one who got us into the whole mess,” Jackson shook his head.

Jaebum rolled his eyes, “You guys are being girls. Let’s just go. And let’s stop by the café. I’m hungry!”

Everyone just sighed and shrugged their shoulders, having no choice but to follow Jaebum since he had already started walking. Once his mind was made, there was no changing it. Only on rare occasions and class projects would he change his mind on any decision he’s made.

Mark couldn’t help but to stare ahead, seeing not too far in the distance that Jimin was obviously flirting with Soori. His arm was wrapped around her waist, they were walking close together, and Jimin kept whispering into her ear which caused her to laugh and playfully slap his shoulder. An involuntary sigh escaped Mark’s lips.

The group of boys all turned to him and followed his line of sight. When they caught sight of Soori and Jimin, everyone just sighed and shook their heads.

“Why’d you even fight with her?” Jinyoung questioned.

The red haired boy let out another sigh and ruffled his hair, “I don’t even know why we fought. She was just… She wouldn’t listen to me, or accept my apologies, or anything, and I got frustrated. Next thing I know, we’re in each other’s faces screaming at each other.”

“Man… We make other friends and in an instant they’re gone…” Bambam complained.

Jaebum groaned before turning to the rest of them, “That’s life guys. You get friends, you lose friends. Come on, we’re at the café.”

“…Jinhee’s in there… You okay with going in?” Youngjae asked.

“…Of course. Why wouldn’t I? I’m not the one who got dumped…” Jaebum mumbled and without a second thought, walked into the café. He did his best to ignore his ex-girlfriend and her friends, but his friends weren’t so successful in ignoring them.

Mark met eyes with Soori. Her eyes were filled with the same fiery hatred that filled them during theater class. He simply blinked at her, trying to give her an emotionless and blank stare. Their stare down was getting uncomfortable, so Mark tried to look away, but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. Soori was the first to turn away when Jimin had approached her with a cup of taro flavored bubble tea and an order of crispy chicken.

Slowly, Mark’s fist clenched and he wasn’t even sure why. He immediately turned away and ordered a drink and some food for himself.

~

“Are you sure you don’t wanna talk about what happened in theater?” Jimin asked Soori as he fed her some of the crispy chicken.

After swallowing the bite, she just shrugged, “It’s nothing worth talking about.”

“I think you’re lying.”

“What makes you think that?”

“You guys just had a stare off and I’m pretty sure I was able to taste how angry you were,” Jimin chuckled as he took a sip of her drink.

Soori rolled her eyes and took a bite of her chicken before saying, “Look. He made me angry. I made him angry. We fought. Ms. Henan came. We left. Simple.”

Jimin casually slung his arm around her shoulder, “Well… If anything bad happens again, be sure to tell me. I’ll come swooping in like the knight in shining armor that I am.”

“Have I ever told you how much I loved your humbleness?” Soori chuckled, nudging him slightly before she took another bite of her food.

“No, but it’s never too late to tell me all the qualities you love about me,” he gave her a greasy wink which caused her to roll her eyes before she just focused on eating her food, every now and then feeding Jimin.

“So… Are you actually okay with what happened with Mark?” Jimin asked once they finished their food.

Soori groaned, “Stop asking me about him.”

He narrowed his eyes at her, “This is only the second time I’ve asked about him.”

“Still!” she exclaimed.

“I just know something’s wrong, okay?” Jimin shrugged.

Soori rolled her eyes, “Get your sixth sense and instincts checked out because they’re wrong.”

“You can’t lie to me like that, Soori. I know.”

“You don’t know.”

“I do.”

“Don’t.”

“I’m not going to argue with you over this,” Jimin finally said after the two had spent a good two minutes going back and forth like that.

“Good then we can drop it?” Soori grinned.

“After you tell me… Are you alright?”

She sighed before speaking up again, “Yes. I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be? It’s just Mark.”

“Just Mark?”

“Yeah… Just Mark.”

Jimin let out a low whistle, “I know it bothers you, even if it’s ‘just’ Mark.” He added air quotes around the word ‘just.’

“Why would anything bother me?”

“I don’t know. What’d you guys fight about?”

“It started off as me yelling at him and Jinyoung about what happened with Jinhee and Jaebum… Then Mark started yelling at me and I was yelling at him. I don’t even remember what we were yelling about at that point.”

“So you’re angry with him… For reasons you don’t even remember?”

“…Yeah.”

“Are all girls this complicated?”

“Depends… I like to just blame my period whenever I’m this complicated.”

“…Did you just subtly admit to being on-”

“Yes.”

Jimin pursed his lips for a moment, staring at Soori before shaking his head, “You’re really different from most other girls.”

She raised an eyebrow at him before he quickly added, “I mean that in the best of ways, Soori.”

“Thanks. Anyway, I think the others are getting ready to leave, shall we get going?” Soori asked, standing up.

“Actually, can we go ahead? I think I want to buy you some ice cream. Maybe rent a movie… Yeah.”

“As sweet as that is, the movie will have to wait. It’s a school night and my mom is strict, you know that.”

“Right… Friday then?”

“Sure!”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at 7?” Jimin winked at her before walking over to Moonhyun and Woobin, telling them that he was going to leave early.

A small blush crept onto Soori’s cheeks and she let out a happy sigh before walking over to where Serah and Jinhee were seated. They both seemed very unhappy.

“Are you two okay?” Soori asked worriedly.

“It’s just… The other guys came in here and the atmosphere suddenly got tense… Jinhee and Jaebum kept glaring at each other. When Jinhee got up, she and Jaebum walked past each other. I thought icicles would form on the tables,” Serah explained.

“Also… This one keeps complaining because she wants to forgive them so she can be with Bambam. I told her, we don’t need to make up with Jaebum for her to be with him. If you like him, go for it. But if he hurts you, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Jinhee said bitterly.

“Aigoo…” Soori shook her head while taking a seat, “Well… On a happier note… I have a date with Jimin!”

Immediately after that, loud coughing, almost as if he was choking, was heard from a nearby table. The three girls slowly turned to find Mark, hitting his chest while Jinyoung beside him was rubbing Mark’s back, occasionally patting it. The two guys met eyes with the girls and they had an awkward silence envelope them before Soori took the initiative and quickly turned back around in her seat.

“Um…”

“That was awkward…” Serah said, taking the words out of Soori’s mouth.

“So that date?” Jinhee asked.

“Yeah… He’s taking me out to a movie on Friday,” Soori grinned.

“Movie on Friday and then homecoming on Saturday? You’ve got yourself a weekend full of Jimin,” Jinhee laughed.

Then, the girls heard a loud clatter and turned to see Mark hurriedly getting out of his seat, heading out of the café with a confused Jinyoung left behind.

Jinyoung felt eyes on him so he turned and saw the three girls again. He gulped and quickly stood up, bowing his head slightly before quickly following Mark, bowing politely to the other workers as well. Soon afterwards, Jaebum and the other boys followed the two.

“Well then…”

“Hey guys, wanna get going soon?” Moonhyun called.

“Yeah sure, just give us a few moments!” Serah called back.

~

Mark walked a few blocks away from the café, knowing that at the very least, Jinyoung was following him. He kicked a pebble, watching as it scattered over to another pair of feet. The red haired boy glanced up to see who it was next to the pebble, then quickly did a double take. His eyes widened as he quickly found a tree to hide behind.

“Mark… What are you doing?” Jinyoung questioned as he strode up to him. In response, the boy just put a finger to his lips and tilted his head toward the scene behind him. Sneakily, he glanced back at the couple beside his pebble. Jinyoung’s eyes followed and after seeing the scene, he quickly joined Mark behind the tree.

“He’s… Cheating on her?”

“He better not be…” Mark gritted his teeth.

~~~~~~~~~

 

THIS TOOK WAY LONGER THAN I EXPECTED I'M SO SORRY

And it's a short chapter...

I actually think next chapter will be kinda short too.

The homecoming chapters should be a lot longer so I hope that makes it better :D

I'm back in school

Fml

School

Eughefjawpeoigh

Oh and yes I did change the title.

Only because player fits Mark more than bad boy-

Comment/Subscribe?(:

Comment Replies~

thelillcat - Man wouldn't that be nice xD

zyluxoxo - Oohhhh. If only LOL

kyunginchanbaekris - Fluff will come. Eventually. :)

CakePop33 - No one expected that from him. I'm sorry. I needed a source for my drama-

PinkPanda930 - I MADE YOU CRY OMG I'M SORRY D:

KIM_MINAH_19 - Good or bad? :D

Waffle_Berry - D: I'm sorry to bring back such memories for you...

Ob3yDaQu33n - Yeah... You'll like him later maybe. Mark + Jelly = OTP

natashanash13 - Evil?? Naaahhh~

MinRa14 - Lots of things are wrong with him--