Fights

My Player

It was the week of homecoming, Wednesday. Mark was very anxious about Wednesdays now, due to Jimin and Soori. Since that Monday, Mark has been unsure if that date was even real. Soori became cold towards him again. There were no memories of their date, except for the one picture that she still had posted on Instagram. Mark treasured that photo and even saved it to his own phone. However, he knew he couldn’t be hung over on Soori like this. So after saving the photo, he moved on and continued flirting until he got the girlfriend.

“Babe, do you wanna come over again today? I’m home alone until dinner time,” his girlfriend suggestively bit down on her lower lip as she clung to Mark’s arm.

Mark smiled down at her, “Of course babe… Maybe we can try that out tonight,” he winked.

The girl giggled and nodded her head eagerly, “We can definitely do that. Come by whenever you want, just not straight after school… I wanna get ready first.”

Soori cringed and shuddered as she overheard the couple’s conversation. When she had first heard about Mark’s relationship, she felt sorry for the girl; but now all she felt was disgusted and sick at the thought of them. They didn’t even try to hide the fact that their relationship was for only ual benefits.

She quickly shut her locker and turned to her right, briefly meeting eyes with Mark before turning around and walking in the opposite direction.

Mark bit his lip and let out a small sigh and shook his head as she walked away.

“I still don’t understand why you’re dating me when you’re obviously head over heels for her,” the girl in front of him crossed her arms.

“I was hoping maybe some jealousy would pop up from her. And anyway, I don’t understand why you said yes if you clearly don’t have any real feelings for me,” Mark retorted.

She just chuckled and shook her head, “I just wanted a date for homecoming, honestly. Besides… There are some benefits to dating you. For example, I can kiss you whenever I wish. You’re not a bad kisser you know.”

Mark just chuckled arrogantly and nodded, “Of course I know that. You know, you’re actually a pretty awesome person.”

“I’m aware.”

He rolled his eyes playfully and laughed a little at how conceited she was. He offered his arm to her and grinned, “Shall we, babe?”

“Quick question though, babe,” she said as she took his arm.

“What’s up?”

“Why do I have to act like one of those annoying, clingy girlfriends whenever she’s around? I’m sure she’d be a thousand times more jealous of seeing us actually getting along without me clinging onto you and constantly being suggestive.”

“Well hey you’re suggestive whether you’re acting or not. And that… That’s just because.”

~

“Hey Jinhee, let’s go somewhere for just the two of us?” Jaebum discreetly asked the girl as everyone else was busy chatting amongst each other.

“Hmm? Oh, sure!” she grinned and easily complied.

Jaebum smirked and met eyes with Bambam. Bambam’s eyes widened as he immediately understood what Jaebum was going to do. “Oh no…” he muttered to himself, but Serah still heard him.

“Hmm? What’s wrong?”

“Jinhee…” he whispered.

Serah’s eyes widened at that and she immediately grabbed hold of Bambam’s shirt, almost in a panic “What about her?”

With a small gulp, Bambam started telling Serah what he thought was happening. As he got further into the story he started stuttering as he saw how angry the girl was getting. Serah’s anger kept growing until she could not keep all of it inside. Before Bambam finished, she was up and grabbed onto Soori.

“Huh? Serah? What’s wrong?” a confused Soori tilted her head.

“We’re kicking ,” Serah sneered.

Everyone else in the group, with the exception of Bambam, blinked as they looked at one another in confusion. “Wait, Serah I’m confused!” Soori spoke up again.

“Jaebum is dead.” Those words were all it took for Soori to understand what was happening. At first her eyes were wide in shock, but then they turned icy, filled with hatred. She should have seen this coming. The boys’ eyes were all wide as well as realization dawned on them. Woobin and Moonhyun both immediately glared at the nearest person, who happened to be Jackson and Yugyeom.

Quickly, Jinyoung jumped up, shaking his hands out in front of him in a panic. “Whoa, hey, okay, guys, let’s calm down real quick… What’s happening???”

“Jaebum. Is. Going. To. Die.”

~

Once Jinhee and Jaebum were alone at the end of the art hall, Jinhee spoke up. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Hmm? Nothing, just wanted alone time, that’s all,” Jaebum grinned as he gently brushed a stray strand of Jinhee’s hair away from her face. With a small smile, he tucked it behind her ear before speaking up again, “I think we just needed a little time to talk, you know.”

Jinhee grew a little nervous and bit the inside of her lip, “If this is about yesterday-”

Jaebum smiled and quickly cut her off, “Yesterday was amazing. I promise.”

“R-Really?” Jinhee blushed.

“Of course… I wouldn’t lie to you about that. It was amazing I just… I feel like maybe we’re moving too fast…” he let out a small sigh and avoided looking her in the eye.

Her eyes widened slightly and quickly shook her head, “Y-You think so? I… I mean… I’d have to agree… But I-I mean…”

“Maybe… We should call it quits for now,” Jaebum said, looking into her eyes as he spoke.

“W-What…?” she whispered softly.

“I just think… It might be better for us…”

Jinhee gulped, feeling anger starting to build up from the pit of her stomach. She shook her head as a small fire built in her eyes. “Are you serious right now?” she suddenly exploded.

This took Jaebum by surprise, he was used to leaving his ladies crying, not having them scream in his face. She continued on, “May I remind you… You were the one who wanted to do it! You’re the one who pushed me into doing everything we did yesterday! And now you have the nerve to say we moved too fast?” she scoffed and shook her head. “I should have known. I shouldn’t have trusted you.”

Jaebum just scoffed, “Well… You’re just an unlucky girl who was stupid enough to fall for my charm.”

Jinhee raised both of her eyebrows and took a step towards Jaebum, roughly pushing his chest to force him to back up a little. “An unlucky girl who was also stupid huh? Yeah. Consider me unlucky for meeting you and talking to you. Trusting you, that was a mistake. Dating you… Now that’s where the stupidity kicked in. Falling for your tricks… Looking back at it makes me think I was under a spell or something. Clearly I wasn’t thinking then… I must have been so overcome with the idea of a high school romance that my mind blanked out. I mean obviously… Why else would I date someone like you?”

“Someone like me? I’m sorry I don’t match up to your standards, princess.”

“Yeah well I’m also sorry that I happened to match up to your standards…” Jinhee paused as she heard footsteps, then smirked at Jaebum, “Because now you’re in a world of pain.” She walked past him and quickly ran to Soori and Serah, enveloping her friends in a hug.

“Are you okay?” the girls quickly asked.

“Y-Yeah… I’m okay…” she smiled before quickly frowning when she saw the other boys running towards them.

“J-Jinhee! Please don’t hate us! We’re sorry about what Jaebum did okay just don’t hate us!” Bambam quickly begged.

Jinhee looked to Soori and Serah, they both shrugged. Then, they heard a voice behind them scoff, causing all heads to turn towards Jaebum. “Really Bambam? You’re going to beg for some to forgive you?”

Serah and Soori both scoffed and took a step towards Jaebum. “Excuse you?” Serah started. “Did you just refer to our Jinhee as a ?” Soori asked.

“Yeah… I mean… All three of you are,” Jaebum chuckled.

“Jaebum that is too far!” Jinyoung yelled. The others nodded in agreement.

“Aw. You guys are taken with these girls.”

“That and… We fear…” Jackson looked over at where Woobin, Moonhyun, and Jimin were standing with their arms crossed.

“Did I miss out on something?”

All heads turned to find an innocent-looking, and very confused, Mark Tuan.

~

Theater was a mess that day. Luckily, Ms. Henan had turned the students loose to work on whichever area they wished to work on. Soori followed Heesung up to the light booth. Unfortunately, Mark and Jinyoung had followed them up there. Also with the group was a senior named Tao, a junior named Jin, two sophomores by the names of Yejin and Tiffany, and another freshman named Mae.

Mark nudged Soori as they walked up to the light booth. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Oh? You’re going to pretend you care?” Soori scoffed.

Mark blinked and nodded rapidly, “Of course I am!”

She rolled her eyes, “Stop it.”

“Stop what??”

“Pretending to care.”

“I’m not pretending… Soori I really care. I’m sorry Jaebum hurt Jinhee… I mean it was rather obvious he would but…” he muttered that last part, causing Soori to turn to him with fire in her eyes.

“I’m sorry? What was that last part?”

“Soori, Tuan. What’s going on?” Heesung asked as she opened the door to the light booth.

“Unnie… Not now.”

“Soori I understand you’re mad but for now I’m the teacher so either you tell me what’s up or drop the topic.”

“Soori I-” Mark started.

Soori gave him a cold glare before turning back to Heesung, “Dropping the topic.” Heesung muttered a small ‘thank you’ before continuing on to the lesson.

After about fifteen minutes of letting everyone mess around with the light board, Heesung twirled on the chair to face everyone. “So… It’s been a few weeks since school started. Are there any questions at all? I mean… It’s not rocket science but sometimes Henan is crazy.” Everyone shook their heads and looked at one another. “Perfect! Well, you guys are free to mess around. I don’t think Henan has anything planned so we can just chill up here unless she asks for something.”

Soori was about to start a nice chat with Heesung before Mark and Jinyoung pulled her back. Jinyoung spoke up first, “I… We know what happened with Jaebum and Jinhee was pretty bad… And we know… We should have told you guys… But are you all really going to hate us because of that?”

“Uh… Yeah that seems to be the plan,” Soori nodded and was about to turn around again but Mark quickly got a hold of her.

“Soori… None of us have any intent to hurt you guys again… Bambam truly likes Serah and we don’t want to ruin his chance. And I… Well… You know…”

She crossed her arms and took a step closer to him, “No, Mark. I don’t know. What about you?”

“I really like you… I mean… I think I do…”

“Oh. You like me? Really?” she laughed sarcastically and shook her head, “You asked out another girl. You have another girlfriend. And after what happened with Jaebum you expect me to fall for that? Please, you’re just going to use me like Jaebum used Jinhee. How stupid do you think I am?”

“That’s not at all what I was thinking!” Mark raised his voice slightly, “What Jaebum did to Jinhee… That isn’t my intention at all! I truly like you. The girlfriend she… I’m using her! But not really I mean… She and I are using each other… If that makes sense… And I mean... You're not that innocent either!"

"Oh really? Enlighten me."

"Right after our date you jump into Jimin's arms. I mean I'm obviously no love expert but that is just low."

"Really? If it weren't for you making that big scene in front of our parents than I wouldn't have said yes to that date anyway."

"Oh so that fun time we had means nothing now? I mean, of course it doesn't. You have Jimin now, the man of your dreams right? The man you've been in love with because he's your little Prince Charming! Tch."

“Stop. Just stop,” Soori spat, “I’m not sure if you can hear yourself right now but you sound ridiculous! The point here is, I’m done with you. I’m done with your friends. Serah is done with you guys. Jinhee is done with you guys. All of us are.”

“It’s not like it was as bad as it seemed I mean… Jinhee didn’t cry!”

“She wouldn’t cry in front of you guys! But of course she cried! As soon as we were sure our boys were keeping you busy… We went away and Jinhee burst into tears!”

“S-She did…?” Jinyoung and Mark stuttered.

“Are you stupid? Of course she did! She lost everything because she trusted Jaebum!”

“I-Isn’t that exag-”

“No! Jinhee is more or less like me when it comes to this kind of thing. Her first kiss was taken by Jaebum, so naturally she also made out with a boy for the first time with him. Jaebum was her first real boyfriend that at least pretended to not be a douchebag and treat her right… Even if it was only for a few weeks. He took her out on her first formal date. Oh and let’s not forget… He took her ity yesterday. What does she have now? Well she certainly feels like she has nothing.”

The entire room went silent after Soori’s rant. She huffed and turned to Heesung. “I’m going downstairs.” Without even hearing an answer from Heesung, Soori opened the door and quickly ran down to where everyone else was.

Mark and Jinyoung looked at each other, both with worried looks in their eyes. Before either one of them could say anything, Mark ran after Soori.

“Soori…” he breathed out when he found her in the dressing rooms.

“What do you want now?”

“To apologize…”

“That won’t help now will it?” she scoffed.

“Well at least I’m trying to make it right!”

“Noted. Thanks for trying.”

“It’d be nice if you would try and be cooperative with me for once!”

“Oh and what do you want me to do? Accept your apology and just have everything go back to how it used to be? That’s not how it’s going to work, Mark!”

“Why? Because you and your friends are so stubborn you can’t just accept an apology?”

“Because we’re stubborn? Oh please… Mark, grow up! It takes more than just an apology to fix what happened today.”

“Well what do you want? It’s not like I can just hand Jinhee her ity back and make it all better!”

“Hey guess what genius, Jinhee needs her apology from Jaebum. In fact, if apologies is all your dull brain can think of… You’re apologizing to the wrong person. If anything, all of you owe her an apology!”

“You deserve one too, Soori.”

“Why? You didn’t specifically hurt me. At least not yet. When are you going to do that, Mr. Tuan? I’m waiting patiently.”

“I’m not going to hurt you Soori!”

“Yeah of course you’re not,” she chuckled bitterly.

“I’m not! Soori just listen to me!”

“No. All you players are the same! Jaebum just proved that to me. I mean… Didn’t you guys say Jaebum wasn’t bad? Man… If that’s what it’s like to not be bad… I worry for the poor girls who fall for your tricks.”

“I am not bad!”

“Sure Mark. Keep telling yourself that.”

“Okay, if you’re not even going to try to listen to me… I pity myself for even starting to think I could have a crush on you!”

“Oh so now this is about you?”

“No!”

“Really? That’s what it sounded like.”

“You are-”

“Alright, what is going on?!?!” Ms. Henan stormed into the dressing room to find the two teenagers in each other’s faces, breathing heavily, their faces red with rage.

Soori was the first to calm herself down, and she turned to Ms. Henan with an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry… We were just having a disagreement. We’re done talking now.”

“Yeah… Sorry. I promise we won’t do this again. In fact, I’m pretty sure there’s no chances of you catching us together like this again,” Mark reassured her.

“Okay well… You guys should get out there. The bell’s going to ring soon.”

“Yes ma’am.”

The two looked at each other, both with an equal amount of fiery hatred in their eyes before they hurried out of the dressing room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I don't know how I did it but I wrote this chapter while listening to love songs.

And so the first half of our drama kicks in ouo

Yeah. I'm pretty excited. Homecoming is coming up :3

Plesae do comment and subscribe~ It motivates me! ^.^

Comment Replies~

KIM_MINAH_19 - Jealous Mark is cute~

Waffle_Berry - The story may or may not be a little more complicated than that xD

thelillcat - Haha if only I could write out scenes that included beating people up. If I could this chapter would be longer. Trust me.

Ob3yDaQu33n - Welcome aboard new reader~! Hehe I'm sorry I kinda killed the ship just now-

epikdark - Oh yeah. He definitely needs to prove himself. Though not sure if that's happening soon ;P

BBVGMBSE - I have now updated c:

MinRa14 - I have updated~!

random3010 - Updated!

angelfromabove21 - Gotta love the non douchey players right? c;