024

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 24 TAEYEON

“Have you ever lied to someone Taeyeon?” Kris asked out of the blue.

I was surprised with Kris’ question. Is he aware of the lie that I’ve been telling everyone?

“Why do you ask?” I asked back trying to sound nonchalant.

“Just asking” Kris replied.

But after a short silence, Kris spoke up again, “Taeyeon, what would you do if someone you trusted lied to you?”

I looked at him intently while his attention was on his game. I realized he wasn’t referring to me. He was referring to his experience. “What kind of lie has this trusted person of yours told you?” I asked.

Kris looks at me for a brief moment before going back to his game. He stays silent for awhile before finally answering me, “he’s been hiding something from me”

“Maybe he’s hiding it from you to protect you”

“Protect me?” Kris asked. He put down his phone and stared back at me. “What do you mean to protect me? I can protect myself” he argues.

“You might think that way, but no one is immune of getting hurt in one way or another, Yifan”

Kris raised an eyebrow before picking up his phone and started playing again.

“I’m the one most capable of protecting others. Does he think he’s the only one capable of getting information? I’m not the leader for nothing. Does he not trust me?” Kris mumbled.

The more I get to know Kris, the more I get to realize that he is one big baby. Probably, like how Chanyeol started out. A big guy, with a rough and solid façade but deep down is a big marshmallow.

I walked towards him and patted his head.

“What are you doing?” Kris sternly complained as he held my wrist, stopping me from patting his head further. I gave him a puppy look and his stern face started to soften. “Why are you showing me that face?” he asked aware that I’m trying to act cute.

“you’re such a baby Yifan” I said while smiling at him. Before he can even complain again, I cupped his face. “Believe me, Yifan. You are very important to Lu Han and he’s just protecting you. So don’t be upset, okay? He must be hiding something because he needs to protect someone else, if it’s not you he’s trying to protect. And Lu Han trusts you. He must be thinking that you of all people will understand his actions. Bottom line is, you’re important to him”

“I never said it was Lu Han” he denied. “But I assume it’s him. He’s the closest person to you” I replied still cupping his face with my hands.

“As of the moment, you’re the closest one to me” Kris whispered as he pulled me closer holding my chin with his right hand.

“Literally, yes I am the one closest to you now. But among your friends, I think Lu Han’s has that spot” I answered back cocking my head to the side.

We stared at each other for a moment before Kris pulled away.

“I guess I won that round of our staring game” I declared victoriously.

“Whatever”

Kris said he can concentrate better here than in the library. But all he does here is bring his book, open it and then he’d start playing games on his phone. Sometimes, he opens his Mac book and goes over some file which I assume are related to his family’s business and not with school. Even if all he does in the discussion room is play his games and other not related to school matters, I heard he still manages to top his class. I’ve been hearing lots about him. So far, I’ve only seen him read one book intently – his commercial law book.

We haven’t been arguing like before. It’s like he has grown on me. He teases me from time to time, but not as much as before. His taunting and his advances don’t scare me anymore. He also admits defeat this time. Our tutor sessions are not the same as before actually. Kris has been learning quite well with Chanyeol. But we still meet here, he’d ask for translations from time to time. But most of the time, we just mind each of our business.

“How’s the boyfriend by the way?”

“He’s doing great. Tiffany seems to be doing great too” I lied making myself sound convincing since I had my back facing Kris, so he wouldn’t see how unconvincing my face was.

“Facing the other way doesn’t hide the truth in your voice, Taeyeon” Kris said catching me off guard.

 “You don’t need to hide anything from me” Kris said as he tugged the hem of my shirt. “I’m practically an outsider in your relationship. But you can tell me whatever you can’t tell Cho, Lee and Rose. I know you’re trying to protect the friendship that they have with Siwon”

And just like that, Kris hit the bull’s eye. My tears started to roll down my cheeks. Kris turned me around and had my head resting on his chest.

For some reasons, I have found solace in Kris’ presence. Oddly enough Kris has become my go to person ever since Siwon left for Paris and Tiffany met an accident. His presence has given me comfort and without me knowing Kris has become a very important friend to me.

I pulled away and wiped my tears with the back of my hand, “why do you always have to be the person who sees me crying like this, Yifan?”

Kris grabs hold of my hand and wipes my face instead, “beats me. I’m really just unlucky I guess”

-------

KRIS

“Tiffany got into an accident while saving Siwon. Because of the accident, Tiffany is not able to use her legs nor does s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter