020

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DONGHAE

“Good evening aunt Kim!” I greeted as soon as Mrs. Kim, the Choi household’s head maid also known as Taeyeon’s mother open the door for me. “Wow, what a handsome young man you’ve become Donghae ah. It’s been awhile since I last saw you” Mrs. Kim warmly replied.

“yeah, it really has been awhile”

“take a seat, I’ll just call Taeyeon. I believe she’s already ready by now” Mrs. Kim bid before she walked to where Taeyeon’s room was.

As I was waiting I checked on my e-mail through my phone. There were from some of the company’s investors. Few moments after, a message from Kyuhyun came but as I was about to open it I heard the sound of high heels making me look up.

I was silent for a short while and when I found my voice I manage to comment, “you look absolutely beautiful” as I watched my date walk into the living room where I am seated. She’s dolled up for the event that we’re attending today.

She is wearing a short-sleeved, gorgeous, red colored, floor length gown with a ribbon by her waist. Her hair was messily kept with a few hair strands falling by the side of her face.

 “Why did I choose you among all girls? I think a lot men would want to kill me tonight. I’m putting my life in a whole lot of danger because of you” I said in amazement standing up from my seat.

“Thank you for the compliment, though I think you are exxagerating. And I have to say, you’re not that bad yourself, Mr. Lee” she replied eyeing me. I was wearing a gray suit and pants with black inner dress shirt and a red tie. My usually messy hair was gelled up in a neat manner.

She smiled at me and then walked closer to me. I extended my hand which she took then I twirled her around to see her dress fully. And that was when I noticed that her hair was kept for a purpose and that is to show off her beautiful back.

I looked around and noticed that it was just the two of us. I didn’t want anyone to overhear us.

“Does your boyfriend approve of you wearing this kind of dress? I mean the cut at the back is pretty low and you’re showing a bit more skin than you usually do” I asked her thinking of how my friend would react when he sees his girlfriend.

Taeyeon has accompanied me to quite a number of parties already. And usually, she doesn’t show much skin, the only skin she’ll show is her arms. She doesn’t even wear those that would hug her curves tightly.

She nods her head and smiled, “he approves of it. Actually, it was him who chose this for me”

“Really? Wow. Maybe he didn’t see the back that’s why he approved it” I speculated. “Too bad, he’s not your date tonight. But anyways, we don’t have time for you to get changed so I guess we better get going now, baby Taeng” I told her and she nodded her head.

I extended my arm which she grabbed as we walked towards my car where my chauffer was waiting.

“Looking really beautiful tonight, Miss Kim” my chauffer, Mr. Jo complimented as he opened the door for both me and Taeyeon. “You shouldn’t have said that Mr. Jo, it’ll go straight to her head” I joked earning me a slap on my arm.

She glared at me before turning her attention to Mr. Jo. “Thank you Mr. Jo. Well, I wouldn’t want your young master to be seen with an ugly woman as his date right?” Taeyeon replied.

“See, she’s starting to brag about it” I commented again making Mr. Jo chuckle.

We both entered the car and were driven to the location of the party. Taeyeon has always been my date since I started needing one whenever I attend parties. Maybe tonight would be the last night she’ll be my date. After all Taeyeon was only my date because she’s the only female that I am comfortable with who isn’t in a relationship, now that she is in one I shouldn’t bother her anymore. Siwon will be her date after this. If he succeeds that is.

“How was your trip by the way?” I started. Mr. Jo is loyal to me and I trust him so I am not worried that he overhears us. “it went well, I guess” Taeyeon answered with a smile on her face, obviously having happy thoughts recalling his two-day get away with Siwon.

“It shocked me when I found out that the two of you went on a trip, you know” I informed her. I only found out that Siwon was back and that he went on a trip right away with Taeyeon after Kyuhyun sent her to where they were supposed to meet.

“I feel the same. I only found out after Kyuhyun oppa sent me” she answered while fiddling with her dress, something Taeyeon does when she’s troubled.

“Is something troubling you?”

She shook her head and then she beamed a smile. She should’ve known better that I can see right through that smile of hers. And because I know her better than she knows herself, I decided not to dig deeper, she’ll tell me when she’s ready and right now, she’s not.

I nodded my head and smiled at her acknowledging her answer. We both rode the car in silence, listening to the music played over the radio.

When we arrive we saw familiar faces, mostly people from our school others were people I met from previous parties and well some family friends of ours. The only new people in the crowd were the Chinese transfer students and of course, Chanyeol.

This party is the Park’s company anniversary party and at the same time Chanyeol’s welcoming party. In last year’s party Chanyeol ran away, only this year were they in good terms with his father so he’s attending the party. Chanyeol’s change of attitude is all thanks to Taeyeon who became his friend and well, Yoona who is now Chanyeol’s girlfriend.

“Noona!” speaking of the devil, Chanyeol calls out the moment he saw me and Taeyeon walking in. A middle aged man followed Chanyeol. “Thank you for coming, noona” Chanyeol greeted as soon as he was close enough. Taeyeon just smiled at him and said, “it’s my pleasure to be present here tonight Yeol”

Chanyeol smiled widely and then noticed me beside Taeyeon, extending his hand for a shake he said “oh hyung! Thank you for coming tonight”

I shook his hand and answered, “pleasure is mine Chanyeol ssi”

“Chanyeol, is this the Taeyeon that you told me about?” the middle aged man asked earning our attention. “Yes, father. This beautiful woman right here is Kim Taeyeon. She was the one who somehow turned me upside down. Noona, this is my father” Chanyeol answered introducing Taeyeon to his father. No wonder this man looks family, he is the CEO of the Park Group.

“Well, I must thank you then Taeyeon ssi. You don’t know how it means to me to have Chanyeol finally accept me in his life” Mr. Park gently smiled at Taeyeon.

“Oh, no Mr. Park. There’s no need to thank me. It would’ve happened anyway even without me talking to Chanyeol. Your son is a good man after all” Taeyeon politely replied.

“No wonder you’ve never accepted invites to go on blind dates Mr. Lee. You don’t need to go on one if you have a girlfriend as beautiful and wonderful as Ms. Kim” just like Chanyeol, his father then noticed me after talking greeting Taeyeon, though he misunderstood mine and Taeyeon’s relationship.

“You two know each other?” Chanyeol asked and his father nodded. “Of course, we do. Mr. Lee has been representing his father for quite some time now. And he’s doing quite well despite the fact that he is still attending college. I’d like you to follow his footsteps somehow Yeol” was Mr. Park’s answer.

We haven’t done much business together with the Park group and tonight happens to be the first night I’m attending a party hosted by them. During our meetings, Mr. Park would suggest me to meet one of his nieces to go on a date but I would always politely decline. He loves to play matchmaker as he said. And if I’m right he was the one who set Chanyeol and Yoona up.

“You’re too kind, Mr. Park. I’m not that great” I replied. We chatted some more with the father and son but they soon had to leave and entertain others.

Taeyeon and I spotted Kyuhyun and Rose. The Cho’s and the Shin’s have been acquainted with Parks for a long time now so there is no question why they are here. We were about to head to their direction when Taeyeon and I both heard someone call her name out.

“Taeyeon?”

Few meters from us stood one of the Chinese transfer students, the guy name Lu Han. “Wow” he said walking closer to me and Taeyeon. “You look really stunning in that dress” he added.

“Thank you Lu. You look really good too” Taeyeon replied with a smile. Lu Han flashes a smile as he nods in my direction which I reciprocated before he turns to Taeyeon once more.

“I haven’t seen you in awhile. Kris was ing on me when you weren’t around to tutor h-“ Lu Han wasn’t able to finish his sentence when the friend he was talking about tapped his shoulder.

“I wasn’t ing around Lu. So shut your mouth and stop talking nonsense” he glares at Lu Han but the latter doesn’t get fazed.

“See? You’re ing around again” Lu Han points out.

“I am not”

“You are”

“Lu Han” Kris warned. Taeyeon on the other hand giggled and it didn’t go unnoticed. Kris cocked an eyebrow and stared at Taeyeon. His faces says ‘what’s so funny?’

“Why are you laughing Taeng?” Lu Han asks his friend’s unspoken question.

Taeyeon composes herself and answers, “you two look like a bickering married couple. I’m sorry. I just got really amused I couldn’t stop myself from laughing”. She tried to hold her laughter but she miserably fails in doings.

“It’s not funny Taeyeon”

“You two really look cute together, Yifan” Taeyeon manages to say. “I’m not gay Taeyeon”

“Of course Yifan, of course” Taeyeon answers with mischief. “You want me to prove it?” Kris challenged and it silenced Taeyeon. A smirk surfaces on Kris’ face.

“Let’s take our leave soon, you know how much I despise parties. And I think we’re disturbing Mr. Lee and Ms. Kim” he tells Lu Han who just nodded his head. Kris immediately spun on his heel and walked away from us.

“Well, we better be going now Taeyeon, Donghae ssi” Lu Han bids. He places his hand on the side of his lips and muttered,  “my wife is the shy type after all” before completely walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter