Ch. Like A First Date

Angel of Death

Angel of Death Ch. 3

Like A First Date

               When I got back to Myungsoo's apartment he was still sleeping soundlessly. I noticed his limp body wrapping around lumps of sheets. He was sweating and groaning. I took a step forward and placed a hand on his forehead. He was burning up pretty bad.

               "...Sungyeol..." I moan in his sleep, " Help me..."

               "Hmpt...pathetic human, you're just sick, not dead." I chuckled at him removing my hand from his head.

               I searched his cabinets for some medicine, but this boy had nothing but alcohol. Sighing I decided to dig through his bags for money. I guess I have to personally go buy him to medicine.

               It would be too troublesome to be invisible and try to sneak a floating medicine pass the cashier so, I just went to buy it in my solid form. I don't think any humans beside Myungsoo had seen me since I became death. It was nice to be walking around like a normal person for once. I took time to study the streets, and people passing me by rather than passing through me.

               "Anneyeong! How can I help you?!" The clerk called out to me behind the counter of the local convenient store. She took my by surprised until I remembered I wasn't invisible right now.

               "Um...Where can I get medicine for fever?" I asked her.

               She lead me to the pharmaceutical isle of the store. After the purchase I decided to buy to grocery as well since the lump of a human at home only had alcohol in his fridge. Don't get me wrong I'm not the one eating this stuff. I just don't think it's good for sick people to not eat.

               When I entered Myungsoo was still in bed. He was still sleeping like a lump under the blankets. I decided to clean his mess of a house before heading to the kitchen to make some chicken soup and rice for him. After some hours passed I re-entered his bedroom with a tray of food and medicine. I placed it down by the bedside table and nudged Myungsoo. He didn't response so I pulled off his blanket making him cringe at the change of temperature. I really don't think he should've stacked so much blankets on since he had a fever. I felt his head again with my hand and it was still burning up.

               I found out Myungsoo was quite heavy when I tried to pull him up. Sitting myself on the side of his bed I tried a different method.

               "Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Wake up !" I called out as I pushed him up. His body fell on mine making his head fall on my shoulders.

               "....nnnhn..." He moaned, still not waking up.

               "Kim Myungsoo...wake up!...Human! Yah!" I called again this time slapping his face softly.

               "L-oppa! Wake up!?" I said one more time slapping him a little harder this time. I gave up after the third try. I felt kind of bad because he was sick. His face was also burning up. I decided to go into the bathroom to get a cold towel for him. Placing the towel on his head I let him rest on my shoulders as I took food. I found myself feeding him like a child.

               Myungsoo half consciously obeyed as I feed him. After the last bit of food I gave him medicine. I realized I was beginning to feel tired as well. After washing him I decided to sit myself down and rest against the head board.

               "Sungjong-ah...I hope you come with the elixir soon..." I said falling asleep.

               When I opened my eyes I found myself facing Kim Myungsoo. I felt a warm light fall on me as I lay comfortably on the soft bed. The sunshine through the windows illuminating the room. I forgot that I fell asleep on his bed last night. I reach up my hand to feel his head to check for fever. It seems like he is better now. He wasn't burning up anymore. I sighed in relief. Somehow I felt lighter and more at ease to find him feeling better. I found myself cupping his sleeping face and his features.

               Myungsoo opened his eyes abruptly making me yelp in surprise as he stared back at me. Our faces were almost touching.

               "....S..Sungyeol!" Myungsoo blushed as he fumbled in bed and fell backwards off the mattress.

               I didn't want to laugh at him, but I think he knew I was trying to contain myself, and gave me a small glare from the floor.

               "...Well I'm glad you're up." I said. " You had a fever last night."

               "...You...took care of me?" He questioned. I nodded at him getting myself up and out of bed too. Making my way out the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsoo said he would show me around the neighborhood since he is on hiatus at the moment. I know we both probably needed some leisure time so I agreed to let him take me around. Apparently most people who live in this neighborhood are celebrities so he didn't need to be concern with paparazzi here since it was heavily guarded. His company made sure he lived in a private community.

               The first place he took was their private park. Even though there are other celebrities a lot of them still wore their sunglasses, and disguise just in case anyone took pictures. To others I was invisible, but for some reason Myungsoo could see me. I think it was because I shared my energy with him. I noticed a few people looked at him strangely because he was talking to me, which probably made it seem like he was talking to himself, but he didn't seem to notice. I found out that he was quite 4D so a lot of times people doesn't concern him, unless they were being really obvious.

               He grabbed my hand to a vendor and got us some ice cream to share as we walk side by side. Being around Myungsoo seem to make me forget all the problems that was going on right now. I found myself really warming up to him.

               "You know, I thought it would be the end of the world to go on hiatus, but this isn't so bad...spending time with you." He said.

               "The end of the world won't come for another gazillion years..." I found myself saying to him, causing him to stare at me strangely. I had forgotten to not take things to literally, being an angel of death sometimes I forget humans use exaggerated expressions.

               "...hehehe...you're really funny." Myungsoo laughed.

               "Oh...I try." I said.

               "Anyways...it's nice, to be able to go out normally like this, it's almost like a date don't you think?" Myungsoo joked.

               "Date?" I questioned feeling my face going warm. "...I guess so..."

               "If this is a date, it's actually the best one I've ever been on." Myungsoo said making me feel a little flustered in my own cold hearted way. He wouldn't be able to tell anyways.

               We didn't really talk much the whole way, but as we walked our distance seem to lessen, and my heart seem to beat faster. I felt his hand subtly grabbing onto mine. I couldn't help but wonder what it meant? I didn't want to think too much of it, and just enjoyed the moment while it lasts.

               When we got home Myungsoo finally took notice of how clean his apartment was, and how full his fridge was.

               "You did all this?" He looked at me in question.

               I stared at him blankly.

               "Who else?" I said.

               "Ah...now I feel really indebted to you." He said half jokingly and serious.

               "Well...I'll be staying here for a while, so you don't have to feel bad." I said, " I didn't want to live in such a mess."

               "Sorry..." He said apologetically.

               "You don't have to feel bad all the time." I said to him, " For an idol you sure have low self-esteem."

               "Hmmpt." He grunted trying to hide his shyness.

               "Hey, are you hungry? Let's eat something." I said changing the subject.

               "But...I don't know how to cook, and ordering out is..." Myungsoo said hesitantly.

               "Don't worry I'll cook." I volunteered. Although I wasn't going to eat anything he looked sad and hungry like a puppy so I guess I'll be nice to him. He smiled at me innocently causing my heart to flutter a bit.

               " I can't promise that it'll be good though." I warned.

               "It's okay! Your soup tasted good, I'm sure other stuff tastes good too." He said.

               I felt a vain pop up on the side of my head at what he said.

               "So you were awake then..." I thought to myself.

               We ate dinner quietly. I didn't want him to get sick again so I made him take more medicine before going to bed. I made sure he was fully asleep before heading out again. I need to meet up with Sungjong.