Attempt ?: The Tango Taemin

Of Fried Chicken and Nonexistent Dance Battles

The first thought that ran through Jongin's mind was that he was wearing a dress and heeled shoes. The second, which followed immediately, was Damn, my legs look fine.

There was a bang as the door was hurled open, and Taemin strode in. He was dressed impeccably in a black shirt tucked into black pants, and shiny pointed-toe leather shoes. The buttons of his ruffled shirt were half-undone, revealing a creamy bare chest that contrasted with the red rose held between his teeth.

Taemin brushed by Jongin to press 'play' on the stereo, and suddenly the entire room was enveloped by the sensuous blend of cabarets, violins and silky crooning of a deep male voice. Just as Jongin was about to ask what was going on, Taemin stepped up in front of him, one hand extended, the other tucking the rose behind Jongin's ear.

"You. Me. Let's dance."

It wasn't exactly the dance battle he had had in mind, but Jongin never backed down from a challenge. Soon, he was swept up in Taemin's strong arms, holding him so close Jongin could almost feel Taemin's heart beating in time with the music. As the music grew progressively louder, their steps became more complicated until at last, Taemin knocked Kai over onto the table, leaning in dangerously close. "Do you know what this is called?" he asked in a husky whisper that Jongin's neck and sent shivers running down his spine.

"Tell me,"  Jongin said.

"Let me teach you the Horizontal Tango."

Jongin had never heard of this dance. "Alright," he breathed out, waiting for-

"-in, Jongin, JONGIN."

He sat up, forehead colliding with something hard. When the black dots faded from his vision, Jongin saw Kyungsoo on the ground.

"What happened?" he asked, his heart still racing from the scene moments before. How did he end up in their dorm room all of a sudden?

"It's time to get up, Jonginnie. We have an interview."

But...it had all seemed so real. Jongin absently brushed his teeth, recalling the all-too vivid images in his mind. He could still smell the pleasant aroma of the cologne Taemin had been wearing, his soft hair tickling Jongin's face...That couldn't have been made up, could it?

Of course!

 Jongin face-palmed himself as the toothbrush fell from his mouth. Of course it was a dream- he should have realized it a long time ago. There was absolutely, positively no way Taemin would have been the lead. None at all, because obviously Jongin is the real man, not to mention a better dancer. Satisfied, Jongin returned to his routine grooming, making sure to check out his legs in the mirror.

Well, that much had been real. His legs were fine indeed.

 


Side note: Internet cookies to anyone who gets the Title reference XD