Final

Stalker

                                                                                                                        

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                       a/n 1: This was one of the first fic I wrote years ago, so it was a total catastrophe. I tried to fix it and turned it into LayHan fic, so hopefully, it’s not that bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Why are we here again?”

 

Baekhyun was really lucky to have Luhan as his friend actually. Luhan was nice, smart, and also famous student at the art department, not that he befriended him just because of the fact that he was all that, since they were already friends since high school, but, really, who doesn’t want to be Luhan’s friend? But there are times when he felt like kicking his best friend’s or punch him square on the face because Luhan was really stubborn and every time he wanted something he just has to get it.

 

And that day, Luhan dragged Baekhyun all the way from their last class to the library. Well, it was really not that weird to go to the library, but, why should they go to engineering books section instead of the art books section? Not to mention, they were like playing hide and seek, because Luhan kept peeking in between the books. Maybe playing hide and seek in the library is the new trend? OH WELL! But he at least needed to know who was hiding, right?

 

“LUHAN!!!” Baekhyun was getting impatient, patient is not his middle name by the way.

 

“SHHHH!! We are in the library! Shut up!” Luhan said as he forced a finger on to Baekhyun’s mouth, which he pulled right away because Baekhyun was about to bite it.

 

“I will! If you tell me why are we here? And why you dragged me here? For heaven sake, you can dragged Minseok instead of me if you only going to weirdly peeking between books in the library, because he’s the only person in this whole universe who will never complain no matter how silly your request is because he’s just like that, bless his heart! But if you have no plan to explain to me about what are you going to do, I would rather go home and sleep because thanks to Mr.Lee I have to stay awake the whole night finishing my design just because he felt like changing the due date!”

 

No one, NO ONE can stop Baekhyun once he opened his mouth. But at least he was trying to be less loud as possible for the fact that they were in the library.

 

Luhan bit his lips, he decided to drag his best friend for the second time that day to the nearest table, which happened to be empty and forcefully sit him down there.

 

“Minseok has something to do, he said he was going to meet Junmyeon.....”

 

But even before Luhan finished his sentence, Baekhyun cut his words, “Junmyeon who?”

 

“Kim Junmyeon, a junior..”

 

“Are they dating?”

 

“No, I mean, I don’t know, but he said they have a musical project, and DON’T even try to spread gossip about them!”

 

Luhan knew Baekhyun too well, so Baekhyun put a pout before back to their original topic, “And why are we here?”

 

To this question, Baekhyun could see his best friend blushing, and NO, Luhan never blushing for ANY reason. Be it a girl, a boy, a puppy, anything! So, seeing this for the first time, he put that what-the-hell-is-going-on face.

 

Luhan hesitated for a while, “Can you see that boy there?” Luhan pointed his finger towards a boy who was standing near a book shelf, about 3 shelves away from where they sit.

 

“Who’s that?” Baekhyun examined the said boy from head to toe, wondering why his best friend put an interest to that boy. He could see a boy with dark hair, wearing a pair of black jeans and loose grey long sleeved t-shirt, a small earring, necklace up to his chest and bracelets and a ring on his hand, stylish enough, but too simple for his standard, but he could tell he was kinda handsome.

 

“That’s what I want to know...” Luhan said, which is, Baekhyun could only give him an are-you-sure-you-are-okay look.

 

“So, you are stalking that boy?”

 

“No!”

 

“So?”

 

“I just want to know him.”

 

“By following him around? Tell me what’s the difference between that and stalking!”

 

“I’m not stalking him!” Luhan made his eyes twice bigger than usual to make a statement.

 

“Whatever!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Can you help me?” Luhan asked Baekhyun with that puppy look on his face and batting his lashes as cute as possible. That’s it! He knew it! Even if Minseok is available, Luhan would still drag him no matter what, because he needed information, and where else he could find info other than from him? He was famous for being a gossip source.

 

“Help you with what? And why should I help you?” Baekhyun squinted his eyes questioningly.

 

“Can you find any information about him? I mean, anything! Phone number, address, or whatever!”

 

“Why are you so interested in him?”

 

“I don’t know.... I just do... you know, last week, I spent the whole week here to finish my design, and I always saw him here, I know he’s a student at this university too, and he volunteered here too. I just... I just interested in him, I don’t even know why.“ Luhan looked like a schoolgirl in love while telling Baekhyun about that.

 

But, however, he’s Baekhyun’s best friend, so, “Do you know his name? Or in which department he is?” after Baekhyun said that, he could see his best friend’s face turning bright like those on facial products commercial.

 

“His name is Yixing, I saw his nametag the other day, and I believe he’s from engineering department, because I saw him studying engineering before.”

 

“You really do stalk him, don’t you?” Baekhyun asked his best friend again, in which, Luhan can only scream,

 

“I’M NOT!!!” Earning a loud “SSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” from basically everyone in that library.

 

==========

 

“Lend me your homework, and I’ll give you information about your prince from the library!” Baekhyun was in the cafeteria, sitting across no other than Luhan and Minseok.

 

“You should do your own homework!” Luhan retorted.

 

“Then I guess you aren’t that interested in that boy.....” Baekhyun made a face at Luhan.

 

“Fine! Fine!” Luhan gave up and rummaging through his bag to find his book and give it to the grinning boy in front of him.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Minseok asked them with a confused looks.

 

“Oh! He hasn’t told you?” Baaekhyun asked Minseok with a high tone.

 

“About what?” Minseok raised his eyebrows.

 

“He’s in the middle of a mission to stalk a boy he saw at the library!” Baekhyun said excitedly.

 

“Excuse you! But I’m not stalking! Don’t trust him Minseok!” Luhan waved his hand in front of Minseok’s face.

 

“Yeah... yeah... whatever..” Baekhyun said, but still mouthing a ‘he-IS-stalking’ to Minseok, while Minseok just laughed at his friends.

 

“So, what info you’ve got for me?” Luhan asked impatiently.

 

“Well, you were right, he’s an engineering student, he came from a normal family, he has no sibling, he’s doing fine in class, not the smartest but still in top 10, and, you’ll love this, he’s available!”

 

Words couldn’t describe how bright Luhan’s face after he heard that. While Minseok just shook his head beside him and keep poking on his macaroni cheese.

 

“What do you like about him by the way?” Baekhyun just can’t not ruin a moment of happiness.

 

“Why?” Luhan who was just come back to earth asked him back.

 

“Well, He’s just sooooooo ordinary, I mean, see, you are Luhan, you are famous in this department thanks to your brain and look, yeah, you have this dumb look when you laugh, but nobody’s perfect right? Like, why don’t you just hitting on, who is that boy again? Yifan? From business department, he’s filthy rich, he’s tall, and handsome too. Or Jongin? That kid who got sport scholarship, did you see his ? Or Sehun, junior on dance major, his dance is sick, and he’s really famous too!” If a glare could kill, Baekhyun might be dead by then from Luhan’s stabbing glare.

 

“How can I choose who to like?”

 

Yeah, Luhan was right, and there’s no use to argue with Luhan too, so Baekhyun changed his topic, “Minseok, how was your date?” he decided that Minseok was going to be his next victim.

 

“What date...........?” even before Minseok finished his sentence, he turned to Luhan with wide eyes, and that’s the first time Minseok opening his eyes in 3 years they knew each other, giving Luhan a did-you-tell-him look, which Luhan replying him by giving him an I’m-sorry-don’t-kill-me-look.

 

==========

 

“Have you ever tried to talk to him?” They were in Minseok’s room, spending a lazy Saturday afternoon after a week full of projects.

 

Baekhyun was sitting on Minseok’s couch, cross legged and eating cookies, while Minseok lay on his stomach on the bed, reading a book, and Luhan browsing for some design ideas on his I-pad, using Minseok’s back as his pillow.

 

Without asking who, Luhan knew what Baekhyun mean.

 

“No, I haven’t...”

 

“WHAT???!!!” Baekhyun was honestly surprised with his friend’s answer.

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to! I don’t know how! I don’t want him to find me creepy or something!” Luhan got up from his comfortable position and sitting cross legged on the bed facing his friend who was still busy with the cookies.

 

“So, are you just going to be his stalker?” Baekhyun asked his lovesick friend with a disbelief look.

 

“Help me then!” Luhan pleaded.

 

“Use your precious brain!”

 

“I can’t think of anything!”

 

Yeah, Baekhyun remembers that someone in love usually can’t think straight.

 

“He’s working at the library!” Baekhyun snapped his finger.

 

“So?” Luhan asked not really understood Baekhyun’s unspoken idea.

 

“You can ask for a help from him, like, finding a book or something.” That was Minseok who talked.

 

“See! Even Minseok can use his brain better than you..... Wait! How did you come with that idea Minseok? Have you ever had a crush on a librarian before?” Baekhyun accused.

 

Minseok who finally turned his head towards Baekhyun looked a little bit annoyed for the fact that Baekhyun ate almost all of his cookies can only say, “No, isn’t that a basic idea though?” And back to his book.

 

“Right! See! You can’t even think about a basic idea Luhan!”

 

Luhan sighed before burying his face on Minseok’s back and muttering “I’ll try...”

 

==========

 

“When will you start to move your ?” Baekhyun asked, impatiently tapped his pretty finger on the library’s table.

 

It had been 30 minutes since they were sitting in the library, but there was no sign from Luhan to make a move anytime soon.

 

“I don’t think I can do this...” Luhan cried.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before responding to the fidgeting boy in front of him, “Listen, if in 1 minute you’re not moving yet, I’ll do it for you, and trust me, you are not going to like it!” He threatened.

 

Luhan bit his lips for the last time before getting up from his seat.

 

Baekhyun followed every move of Luhan with his eyes. He was getting impatient, because Luhan kept hesitating every time he was about to reach the librarian desk, why can’t he just go to the said desk, ask the boy behind it his phone number, and everyone can go home peacefully?

 

Baekhyun straightened his back when he finally saw Luhan in front of the librarian desk, but soon, he let out a soundless laugh while clutching his stomach, and he know that he’ll be a dead meat once they stepped out from this library.

 

==========

 

“So, he didn’t even looking at your face when you asked him where the art books section is?” Minseok gave Luhan a sympathize look when asking that during lunch break.

 

“Yes Minseok! He was just pointing his finger to the art book corner, he ignored me!” Luhan buried his face to his hand dramatically.

 

“That was so funny! You have to see his face when that boy ignored him!” Baekhyun gigled.

 

“You aren’t supposed to laugh at your friend Baekhyun....” Minseok reprimanded him. But Baekhyun knew better that Minseok too, trying hard to hide his smile.

 

“But it’s his own fault! It wouldn’t be this complicated if he just go to that boy and ask him his number or something.” Baekhyun said while playing with the straw of his drink.

 

Luhan finally lifted his head and say, “It’s not as easy as you think you know! We don’t even know each other, how can I just go to him and ask him his number? He would think I’m a weird person!”

 

“Well, nothing to lose because you indeed a weird person,” And right after Baekhyun said that he could see Luhan was about to throw his sandwich at him before Minseok stopped him from doing so.

 

Luhan turned his face to Minseok with pleading eyes, “What should I do?”

 

Seeing that in front of him, Baekhyun felt kinda jealous, because somehow, Luhan is too attached to Minseok. Though it was understandable, because Luhan has this childish side while Minseok is the total opposite, and opposite do attract. He knew the two are his best friends, but he too, realize that they each have their own rule in their friendship according to their personality.

 

Minseok looked at Baekhyun expecting an advice, but Baekhyun too couldn’t think of any idea. But before he could think about a good idea, Minseok already spoke up, “Why don’t you try to volunteer at the library too?”

 

“Right! You can volunteer at the library too! And you two can be friends, and dating, and it would be a happy ending for everyone!” Baekhyun made a quick plan.

 

Luhan hesitated at first, but like what people said, love conquers anything so finally, “OK!! I’ll volunteer at the library!”

 

==========

 

Another lazy Saturday afternoon at Minseok’s place. Baekhyun and Minseok sat on the couch watching Luhan buried his face on Minseok’s pillow on the bed.

 

Minseok picked up a crumpled paper from the floor and straighten it, reading it once more before finally saying something, “So you got a totally different schedule from his schedule?”

 

“Yes Minseok! And I have like zero chance to meet him there! So no! I’m not going to volunteer at that stupid library.” Luhan lifted his face from Minseok’s pillow and sitting cross legged on the bed.

 

Minseok nodded before asked, “By the way..... Who’s this boy? I don’t think you guys ever told me his name.”

 

“Really? His name is Yixing, like I said before, he’s an engineering student, and Luhan saw him at the library few weeks ago, and fall in love with him!” Baekhyun explained with his mouth full of cookies from Minseok’s cookie jar.

 

Minseok surprised at Baekhyun’s explanation and asked him further, “Yixing? Zhang Yixing?”

 

“You know him?” Luhan asked Minseok back with shocked expression.

 

“It’s not that I know him, but I know that he’s Junmyeon’s friend from high school and he’s also in the same basketball team as Junmyeon.”

 

“WHAT?? Why don’t you tell me about this Baekhyun?” Luhan looked at Baekhyun with an accusing look.

 

“I seriously don’t know about this!” Baekhyun lifted his hand in a surrender pose.

 

“Ok then! We’ll join the basketball team!” Luhan said determined.

 

“WE? We who?” Baekhyun asked, silently wishing that it was not him.

 

“You and me of course!”

 

“Why me? Why not Minseok?”

 

“Because I said so!”

 

Baekhyun was dead for sure.

 

==========

 

“MINSEOK!!”

 

It was the first day for Baekhyun and Luhan in basketball club, and instead of going home, Luhan dragged Baekhyun to Minseok’s place after practice, and Luhan didn’t even bother to knock first before slamming the door open, surprising the poor boy on the couch, making him shout, “WHAT?”

 

“I can’t do this anymore!” Luhan said before falling on Minseok’s bed, face first.

 

“Do you think I can?” Baekhyun finally entering Minseok’s room door and fell on the floor.

 

“What happened to you two?” Minseok’s asked with a worried tone watching his two friends.

 

“It was a military camp Minseok.... a military camp.... and guess what, that stupid boy wasn’t even there...” the next thing Baekhyun knew was someone throwing a pillow on his face.

 

“Don’t call him stupid!” Baekhyun knew Luhan would be mad, but he didn’t care.

 

“Luhan, listen, you’re my best friend, I love you and all, but it’s getting ridiculous you know! Sport is not my thing! Even you who do better than me are dying from all of this, I’ll be dead for sure on the next practice.” Baekhyun sat on the floor.

 

“But this is the only way possible for me to get to know him... At least stay until I have a chance to talk to him...” Luhan said with pleading eyes.

 

“Fine! Two more! Two more practices! If by then I don’t see any progress, that’s it! I’ll quit! Now I’ll go home!” Baekhyun got up from his position and picked up his bag from the floor.

 

 “I’ll sleep here tonight!” Luhan said tiredly.

 

“Whatever!” Baekhyun said, leaving Minseok’s room, but he could still hear Luhan’s loud “THANK YOU!”

 

And Minseok could only shake his head, as usual.

 

==========

 

On their next practice, Minseok was there too, no, not because he wanted to meet Junmyeon, even though everyone could see his smile when Junmyeon waved at him, but the main reason was to give a support for Baekhyun and Luhan.

 

Luhan was not a weak person, instead, he was actually really fast, it was just he’s clumsy beyond words, and coordination between his brain and hands is a little bit off. But that was actually a good thing for Baekhyun and him, because that day, not only Yixing was there, but also, Luhan successfully fell in front of that boy after tripped on air or maybe an invincible rope and injured his ankle.

 

And the next thing, Baekhyun and Minseok pressed their ears on locker room’s door, overhearing the two people inside. “Awwww! That’s hurt!” They could hear Luhan’s voice.

 

“I’m sorry.. If I don’t do this, it’ll hurt more tomorrow..” And another voice was heard.

 

“It’s not your fault..” Luhan cried softly.

 

“Why are you here by the way? I mean... I don’t think basketball is a good thing for you...” The other person asked.

 

Silence...

 

“You...” After what feels like forever, they could finally hear Luhan’s voice again.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You... I mean... I want to get to know you... and this is the last effort I can do, you keep ignoring me at the library, I tried to apply to work at the library, but I got a different schedule from you... so this is the last thing I can do..” Luhan said shyly.

 

Another silence before someone talked again.

 

“Oh, well.... You know... If you want to get to know me... You can always ask... it’s- it’s not like I never noticed you at the library.”

 

Baekhyun and Minseok could almost ‘hear’ Luhan’s smile upon hearing that, and couldn’t help but smiling too, happy for their friend.

 

“I’m Luhan by the way!”

 

“I know... I’m Yixing!”

 

“I know...”

 

FINALLY! This would be the end of his suffering, Baekhyun thought, no more stalking, no more basketball practices. He could sleep peacefully tonight.

 

==========

 

When he was about to leave the locker room with Minseok, he could hear something again from inside.

 

“I can drive you home if you want to, I mean, your ankle still hurt right? That, if you have no one to take you home.” Yixing offered

 

“That would be nice! And no, I came alone today!” Luhan said cheerfully.

 

“Oh well! Seems like you have to go home alone, I have a date with Junmyeon.” Minseok giggled before leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

TRAITORS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n 2: As usual, comments are loved :)