A warm dinner

Broken Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan dashed into the kitchen with a bright grin, his eyes alit with a flame that Jiyong thought to have died: two steaming plates of something exotic sat on top of the table, their scent filling the entire room. 

"Wow..." the younger sibling whispered in awe as he expertly climbed on top of his chair and looked into his plate - it was a bit smaller than his brother's and had some cartoon figures printed on the edges."Look Jiyongie, it says...umm... Mick-ey. Mouse!"

"Good." Jiyong chuckled softly."So your plate knows your favorite mouse, huh?" he said as he sat down as well, eyes fixed on his own, remarkably larger plate. Some paper seemed to be stuck under it, just as bright in color as the post-it notes before. This time, it was a pleasant purple. On it, glaringly white letters were lined neatly along with a tiny, messily-drawn heart.

Eat up, you have had a rough day. Thought that maybe you'd feel like having something special for dinner.

S.

Jiyong smiled gently, unconsciously reaching out to caress the letters. He let out a soft sigh, realizing that until then, not one little note had a clue about who their helper(s) could have been. But now, a small, curvy S was at the bottom of it.

"I wonder who this 'S' is." he thought before shrugging a little and starting to eat slowly. He almost moaned at the sudden spicy taste that filled his mouth. He had no idea what he was eating, but he knew that he loved it. The pasta was perfect and so were the various tiny pieces of vegetables that adorned it. Under all of that, neatly sliced meat was waiting to be consumed.

Jiyong felt like he was in heaven.

The similar could be told of little Luhan who was battling his own dish with a wide grin and quite some sauce on his face. He had eaten half of his food and was now just picking at it, playing with a couple of peas he had found.

"Luhan, eat up." Jiyong said, rolling his eyes a little."We finally have some food so you should be thankful to whoever had given it to you and eat it."

"Shouldn't I leave him a little? So he can eat it?" Luhan's innocence was as pure as the smile that stretched across his lips."I'm sure he'd love it..." he added with a joyous clap of his tiny hands.

"I'm sure he would, but would you eat out of someone else's plate?" One of the older boy's elegantly arched eyebro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter