Introduction

Broken Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong sank his blunt teeth into his pale lower lip as he bowed down to the teacher, explaining why he was late. He knew that it had happened more than enough times but was it really his fault that he tended to oversleep even with his alarm blaring into his eardrums? He was so tired that not even the loudest of noises would be able to wake him up, not even the most blinding rays of the sun would coax him out of his heavenly fort of pillows and blanket. Under one of them another body lay every single night, just as exhausted as his. His little brother never woke up on time either, but his reasons for that differed from the elder's quite a bit

Luhan, the tiny boy who used to be as bright as the sun and as childish as every kid his age deserved to be, had been tormented by the darkest of nightmares ever since their parents had left. At first, they started out as tiny flashes throughout the night. One or two every time the boy laid his head down in hope of a blissful sleep claiming him. They weren't quite violent, causing Luhan to wake up and look around before slipping back into the sweet sea of dreams in which an island with everything he desired floated, just in his reach. 

But slowly, the terrors of the darkness grew worse. Jiyong noticed the fact simply by how more and more, he would have a chubby little angel tug at the sleeve of his nightshirt before he would wake up to hug his tiny brother close. At those times, Luhan would always snuggle up to the elder and talk with him until he would feel safe enough to waddle back to his own room.

Those times passed very quickly though as days and nights blended into one blurry mass of work and studying for Jiyong, and studying and terror for his little brother. Luhan had gained a permanent place on the elder's bed on the night he ran to the other with tears streaming down his cheeks, pure fear apparent in his once glee-filled eyes.

"Mom left, mom left!" He had yelled at the top of his lungs, which was quite loud, especially at such an hours, tiny arms wrapping around Jiyong's neck tightly. He was sobbing very soon, tiny gasps for air slipping out his parted lips."Mom left and daddy went with her. They will never come back!" his voice was hysteric by that time, as he clung to his loving brother in a quite painful manner.

"Hush, they will come home..." Jiyong whispered softly as he rubbed the younger's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter