Them

Broken Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sneaking into the house was easy. All that was needed was a small push on the broken window, and with the cold, cold wind two figures slipped into the room by ease. The scent of pure sorrow was the first thing they noticed: it was there, spinning and stumbling freely in the cool whiffs of air that had broken into the tiny, secluded premise. 

And then, the shuddering breath of two people caught their interest. Both were sprawled across a large but worn bed, holding onto each other with bitter tear-stains marring their otherwise youthful spaces.

"So young..." The elder of the two newcomers said quietly, careful not to wake to slumbering brothers up."So small, so weak..."

"Yet their hearts are strong, like flowers that never wilt..." the younger finished with a sad smile."Snapping the threads of their lives would be so easy, they are barely holding on already." he stated after that."Such a pity that some humans are like animals: leaving their young when they feel threatened. Such fools."

"Such despicable beings." The older said."Just look at these two, not knowing what the next day would bring. They aren't but children, yet they have to grow up so early."

"But we are here to help, no? Why would have been we sent so early? Their lights are flickering, and we can't let that."

"And yet, we have to. If not for a long time, just for a few weeks, maybe months. The older is still fighting, whilst his brother is merely playing along with him. If we were to disturb them now, before the due time, only chaos would ensue."

"Chaos or not, they are barely breathing, shivering and clinging to each other, like they should to their mother!" Anger filled the room with the harsh words of the younger, slowly reaching the younger brother's ears.

Luhan stirred, doe-eyes fluttering open lazily. A drowsy smile tugged at the edges of his pale blue lips, opening his mouth already as he pointed at one of the visitors.

"Not yet, little one." The younger who had just snapped at the other whispered with surprising care. He was by the child's side in moments, as if he had flown there. He pressed a slender fingers on those cold lips, wishing that they would heat up just a little."Our time hasn't come, not yet."

"No?" The little boy sat there, shocked, with quivering lips and a trembling voice."Why not?"

"Because..." and he didn't know how to explain it. He knew very well that in some time, they would be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter