new beginnings.

Falling For You Again
 
 
 
 
chapter 2 - new beginnings.
 
Present Day 
 
"Good Morning Jongin!" Hyuna greeted as she entered the shop, making sure to bow her head slightly to be polite, since he was still the manager. 
 
"Hey, how many times have I told you to call me oppa?" Kai ruffled her hair with a childish grin. 
 
"Okay oppa. Stop touching my hair!" She laughed and slid off her jacket, then placing it on the coat rack. 
 
"But it's so soft.. And smells nice too." He winked playfully and laughed, walking over to his station. 
 
Hyuna stuck her tongue out while crossing her arms, thinking he didn't see when his back faced her. 
 
"Do that again, or I might have to kiss you Miss Kim~"
 
"P-Pardon?" Hyuna stuttered and scurried to her position at the cashier. 
 
Kai smirked and walked up to her, his arms at either side, trapping her in the middle. He leaned in close, his lips lightly brushing over her earlobe. "I said, I'll have to kiss you.." His warm breath tingled at her skin as Hyuna blushed deep red. 
 
"Y-Yahh.." She lightly pushed him back, even if she wished for a moment like that again. 
 
Hyuna and Jongin have been co-workers for over a year now, with an obvious in the atmosphere. Yes, they're both attracted to each other, but have no clue when to take the next step. Hyuna was still happy being single and Kai could tell. 
 
"You know you love me." "Whatever." Hyuna mehronged again. 
 
"You sure you wanna do that?" Kai smirked and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. He leaned in, with his gaze on her plump, pink lips. 
 
Hyuna squealed and shut her eyes tightly closed, expecting a kiss to the lips, but feeling a peck to her cheek instead.
 
"H-Huhh?" Her eyes fluttered open, looking at him confused. 
 
Kai chuckled softly at her cuteness and tucked loose strands of hair behind her ear.
 
"Our first kiss should be special, don't you agree? I'm saving those lovely lips for another time." He smiled genuinely with a wink, making Hyuna melt on the inside.
 
"O-Of course our first kiss should be special- I mean if we even have a first kiss-"
 
"Hyuna." 
 
"N-Nehh?" She looked up at him shyly with light pink tainting her cheeks. 
 
Jongin parted his lips, about to say something, but ended up blanking out and forgetting. "I- uhh.." He stuttered while slightly blushing, captivated by the petite girl's beauty. 
 
He rubbed the back of his neck shyly and looked at the time. "Oh right! I need to go pick up a friend from the airport, so you take care of this place okay?"
 
"Hmm and what if I don't?" She playfully said and leaned against the counter. 
 
"Then I'll punish you.." Kai smirked and dragged his hand down the curve of her back to her , squeezing it gently. 
 
"Yahh you ert!" Hyuna screamed and slapped his hand away. She huffed and pinched his cheeks hard, making sure to stretch them out like how he hates it. 
 
"Ow ow ow, okay I'm sorry Hyuna!" Kai shouted and groaned in pain as she finally let go. He massaged his cheek and pouted.  "That hurt!" 
 
"I know. You deserve it!" She retaliated and nodded matter-of-factly. "Now go and pick up that friend of yours, I promise I won't burn this place down." Hyuna laughed and greeted her other co-workers as they filed in. 
 
"Thanks, I knew I could trust you babe." 
 
"Eww don't call me that." 
 
"Babe babe babe babe babe!"  Jongin stuck his tongue out and grinned as he wore his coat from the rack. 
 
"You're so immature." 
 
"Will you miss me?" 
 
"Ohh please-" 
 
"Awh love you too, see you later jagiyaa~" Jongin kissed her cheek and happily walked out of the shop, leaving everyone else staring at Hyuna from what just happened, with wide eyes. 
 
"Awwww~" "Are they dating?" "They're so cute together!" "My new favorite ship!" Her friends teased Hyuna while giggling. 
 
"U-Uhhh... G-Get back to work! A-And stuff.." Hyuna's words faltered and looked down in embarrassment.
 
The other workers just laughed as they saw Hyuna blush beet red. 
 
 

 

At the Airport
 
"Hyung!" Jongin shouted and waved his hand furiously. 
 
Kris sighed and made his way to the younger quickly. "Yahh yahh you're grabbing so much attention from others." He nudged him and glanced around at the public. 
 
"S-Sorry.." Jongin chuckled and ruffled his hair lightly. "I just miss ya hyung!" He hugged the older tightly in his arms and swayed side to side. 
 
Kris rolled his eyes playfully and patted his back. "Miss ya too buddy - but you're still as immature as ever." He laughed as Kai broke the embrace with a pout. "Yahh!"
 
"Come on let's go kiddo~" "Hey don't call me that!" "Whatever!" Kai faked a frown and walked ahead. 
 
Kris followed Jongin to the car, dragging the bags along with him as he received the silent treatment. Kai simply sat on the driver's seat and waited patiently and quietly. 
 
When Kris finally stuffed all his luggage into the trunk, he got into the passenger's seat and exhaled deeply. 
 
"Hey I didn't mean to sound rude or anything." 
 
Kai glanced at the blond for a mere second before turning back to the front and starting the engine. He continued ignoring him for half of the ride. 
 
The silence created an awkward atmosphere for Kris as Kai didn't even say a word. Kris fidgeted with his fingers in boredom and just couldn't take it anymore. 
 
"I'm sorry okay?" Kris blurted out and groaned in defeat. 
 
"It's fine, I wasn't mad." "Oh I know." "Hey, sorry. It's your first day back, I shouldn't be like this."
 
Kris smiled slightly and looked out the window. "So what's changed since I've been gone?" 
 
"Hmm not much. Life's just been progressing pretty well. I think my future's getting more clear." 
 
"Oh not you idiot. I mean Seoul!" Kris sighed and shook his head in disbelief. 
 
"How am I suppose to know? Seems the same to me." Kai shrugged and continued driving. His phone suddenly rung and Kris quickly snatched it. 
 
"Hyung!" "Wonder who this is.." "Who's calling?" "Hold on.."
 
Kris scanned the text shown and blinked before suddenly bursting out into laughter. "My future jagiya?" He read the caller ID. "Yahh give that to me!" "But you're driving!" Kris said innocently as the ringing carried on. "Pick it up on speaker!!" 
 
"Fine fine fine!..lover boy." Kris snickered at the last part and held the phone gently in his palm after clicking 'answer'. 
 
"Oppa!" Hyuna shouted across the line, which made Kris furrow his eyebrows. Sounds familiar...
 
"Yeahh? What's wrong?" 
 
"I miss you." 
 
Jongin laughed and made a left turn. "See? What did I tell you? I knew you'd miss me." 
 
"Yah yah okay. When are you coming back?"
 
"Well I was gunna be off for the rest of the day.."
 
"Oppa!!" Hyuna whined and Kai could just imagine she was pouting right now. 
 
Kris felt a pang in his heart right when he recognized that whiny voice anywhere. 
 
But it couldn't be her. No possible way.. How coincidental was it that his best friend had a crush on his ex? Maybe he was going crazy.
 
Yeahh. That must be it..
 
"Alright alright. I'll pay a visit right as soon as possible!"
 
"Okay, thanks oppa. Bye!" "Bye babe!" "Yahh." 
 
Kai mouthed the words 'hang up' right after her response, wanting to -annoy- a little bit more. 
 
Kris ended the call and let out a soft laugh. "S-Seems like a really great girl you got there." He stuttered, still trying to deny his theories in his head. 
 
Even if it was her, why would he care anyways? 
 
"Yeah, I never really had the guts to say this in front of her face but.. she's amazing." Kai unconsciously smiled and exhaled deeply. 
 
"Cool." Kris simply said while looking out the window, reminiscing the memories he and Hyuna shared. 
 
Should he pay her a visit? Just to see whats going on in her life? Is she in a relationship? Did she receive her dream job yet? Is she happy without him?-
 
"Hyung, heres your stop!" Kai abruptly stepped on the brake with a grin. "Feel free to come anytime to my place alright?"
 
Kris blinked and nodded, after snapping back into reality. "Of course. Thanks for picking me up kiddo."
 
"No prob. That's what friends are for right?" Jongin patted his shoulder and smiled. "Now go on. Enjoy your life back at Seoul alright? I gotta go see my babe right about now or she'll get mad." He chuckled and pushed the giant's body slightly. 
 
Kris snorted and exited the car. "Just ask her out already." He said before thinking it through.
 
Wait. What if it was Hyuna..
 
"Actually-" "Yeah you're right hyung. I think I will. Soon." He grinned and waved goodbye. 
 
The blond sighed and slammed the door closed, then making his way to the trunk. He took out his luggage and made his way to the front entrance before waving back as he saw Jongin drive off. 
 
"That kid." He smiled and headed to his apartment room. 
 
 

 
Kai parked into the driveway and took a step out the car. He swung his keys around in boredom, throwing them in the air and catching them as they dropped down. Making his way to the front door, he quickly fixed his hair and clothes to look presentable in Hyuna's presence. 
 
But right after he entered the shop, he froze from the scene before him. 
 
Hyuna..?
 
 

 
At the Cafe
 
The sound of the bell echoed throughout the room, indicating a customer's arrival. Hyuna looked up from her book and her eyes widened. 
 
"M-Myungsoo?" The corner of her lips tugged into a wide smile as she ran up him and gave a huge hug. 
 
"Hey what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in so long!"
 
"Wae? You don't want to see me?" He teased and ruffled her hair lightly. "Anii how can you think like that? I missed you so much! I just thought you would come back later than this."
 
Myungsoo shrugged slightly and gave a eyesmile. "I wanted to see you sooner, Hyun." He took her hands in his and softly pecked the smooth skin. "I couldn't stop thinking of you."
 
"Y-Yahh oppa ah.." She blushed light pink and shyly looked around if anyone was watching their reunion. "You shouldn't say that. Don't you have a girlfriend by now?" 
 
Myungsoo shook his head innocently. "I only want you." He leaned in and whispered softly. "You're as beautiful as ever, by the way." He winked and chuckled, kissing her forehead gently. 
 
Ever since Hyuna broke up with Kris, Myungsoo wasn't afraid to say what he really thought about her. Unfortunately, he had to go on a business trip for two years, but now he's back to claim Hyuna as his.
 
"O-Oppa would you like something to drink?" She stuttered while blushing darker, making the male chuckle at her cuteness. 
 
"No thank you. I just came here to say hi and have small talk. Oh and when does work end for you?" 
 
"In three hours." "Come meet me at my place when you're off okay?" "Nehh, arasso!" Hyuna nodded once and smiled bright.
 
She missed her best friend a whole lot. But her feelings for him were quite confusing. She couldn't decipher whether she views him as a lover, or just an older brother type of relationship. 
 
It's quite funny when you think about it. When the two were in highschool, Hyuna had an ultra huge crush on Myungsoo -
but he couldn't return the feelings. After a few years, they switched positions. That's life for you. 
 
"I'll be going now! See you in a bit?" 
 
Hyuna pecked his cheek and nodded. "Bye oppa, I'm so glad you're back." Myungsoo smiled and held her close for a moment before eventually loosening his hold and waving goodbye. 
 
"Love you, Hyun." "Love you too."
 
As Hyuna watched her best friend exit the shop, her eyes then travelled to a familiar figure beside the door, frozen into place. Her jaw dropped and quickly covered in shock. 
 
"K-Kai??" Her eyes widened while he finally moved forwards. 
 
"Y-Your boyfriend?" Kai asked, trying to hide the pain affecting him on the inside. He finally admitted to himself - he was jealous. Seeing her and another guy made him frustrated. He thought she liked him and only him. Then why don't you ask her out if you're so confident? Kai always asked himself. 
 
Hyuna quickly shook her head and took his hand. "Anii.. He's just a really good friend.. There's nothing going on between us.."
 
Yet. She quickly added in her thoughts, unconsciously. Her grip tightened, not wanting him to let go and leave. 
 
Jongin examined the girl's scared expression and sighed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. I don't have the right to interfere with your personal life. Why would I have to know? It's not like I'm special to you or anything, right?" He smiled wearily and walked away from her sight, releasing their hold before she could even reply.
 
"Kim Jongin-" Hyuna shouted loudly before slowly slumping her shoulders down in depression, realizing he was going to ignore her. 
 
She made her way to his direction, hoping to solve this problem.
 
"Kai.." "What." He mumbled as he continued looking through the papers. "I'm kind of busy right now Hyuna-ssi." 
 
Hyuna blinked and pursed her lips. Yup, he was definitely mad at her one way or another. 
 
"Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way.." 
 
"You don't have to be. It's not your fault. As I said, I shouldn't interfere with your personal life-"
 
"Then why are you acting so strange towards me?" Hyuna stepped forwards as he gazed into her captivating brown orbs. "I don't want us to be like this.." She said softly while taking another gentle step closer. 
 
Jonging ruffled his hair and sighed. She's right. He was being unreasonable. 
 
"I'm sorry. I just got jealous.." He breathed out and placed a hand on the edge of the table for support. 
 
Hyuna bit her lower lip and tilted her head. "W-Why would you be jealous?" She asked, hoping to get a specific answer out of him. 
 
Kai opened his mouth like he was about to say something, but soon closing it instead. 
 
"You want my forgiveness right?" He steered into a different topic wanting to ignore that question. Jongin always valued his pride, but with Hyuna, he sometimes forgot about that.
 
"Of course I do." Hyuna answered seriously while tenderly caressing his cheek. 
 
"Really?"
 
Kai smiled and pulled her close by the waist. He leaned forwards and whispered into her ear.
 
"Then go on a date with me."
 
 

 

Author's Note. 

Like the MyungsooxHyuna and KaixHyuna moments? cx

Remember to please subscribe and upvote!! Love reading your comments!! Thanks for the whole lot of support!! ^^ < 3