beauty and destruction.

Falling For You Again
 
 
 
 
chapter 1 - beauty and destruction.
 
 
 
 
3 Years Ago 
 
"Yahh Kim Hyuna, get back here!" He laughed and chased the love of his life playfully, back hugging her tight as he caught up. A childish grin was plastered on his face at his victory as he gave a soft peck to her cheek.
 
"Kris, let me go!!" Hyuna squealed as the male swept her off her feet in one swift movement, now carrying her bridal style. She kicked her legs in the air and whined seeing him approach the water with each step he took. 
 
"Let you go hmm?" He smirked and dropped her body before catching it again at the last moment. 
 
"Anii!!" "Then do what I say." "No." "Yes." "No." "Fine, I guess I'll just have to drop you into the freezing cold water-" 
 
"Okay okay!!" Hyuna pouted and met the man's playful gaze. "First get to shore!"
 
Kris nodded his head and walked out of the water, setting the girl back down with a chuckle. "Now say it!"
 
She sighed and puffed her cheeks out. "I am so gunna regret this.." Hyuna mumbled before clearing . 
 
"Wu YiFan is the most handsome, kind, funny, smart, sweet - hot and y.. -" She cringed at the last two words but continued her statement seeing the encouraged motions Kris produced. 
 
"AndIamtheluckiestgirlonearthtohavehim. Ahem." She smiled innocently and gave a kiss to his cheek. 
 
"Alright alright, good enough." He grinned and pulled Hyuna close, pressing her body to his. She blushed lightly at the close contact and shyly looked down.
 
"But you truly love me, right?" Kris huskily whispered into her ear and lifted her chin gently with two fingers. He softly pecked the skin at her neck, the atmosphere changing almost immediately. 
 
"O-Of course.." Hyuna shivered from his actions while tilting her head to the side, giving Kris more access, feeling his hot lips against her cool skin. She bit her lip and tried to keep calm. "You know I love you with all my heart."
 
Hearing what he wanted, Kris pulled back slightly and smiled at the girl while secretly slipping out a small velvet box. "I have something to say." He whispered and revealed the item in his palm, hoping his hand wasn't trembling from the nervousness. Hyuna looked up at him with her eyebrows slightly furrowed in curiosity. 
 
"What's this?" 
 
He gazed into her eyes and gently kissed her forehead. As he took out a sparkling ring from the small box, the petite girl gasped softly and covered with a hand. "K-Kris..?" He replied with a smile and took her hand in his.
 
"The past five years have been the best times of my life - all because of you. Baby, you have no idea how blessed I am to be with a girl so kind, sweet, beautiful, smart, funny and just.. Perfect. You're in my mind every second of the day and I truly love you so so much.. So that's why I wanted to ask you.."
 
The latter got on one knee and placed a soft peck to the back of her hand. "Kim Hyuna, Will you marry me?" 
 
Hyuna blinked a couple of times, still in complete shock at the sudden proposal. All she could do at the moment was stare at the ring in awe while going blank. 
 
"Hyuna?" Her counterpart spoke softly and slowly stood up, lightly dusting off the sand that stuck to the fabric.
 
He caressed the dazed girl's cheek and looked into her doe eyes lovingly. "Please jagiya, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you - I need to. I know this was unexpected but-"
 
Hyuna suddenly pulled him by the collar while tiptoeing, pressing her soft lips against his. His arms automatically wrapped around her small waist and slightly lifted her off the ground, a little giggle escaping at the action. She hooked her arms around his neck and laced her fingers into his blond locks, deepening the gentle, sweet kiss.
 
A beautiful scenery laid as a background to the couple's moment, the sun setting with warm colors tainting the sky. 
 
Hyuna broke the kiss, in need of some air to her lungs. But right after her one breath, Kris closed the gap again and pecked her lips affectionately.
 
"I love you."
 
"I love you too."
 
"So will you marry me?" 
 
Hyuna's lips curved into a smile as she nodded quickly, a few tears gliding down her cheeks.
 
"Of course, I'd love to"
 
 

 

2 Years Ago
 
One by one, she emptied the boxes and ruffled through the items. A white box decorated with lace caught her eye and she placed it to her lap. Taking off the top cover, pictures of their memories were revealed. Hyuna couldn't help but gently pick them out and examine the cherished moments. 
 
"Hey, whatcha doing there?" He eyesmiled and sat beside her on the bed. 
 
She shrugged slightly and gave him a small smile. "Just looking through some photos of the old good times.."
 
"Good old times?" He raised an eyebrow. "Why? Aren't you and Kris' relationship going fine right now?"
 
"Well.." Hyuna sighed and shook her head lightly. "It's the stress of the wedding planning that's probably got to him. Maybe. I don't know. But for some reason he gets mad so easily at times." She bit her lower lip, nervous about the massive issue. "I-I'm afraid our relationship isn't going to last long.." She sniffled quietly and discreetly grabbed a tissue from her desk. "I-I don't know what to do anymore. He's never talked to me properly for weeks. And the weddings just around the corner.." She inhaled deeply and groaned. "What do I do!?" Hyuna finally bursted out and gently grabbed a fistful of her hair. Tears streamed down her cheek as she repetitively banged her head on her lap.
 
"Hyuna.." He softly called out, his smooth tone calming the weeping girl slightly. 
 
"What do I do.." She repeated in a whisper, barely audible. "This is really getting to me.. I-I can't live like this.." She took deep breaths and leaned back against the wall, looking up to the ceiling.
 
It pained the male to see his best friend in this situation. He might have had feelings for her in the past, but then it was no use when Kris confessed first. 
 
"I'm sorry" 
 
"Y-You shouldn't be, this isn't your fault." 
 
"But maybe if I confessed before Kris, you would be happily with me.."
 
She blinked at his statement and slowly met his gaze. "No one can really foresee these things Myungsoo. But thank you. For always being there for me. I love you as a friend." She dabbed the remaining tears before smiling softly and hugging him tight. 
 
"I love you too." He smiled back and gently her hair with one hand, while the other was pressed against her back. He sighed. 
 
"I'll always be there when you need someone by your side, alright? You can trust me."
 
"I know I can." She friendly pecked his cheek and went back into his warm embrace, craving the need of affection at this point in time. And for once, Kris couldn't provide that. 
 
"Heyy Myungsoo, I-" She was suddenly interrupted by a booming voice that echoed around the house.
 
"YAHH KIM HYUNA." Kris came storming in the room, shouting loudly to the frightened girl. He accusingly pointed a finger to her best friend, and gave her a dirty look while scowling. 
 
"What the hell are you two doing together!?" He fumed and glared at the male. 
 
"We're the couple not you and this, th-this.. thing. Were you guys touching and smooching all day while I was gone? Huhh? You think I'm that naive to not realize a secret relationship between you two?-"
 
"Hey man, calm down. We're just having a friendly conversation, you're overreacting." Myungsoo calmly said and stood up, but on the inside, he wanted to rip Kris' guts out.  
 
"Get out." "What-" "I said, get out." "Why should I." "Now!" Kris said sternly with aggression. 
 
Myungsoo glanced at Hyuna, not wanting to leave because of the possible violence Kris might conflict on her. But he knew if he stayed longer, the situation would worsen. 
 
"Go." Hyuna mouthed and tilted her head to the door. "I'll be fine." She whispered softly afterwards while fidgeting with her fingers, scared of this new side to Kris. 
 
Myungsoo nodded his head and sighed as he walked out. As the engaged couple heard the door slam shut, indicating his exit, they went back to bickering. 
 
"Kris-" "Don't Kris me." "We're just friends! Plus-" "I didn't ask for an explanation, you !" Kris shouted out with his chest heaving afterwards. 
 
"P-Pardon?" "You heard me. Who knows, maybe you've been ing this guy the whole time. Does our relationship mean nothing to you??" He bursted and took the white box beside Hyuna's trembling body. 
 
"H-Heyy what are you doing??" She carefully stood up on her feet and looked at the box full of memories. 
 
"Why would you care? You have that Myungsoo kid now. What's our relationship to you?"
 
"Everything!" Hyuna cried out in frustration. 
 
"Yeah right. I guess you're a and a liar." Kris scowled and headed to the living room. The girl quickly trailed behind him in case he did something stupid. 
 
Which he did. 
 
Kris took out the box's contents and threw a pile into the fireplace at once. The pictures burned up with Hyuna screaming at him in the background. 
 
"Yah Kris!! What the hell are you doing!?"
 
But he didn't listen as he went rampage mode. Holding the photos in his hand, he ripped them in halves over and over again before tossing them at random. "How do you feel now? Huh? You ?"
 
She pursed her lips as tears streamed down. She slowly backed away in horror of the monster before her. This was too much. Those precious memories were the reason she's still with him. 
 
Hyuna scanned the remaining pieces scattered on the floor and dropped to her knees. 
 
This was the last straw, her breaking point. 
 
She sighed in exasperation and shook her head. "I can't do this anymore, Kris.. Let's just stop this whole thing. The engagement, the relationship, everything."
 
He then met her gaze with a softened expression. Maybe he overreacted. Seeing Hyuna in this state really pained his heart. He didn't mean to hurt her at all. It was like a demon possessed his words and actions. Kris wanted to just run to her side and pull her into his embrace, but that wasn't the best solution at this point. 
 
"Hyuna.." "J-Just don't. Don't try to explain y-yourself.. I-I don't wanna hear it." She hiccuped and swallowed hard. "You've changed."
 
"But-" "Why is it that I have to cry and break down for you to finally realize the pain I've been in. You might be worried about me now, but what about just a few minutes ago? Calling me a damn !?" She sighed and shook her head in disbelief. "I don't want to do this anymore." She stated firmly, making the knife plunge deeper into Kris' heart. 
 
Were they really going to give up all those years together? Throw it away like nothing happened? As much as he wanted to disagree with her and reject the offer to break up, he couldn't. He knew deep inside he was hurting her and he knew she deserved much better. "I'm so sorry-"
 
"Hyuna!" Myungsoo shouted from afar and rushed to the crime scene. He had stayed at the door in case of anything Kris did to her and listened into their conversation. At one point, he couldn't take it anymore and tried many different ways to get in. 
 
Kris started to go furious again, just at the sight of the male around Hyuna. 
 
"Yahh kid, why are you back!-" "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" 
 
"Anii.." "You sure?" "Y-Yeah, thanks for caring sweetie." Hyuna smiled gently at him but looked down right after. 
 
"You wanna stay over at my place for a while?" Myungsoo whispered softly in her ear and glared at Kris. 
 
She just nodded and silently followed her best friend's lead. "I'll be going Kris." Hyuna informed him and chewed on her lower lip, deciding whether to really leave him or not. All the moments they shared together. 
 
"Whatever. I don't care!" Kris blurted out, which Hyuna reacted by slamming the door shut. She walked out of the house and into Myungsoo's car with no regrets. 
 
Kris just watched the two the whole time with clenched fists. After a few minutes of calming himself down, he groaned and plopped on the couch. Staring at the ceiling, he sighed audibly. 
 
"I'm so sorry Hyuna, but know that I truly love you.." He mumbled in a controlled state and picked up the small picture pieces in the room. 
 
Kris walked up to his and Hyuna's room and laid down on the bed. Pulling the covers over his body, he turned to one side and reached out to the empty space where Hyuna usually slept. Although they would face opposite directions when dozing off, it was better to have her by his side, than to not at all. 
 
Without noticing, a few tears slid down the man's cheeks, contemplating the dumb things he did to Hyuna. "I miss you already." He cried himself to sleep, imagining the beauty and destruction of their relationship.
 
Day after day, Kris would wait for her return. But day after day, she would never came back. 
 
He tried calling and texting her, but to no prevail. "Please don't give up on me.." He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. 
 
Two weeks later, Kris got a letter from an unknown address, said to be sent from his lover. 
 
 
Dear Wu YiFan,
I'm sorry for the sudden leave but I wish to no longer continue this relationship. I hope you will just forget everything we've been through and consider ourselves as only friends, maybe even less. I've finally made my decision and I'll be coming over on Sunday to pick up my stuff. Of course I'll be moving out, because.. isn't that you wanted? A like me to get out?
 
From whoever I am to you, Kim Hyuna. 
 
 
Kris reread the letter a couple of times before finally facing the truth. She didn't want, or need him anymore.
 
"Who cares about her." He had to convince himself, even after his huge break down, praying to God she'd reconsider him. "She's right. Why would I want a like her." Kris said out loud but on the inside, he didn't mean any of his words. 
 
On the inside, his heart was still beating for her. Kris still loved her. 
 
But he didn't realize this, until it was too late.
 
 

 

Author's Note. 
 
Thank you guys so so much for the support! Next chapter will have our lovely Kim Jongin introduced c:  I'll be posting it soon, just finishing up ^^
 
Remember to please subscribe and upvote!! I especially love your comments - they're really encouraging c':
 
I only have one question to ask.. KrisxHyuna, KaixHyuna or even MyungsooxHyuna? :O~
 
I personally can't decide :P Until next time! o/