Chapter 09

Believe

Hyung!” Myungsoo screamed ecstatically.

Sunggyu stood still, staring at Myungsoo confusedly. Myungsoo ran up to him, nearly knocking the bowl of oatmeal out of his hands.

“Hyung! Hyung, hyung, hyung - you won’t believe it!”

“Whoa, Myungsoo, calm down,” Sunggyu hushed, placing his spoon back into his bowl and setting that on the counter. “What’s the rush?”

“You won’t believe it!” he repeated. “It’s amazing!”

“What – did you get Sungyeol to send you racy pictures?” he asked sarcastically.

Myungsoo paused and stared at him astounded. “...no. But now that you bring that up, maybe I should-”

“Okay, forget I mentioned that; get back to your point.”

Myungsoo’s bright smile reappeared as he exclaimed, “I got a job offer as a magazine photographer!”

Sunggyu gasped in an equaled excitement. “No way! Really?!”

“Yes, really! They offered me a part time as a model photographer! Do you know how much money they offered me, hyung?! Do you realize how much money that is!? It’s so much money!” he clamored gleefully. “They saw one of the billboards we put up for the park and thought my photography was amazing! Then they asked the park about me and Woohyun gave them my contact information and then they called me and-and…” He stopped to take a much needed breath. “Well, now I got the job! I’m even going to get to be a part of the art direction team! They want me to start next week at this big, tall, shiny building that I usually only see business corporates go into, but I guess it’s for modeling-”

“Myungsoo, focus,” Sunggyu reminded with a chuckle.

“Oh, right. But I got the job!” he said excitedly, hopping around in his spot.

“Congratulations!” Sunggyu exclaimed. “We should celebrate tonight; invite Sungyeol over.”

Myungsoo’s eyes gleamed with approval. “Yes! I will most definitely invite Sungyeol over! And Woohyun, since he indirectly got me this job.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to be here to, so no running off to do the frick frack in your room.”

“Wait, but-”

“No means no. I’ll separate you two all night if I have to.”

“Wait, but this is my celebration night, I have to-” Myungsoo stopped short once he saw Sunggyu’s glare. “Okay, hyung…” he agreed.

Sunggyu smiled and ruffled his hair. “Good boy,” he complimented warmly. “Now we should head over to the park where we can tell them. You can surprise Sungyeol.”

Myungsoo’s face lit up. “Oh, that’s a good idea! I’ll buy him a big teddy bear on the way there and everything!”

Sunggyu groaned and rolled his eyes. “Well, we better get a move on. Knowing that it’s you it could take you a good ten minutes to decide on which bear you want.”





 

“I can’t believe you took a whole hour picking a bear!” Sunggyu exclaimed, his hands gripping the steering wheel of his car harshly. “An hour, Myungsoo! That’s an hour of my life I’m never getting back!”

Myungsoo pouted, hugging the three foot plushie on his lap tightly. “But it had to be perfect and… this bear is perfect…”

Sunggyu stole a glance at the bright, white teddy bear with a pink ribbon around its neck. “Okay, Myungsoo, really? You could have picked that in five minutes. It’s the only bear that’s taller than a small child.”

“Was not!” Myungsoo retorted. “Why do you think I took so long to choose?! There was another bear of the same size!”

“The only difference was the ribbon color! The other ribbon was blue and honestly, we all know Sungyeol’s favorite color is pink. Was it that hard?!”

“Sorry, hyung…” Myungsoo muttered.

Sunggyu let out an exasperated sigh. “It’s fine,” he said. “Just try not to be such a loser for your boyfriend. Do you really think Sungyeol wants to date a loser?”

“But Yeollie loves my loser side.”

“Oh my gosh, just shut up.”

Myungsoo threw him an unconcerned look as he turned away to look out the window. “You seriously need a boyfriend. You’d understand if you had someone to spoil like I do,” he grumbled.

“I don’t need a boyfriend,” Sunggyu said, scoffing.

Myungsoo coughed and murmured, “Yeah, cause you have Woohyun– Whoa!”

Sunggyu slammed down the breaks as he pulled into a parking spot and cast a judgmental glare in Myungsoo’s direction. “What was that you said about Woohyun?” he asked bitingly.

“Nothing, nothing!” Myungsoo held onto his stuffed bear tightly as if it was protection. “I was just saying… Woohyun’s a cool guy.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and smiled. “Yeah, Woohyun is a cool guy. But I don’t need you and Sungyeol trying to match-make again. It’s never worked.”

“Whatever,” Myungsoo whined. “Let’s just go. It’s going to work eventually,” he added.

He exited the car with Sunggyu in tow and entered the park. Sunggyu chuckled to himself as he followed Myungsoo through the area. It was funny watching Myungsoo try to navigate the crowds with an enormous stuffed bear in his arms. It didn’t take them long to get to the whale tank where Sungyeol and Woohyun both were.

“Babe!” Myungsoo exclaimed upon the sight of Sungyeol.

Sungyeol’s eyes lit up in joy as he ran down the stairs of the tank and into Myungsoo’s arms. “Soo, you’re here!” he exclaimed. “Oh my gosh, what’s this adorable bear for?”

“It’s for you!” Myungsoo beamed. “I also want to invite you over tonight.”

“Really?” Sungyeol’s eyes glimmered with curiosity. “What for?”

Sunggyu shook his head at the lovebirds as he turned away. He traveled up the stairs to the whale tank where Woohyun stood watching the couple below. His fear of water seemed to be reducing each week. And even though Woohyun was no longer really teaching him to swim at his apartment building, he was still texting him moral support all the time. It was kind of cute to get all of his texts that read ‘take care’ and ‘the water will always love you!’ Woohyun was really cute actually. Albeit it was a little dumb, but it was cute.

“Hey,” he called out.

Woohyun snickered and laughed. “Hey there, stranger.” He splashed some water in Sunggyu’s direction. “What brings you here today? You know, besides your job.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he flicked some water off his arm. “Myungsoo wanted to come by personally to thank you and invite you and Sungyeol to dinner.”

“Thank me? For what, exactly?” Woohyun asked. He gave Sunggyu a friendly hug as they met on the platform.

“You gave his contact information out to someone, right? He’s got a photography job at some modeling agency now.”

“He did? Oh, that’s amazing! I’m so happy for him!” Woohyun grinned happily. “We should celebrate!”

“Yeah! That’s what he wanted to come here for. He wanted to invite you and Sungyeol over to our place tonight for dinner. Oh, whoops – probably shouldn’t have spoiled the surprise,” Sunggyu chuckled.

“It’s alright,” Woohyun laughed, “I’ll just act surprised when he comes. It probably won’t be for a little while though, considering Sungyeol is grabbing his full attention.” He chuckled to himself. “So how have you been? Sorry I didn’t respond to your text last night – I fell asleep early.”

“Oh, it’s no problem. I fell asleep also. I wouldn’t want to keep you up with my texts.”

Woohyun smiled at him mischievously. “On the contrary, I kind of like it when your texts keep me up.”

“Then I’ll be sure to do it more often.” Sunggyu winked.

Woohyun laughed out loud at the sheer corniness of the action and shook his head. He bent down next to the water and looked back at Sunggyu. “Hey… I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”

“What is it?” Sunggyu replied. He backed away from the ledge slowly. He had grown more accustomed to being in the same vicinity as the pool, but he wasn’t exactly comfortable looking over the edge and not seeing the bottom of the tank.

“So… basically, you know how you named Eunsol?”

“Yeah?”

“I want you to meet her.”

Sunggyu’s eyebrows shot up as he stepped backwards and back onto the stairs. “Woohyun. I don’t know if you remember the last time I tried to meet a whale, but–”

“No, no!” Woohyun exclaimed, his hands up as if in some sort of surrender. “This will be different, I swear! You don’t have to go to the water to meet her, maybe just through the glass will be okay. But you gave her a name, Sunggyu and I want you to meet with her. She responds to her name now. I just… wanted to share something amazing with you. You’ll come, right?”

Sunggyu bit his lip before breaking into a grin and heaving an exasperated sigh. “Am I supposed to say no? Because those puppy eyes you’re giving me are a pretty compelling argument.”

“So you are going to come! That makes me so happy, you wouldn’t even know!” Woohyun smiled brightly, his eyes lighting up. “I don’t want to distract other workers, so you want to sneak in with me tonight?”

“Sneak in?” Sunggyu chuckled. “I’m pretty sure we aren’t required to sneak in if you work here.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes and just waved him off. “Don’t worry about it, okay? We can go tonight.”

“But Myungsoo was going to invite you over for dinner tonight.”

“Yeah, me and Sungyeol. And they’re going to break out a bottle of wine to celebrate. And when Sungyeol gets drunk enough, he becomes exceptionally touchy.”

“You don’t say,” Sunggyu chuckled.

“Believe me,” Woohyun laughed, “I know about that first hand.”

Sunggyu crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow playfully. “Firsthand experience? Would you care to elaborate?”

Woohyun snickered as he glanced down at the couple on the floor. “Well, let’s just say I made out with a drunk Sungyeol once. Nothing more than that though, I swear!”

Sunggyu burst out laughing hysterically, much to Woohyun’s confusion. Once his peals of laughter died down, he said, “That’s it?! Oh man, Myungsoo has been absolutely livid whenever you two are together because he thinks that you guys used to date or hooked up once. Hell, this is too funny!”

Oh,” Woohyun chuckled in understanding. “So that’s why he doesn’t like me! I’ll have to clear it up with him later.”

“Yeah, no kidding,” Sunggyu giggled. “I’m going to hold this against him for being a jealous boyfriend. This is great.”

Woohyun walked towards him and joined him on the steps and they began to make their descent together. “Good to know I was of help.”

When they reached the bottom, Myungsoo bombarded them both with a smile and an invitation for Woohyun to dinner tonight with the rest of them. Sunggyu knew that Myungsoo’s smile was half forced and he couldn’t help but laugh every time Myungsoo spoke with Woohyun. He really couldn’t wait to see Myungsoo’s reaction when he found out the truth and he couldn’t wait to be there to rub it around in his face.

 

 

 

 

 

“How did Junhi even get sick? She’s the healthiest sea lion!” Dongwoo exclaimed. He rubbed his forehead worriedly as Hoya gave him a warm pat on the back. They stood in front of Junhi in the infirmary for the animals. She lay wrapped up in a damp towel as another veterinarian was spoon feeding her some food mixed with medicine.

Hoya bit back a sigh. “It looks to me like it’s another case of bad fish. I just don’t understand where it could be coming from…” He clutched onto his clipboard haphazardly. “The fish we receive is always top quality.”

“So why does this keep happening?” Dongwoo asked in a whisper. “Everyone here is doing their best to take care of these animals and yet there’s still some things going wrong. The only explanation could be some kind of rat in the system and that’s the last thing I would want here.”

“Me too,” Hoya replied. “All the workers here are like family and to think they wouldn’t have any respect for each other or their profession is just appalling.”

Dongwoo gave him a soft smile before reaching out to touch his arm. “You would never do something like that, right? I know you’re one of the best guys here. You love these animals more than anything.”

“Yeah,” Hoya nodded sheepishly. A blush flamed on his cheeks for a couple moments. “I love it here and I hate seeing so many animals coming in and seeking medical help. Although if there’s any silver lining, seeing you more is a definite bonus.”

Dongwoo laughed well heartedly as he placed a hand on Hoya’s back. “You should come over to the sea lion tank more! You always eat lunch at the café across from it, so you should drop by and say hi to all the babies there. I know they love you.”

Hoya chuckled and responded, “Maybe some other times I’ll be sure to drop by but there’s nothing wrong with my view from the café. Thanks for the invitation though.”

“It’s no problem! Next time you come over they can all have a personal check up and you can write all of the information down on that clipboard of yours. Anyways, I have to be on my way now – the others can’t stay without me for too long.” Dongwoo smiled brightly as he gave a wave and began moving away.

“I’m sure they can’t,” Hoya chuckled as he vanished. As soon as Dongwoo was out of sight Hoya let out a breath he didn’t even realize he was holding and loosened his clutch on his clipboard.

 

 

 

 

 

It had taken all but ten minutes for Myungsoo and Sunggyu to realize that their tiny apartment was not fit for a nice dinner so it was decidedly rescheduled at Sungyeol’s place instead. Sungyeol’s apartment was barely bigger in size but it was clean and his table came equipped with chairs. Woohyun had come over early to help prepare dinner because of Sungyeol’s desperate plea. So as Sungyeol wiped his table down and put out plates and utensils, Woohyun was running around the small kitchen, tossing salads and boiling pasta and grating cheese.

“Are you making Italian?” Sungyeol asked, sniffing the air. “It smells great, by the way.”

Woohyun let out a laugh as he rinsed the fresh boiled pasta in the sink. “Thanks. And actually, I’m making macaroni and cheese.”

“Macaroni and cheese? That’s one way to celebrate,” Sungyeol replied.

“It’s definitely celebratory if there’s two types of cheeses, rotisserie chicken and lots of vegetables. And I’m making my salad with my special vinaigrette. Can I even be more amazing?”

Sungyeol gave him a side-eye glance as he rearranged the napkin holder at the center of his quaint, square shaped table. “It sounds like you’re trying to impress someone.”

Woohyun scoffed as he turned his back to whisk some ingredients together. “I have no clue what you’re talking about.”

“All right, but I’m just saying that you normally don’t make such a high end meal for a small dinner get together.” Sungyeol shrugged. “But whatever you say…”

“Maybe I just feel like being fancy tonight.”

“Hyung, you’re wearing your V-neck striped shirt and your ugly acid washed jeans. This is the low end of the fancy spectrum for you.”

“For the last time, they’re not ugly, they’re vintage! And for your information, I happen to look great in V-necks! And stripes!”

“And you’re trying to look great because you’re trying to impress someone, right?”

“Sungyeol, I swear, I am going to shove this whisk up your–”

“No need to use violence, I was just stating my observations!” Sungyeol smiled at him cheekily and Woohyun opened his mouth to retort but a knock on the door interrupted him. “Oh look, what do you know, they’re here.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes as Sungyeol answered the door and Myungsoo and Sunggyu came sauntering in. He could hear their voices floating over as they exchanged some greetings and affections. It wasn’t until a few moments later that Sunggyu had come to join him in the kitchen and was leaning on the counter beside him.

“What’re you making?” he asked, peeking over Woohyun’s shoulder.

“Salad,” Woohyun answered simply with a grin. “But there’s macaroni and cheese baking in the oven, so that’s going to be delicious.”

“Oh, that sounds nice,” Sunggyu commented, sniffing the air deeply. “It even smells nice. Thanks so much for making us dinner – if it was just me, Sungyeol and Myungsoo it would have been limited to some mediocre Chinese takeout like last time.”

“You three are actually so hopeless I worry for the safety of your stomachs.” Woohyun laughed to himself and continued, “I’m almost thinking about cooking meals for you guys all the time.”

“I honestly don’t think you realize how much you’d be helping us,” Sunggyu chuckled. “I would kill to have a home cooked meal these days. I mean, obviously our new job at the park is giving us a lot of more revenue but we still are lacking in the ability to cook.”

“Invite me over and I’ll cook for you guys,” Woohyun said. He dipped his spoon into the vinaigrette he was making and held it over his shoulder for Sunggyu to taste. Sunggyu leaned over, resting his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder to close his lips around the spoon. Sunggyu smacked his lips and made a sound of content.

“That already tastes great!” he stated earnestly. “I could be satisfied in eating that alone.”

Woohyun raised an eyebrow as he turned back to his cooking. “That’s a bold claim there, Sunggyu.”

“It’s a bold vinaigrette.” Sunggyu laughed happily and then removed his chin from Woohyun’s shoulder. “We’re still on for seeing Eunsol tonight, right?”

Woohyun snickered. “I thought you didn’t want to.” He placed oven mitts over his hands and opened the oven, a large gust of heat hitting him in the face.

Sunggyu stepped back and watched as Woohyun pulled out a dish of macaroni and cheese that was toasted brown all over the top. “I wasn’t fond of the idea of getting near the whale and water but if I look at him from outside of the tank, I should be fine. Besides, I named her – I’m pretty excited.”

“She might be sleeping when we arrive but I’ll still let you see her. Now, we should call the other two over or Sungyeol is going to Myungsoo’s face off before we can even get dinner started,” Woohyun replied, placing the dark pan down on a cooling rack. “Sungyeol!” he called out. “Dinner is ready, let’s start!”

Sungyeol and Myungsoo came in arm in arm and sat down at the table. Sunggyu joined them and they all chattered amiably as they waited for Woohyun to bring the food to the table. As soon as he sat down and all the food had been laid out, Sunggyu snuck him a smile.

“Nice jeans,” he said, a small sparkle of amusement in his eyes.

Woohyun’s face warmed and he looked away only to catch Sungyeol’s gaze. Sungyeol sent him a knowing look and Woohyun rolled his eyes back.

 

 

 

 

 

Once the bottle of wine had been opened and Sungyeol and Myungsoo were too light headed to control themselves, Sunggyu knew that it was time to head out. Since Woohyun had carpooled with Sungyeol that day, they had both driven to the park in Sunggyu’s car. Once they had arrived, Woohyun had nearly bounced into the park with Sunggyu in tow. It was peaceful at the park when there were no crowds or loud noises. And it was even beautiful in its own way because when the sun was down, the large tanks of water were lit by themselves. It glowed a beautiful, fluorescent blue against the dark skies and cast web like patterns of light across the floors of the park. And despite Sunggyu’s hate for water, he was still in awe.

“It’s gorgeous, isn’t it?” Woohyun whispered by his side. “I sneak in here sometimes by myself. It’s like a world of its own.”

Sunggyu nodded in agreement, his eyes tranced by the dancing light that flickered over Woohyun. “Yeah. It’s beautiful.”

Woohyun’s eyes lit up and he grabbed Sunggyu’s wrist as he started jogging over to the whale tank. “We’re lucky!” he said. “Eunsol and her mom are awake!”

Sunggyu followed him with a light laugh and stopped in front of the tank. The ethereal glow of blue basked onto them faintly as they peered inside the tank from outside the glass. Eunsol was near the top of the glass, floating many, many feet above Sunggyu’s head. He had to crane his neck all the way back to even look at the calf’s stomach. She was floating near her mother who looked so much larger that Sunggyu felt like an ant compared to the two of them.

“You stay here,” Woohyun said, “I’ll go to them and ask them to swim around for you.”

Sunggyu just nodded and watched in amusement as Woohyun nearly tripped over himself to get to the top of the stairs and onto the platform. He couldn’t really hear what Woohyun was saying, the sloshing of the water over the edge of the tank was a little too noisy. But he could hear a loud, singular sound come from the mother whale and a tinier squeak coming from Eunsol. And soon enough the mother and her child were swimming down under the water.

It couldn’t have looked more amazing. The black and white whales looked pristine against the pale blue radiance of the lit water. And watching Eunsol swim with those clumsy tail waggles besides her graceful mother, Luma, was just awe inspiring. It nearly took Sunggyu’s breath away and for once, it seemed like it was for the right reasons. Eunsol made a sound that was muffled by the thick glass but echoed in Sunggyu’s brain. He reached out a hand to touch the glass and it felt like Eunsol could see him. Like this small, innocent whale could sense his presence and he wasn’t even intimidated. Who was to be intimidated by a baby?

He could have basked in the pleasure of that feeling alone forever when a sudden shout caught his attention. A loud splash followed afterward and Sunggyu shouted, “Woohyun?!”

 He tried looking to the platform but couldn’t spot it and he couldn’t hear anything except for the water again and this time his heart rate sped up. This time he felt his palms get sweaty and his forehead get clammy. He was about to panic when he heard a loud gasp of air. The gasp was followed by laughter and Sunggyu knew he was okay. His hands stopped sweating, but his heart still stayed beating.

“Hyung!” Woohyun called out. “I’m okay! I just slipped is all!”

Sunggyu shook his head and smiled gently. “You almost had me worried!” he shouted back. He could hear Woohyun’s laugh floating in the air and he grinned at the sound. “I almost thought you were dying!”

“No way!” Woohyun cried back immediately. “I can hold my breath for a really long time!”

“Show me!”

After a moment he heard another splash and soon he saw Woohyun’s slim figure diving down into the water. Sunggyu couldn’t take his eyes off him. The way the water’s blue seemed to illuminate his body and how his shirt floated around his body, lifting up to reveal his toned stomach, and how his hair drifted around his head carelessly. Woohyun swam towards him and floated to a stop right in front of him and lifted his hand to touch the glass. He just hovered there serenely, his bare feet treading to keep him afloat. He grinned at Sunggyu as Sunggyu placed his hand over his on the glass and smiled back warmly.

He laughed to himself as Eunsol came over and nudged Woohyun with the tip of her nose playfully. Woohyun beamed at her and Sunggyu could imagine his laugh in the air as he rubbed the calf’s head gently and placed a large kiss on her forehead. He swam upwards after that and Sunggyu could hear him break the surface of the water. He watched Eunsol and Luma swim for a bit more before Woohyun came running to him, his wet footsteps loud and clear.

“You’re soaking wet,” Sunggyu chuckled, tearing his gaze away from Eunsol to look at Woohyun properly. “I hope you don’t plan on riding in my car all wet like that.”

Woohyun shivered but his smile was wide and happy. “I understand,” he said, “I’ll just go into the locker room and grab a towel.”

“I’ll come with you,” Sunggyu said as he walked over. “We can leave afterwards since I don’t want you catching a cold walking around wet.”

“Yeah, me neither,” replied Woohyun lightly. He hugged his arms as the two of them made their way to the locker room, the sounds of Eunsol and her mother’s keens echoing like music behind them.

“You seemed to really like Eunsol.” Woohyun walked into the locker room casually, his feet squeaking against the rubber mats as his clothes stuck to his body. “She’s adorable, so I don’t blame you.”

Sunggyu smiled as he sat down and waited for Woohyun to open his locker. “Yeah, she’s so innocent. Watching her is a like a whole new experience.”

Woohyun nodded in agreement. “She’s definitely a spectacle. And she’s so smart, too. I wish I could take you to see her up close. I know you’d love her.” He opened up his locker.

“I do love her,” Sunggyu agreed. “And now I think she’s the reason why I want to get better.” Woohyun paused and looked over his shoulder, a mix of confusion and amazement in his eyes as Sunggyu continued. “I want to get better around water so that I’ll be able to meet Eunsol in person. I-I… She’s beautiful, Woohyun – I have to meet her up close eventually.”

A soft smile grew on Woohyun’s face. “I’m glad you feel that way.” Throwing his towel over his shoulder he added, “I’m sure Eunsol would be thrilled to meet you too.”

As they exited the park and began the car ride to Woohyun’s home, the two of them talked about small things that didn’t matter. After such a wonderful night, Sunggyu wondered if their conversation content even would matter. He decided that no, it didn’t matter because what mattered was the way Woohyun’s lips curved up when he smiled, the way his eyes glimmered when he was happy and the way his fingers would curl around Sunggyu’s wrist when he wanted to show him something. Those were things that mattered. Eunsol was something that mattered.

When they arrived at Woohyun’s small home, Sunggyu had exited his car to walk Woohyun to his door. The other was still wrapped up in his towel, his hair still damp as they listened to the crickets around them. When they got to the door, Woohyun turned around, that familiar glitter of excitement in his eyes.

“I had fun today,” he said. “A lot of fun. Thanks for agreeing to go… and driving me.”

Sunggyu replied, “No problem. Thanks for sneaking me into the park after hours. It was a really worthwhile experience.”

“It’s no problem,” Woohyun said in return. He bit his lip as he rubbed the back of his leg with his foot. “I want to do this again sometime in the future – the near future. You know, if you’re okay with that.”

“I’m more than okay with that. I’d also be happy to drive each time.”

Woohyun snickered. “I don’t know if you’d want me getting your car wet every time. Plus I should be able to drive you from time to time.”

Sunggyu laughed out loud. “I don’t think it matters who’s driving so long as you and me together with the park at night.”

“Thanks, Sunggyu. For everything, I mean it.” Woohyun smiled at him gratefully as he unlocked his door and stepped a foot in. “I had better get to sleep since I still have to be at the park early tomorrow. And I had better call Sungyeol to make sure he didn’t get too carried away.”

“Me too – I should probably contact Myungsoo to be early to his new photography job before he gets fired from it,” Sunggyu said as he scratched the nape of his neck. “I’ll be going. See you later then?”

“See you later,” Woohyun answered, his voice soft and breathy.

He stepped into his home and closed the door completely, the sound of his lock turning. Sunggyu smiled at the memories of that night, the feeling of ecstasy never leaving his chest. The sigh he let out was full of happiness and excitement and he didn’t think he would be able to shake the feeling off any time soon. He turned to leave when he suddenly heard the lock click behind him and he turned back.

“Woohyun?” he asked as he saw the other come out once again. “Did you forget something?”

“Yeah,” Woohyun said, his voice still soft as he reached for the collar of Sunggyu’s shirt. “I forgot to give you something.”

With a forceful yank, he pulled down Sunggyu to crash their lips together and the surprise of the moment had caught Sunggyu completely off guard. But despite his shock, it didn’t take long for his wide-blown eyes to flutter closed as he returned the kiss, gently on Woohyun’s soft lower lip. His hand reached up to tangle in Woohyun’s dark hair for a moment before they pulled apart, both of their eyes half lidded and their breathing hard.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu murmured.

Woohyun swallowed, his teeth biting onto his bottom lip as his cheeks flushed. “Um, sorry for coming back after saying goodbye. I’ll… I’ll see you later.” With that he rushed back into his home, the click of the lock resounding once again.

Sunggyu smiled, the laugh that left his lips breathy like their kiss. He walked back to his car, biting his lower lip the whole way. After situating himself back into the driver’s seat, he pulled out his phone and wrote a text.

 

Hey, was this a date?

I don’t know… what would make you say that?

 

Well, I really hope it was a date because
I hope you don’t go around kissing guys like that.

I don’t!

 

Just teasing!

You’re so mean… did you think this was a date?

 

Yeah, I do. That means you 
better say yes to the next one.

I will!

 

 

 

 


( A/N ):

hello friends :))) hope you liked it! take this fluffiness as my apology for not updating for months otllll 

i apologize for it, i really do! i hope you're still willing to keep up with this story though ^^ this is just full of some cute woogyu feels (and some yadong??) + wet woohyun bc we all need that in life. also that scene where woohyun is in the water and staring at sunggyu through the glass? ugh, my heart. haha, anyways i hope you enjoyed it! i'll see you in the next update and i'll try to make it soon! lol now i shall return to rewatching season 3 of avatar the last airbender. toodles! see you next time! <3

~ Quinnie
ask.fm | tumblr | twitter