Chapter 08

Believe

“Seoji got sick this week,” Sungyeol mumbled, biting his knuckle. “It’s not good, Woohyun.”

Woohyun ran a hand through his hair roughly as he stared down at the papers in front of him. “I don’t get it,” he muttered. “Why is this all happening now? It’s not like we hired any new trainers that are messing the diets up.”

“But why would someone even want to sabotage the park?” Sungyeol asked. He leaned forward in his seat, his hands reaching to touch Woohyun’s desk. “Does someone hate the animals that much?”

“All of our trainers love the animals,” the older trainer stated surely. “If they didn’t then they wouldn’t be working here.”

“Then what’s happening? So many animals have gotten sick this past month just from diet mishaps alone. Seoji was the healthiest dolphin - Bora said so herself. And you know how meticulous Bora is when taking care of her dolphins.”

“The dolphins aren’t the only ones who are getting sick though. First it was sea lions, then the penguins and now the dolphins! And the cause for all them is dietary malfunctions. Bad fish are everywhere. And it’s not our supplier because we personally prepare the fish in the morning ourselves.”

“That means it’s someone in the park.”

Woohyun let out a sharp sigh through gritted teeth. “But who? It can’t be the trainers. And it can’t be us. So unless it’s the janitors, I don’t know what to think.”

“Me neither,” Sungyeol whispered helplessly. “I just feel awful that so many of our animals are getting hurt and there’s nothing we can do about it.”

“I know, Sungyeol, I know. But no one’s hurt the whales yet, so let’s just be happy about that.”

“They better not,” Sungyeol seethed slightly. “Luma is about to give birth soon, and if somebody messes with her I swear I’ll rip them to pieces.”

Woohyun chuckled. “Calm down, Yeol. No one can hurt them while they’re under our watch and care.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait, how do I even know you’re being honest?”

“I swear I’m telling the truth. C’mon - just believe me.”

It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s just-”

“Woohyun, you just doubted whether or not I was being honest.”

No, I didn’t! I was just-”

Sunggyu laughed into the phone. “Chill out, I’m just messing with you.”

...Oh.”

He leaned against the counter as he held his phone to his ear. “But I’m honestly telling you the truth. Besides, don’t you want me working with you again?”

Well, of course I do. But are you ready to go back to work? Because, you know, the water-”

“It’s better now, I promise!” Sunggyu reassured. “Remember - I even floated in the deep end with you last week.”

Your eyes were closed. And I think you fell asleep.”

“Shut up.” Woohyun’s laugh rang from the other end of the receiver, making Sunggyu’s smile brighten. “I did not fall asleep.”

Either way - you were spacing out. I don’t know if I can count that as actual floating in the deep end.”

“I had to distract myself somehow! Otherwise I probably would have freaked out.”

I’m pretty impressed. You’ve been handling the pool really well. Even though I practically carried you out of the deep end.”

“Objection, your honor. You didn’t carry me out. You assisted me.”

If having to hold you and lift you out of the pool is the standard for ‘assisting’ then yeah, I guess.”

“But I’m completely serious, Woohyun! I think I can go back to working around the tanks.”

Are you positive? If you’re not then Myungsoo will just start yelling at me.”

“I’m one hundred and ten percent positive, Woohyun. Looking at water isn’t that bad anymore! Being in water - that’s kind of a different story.” Sunggyu chuckled.

It had been a month since Myungsoo had ‘banned’ Sunggyu from working directly in the park. He had been restricted to the back facilities only, where he was constantly around Hoya. It was kind of awkward, since Hoya was buzzing around every second with his clipboard in his arms. But he got used to it. Maybe even too used to it. Sunggyu had gotten pretty bored, after all. In the beginning it was pretty exciting, but after some time, the buzz died down and he kind of wished he was near the tanks.

He thought he was crazy on the day he decided that he missed the tanks and would learn to get over his water fear just to be near them. Because of that, he had asked Woohyun to come over more often for their ‘swimming lessons.’

In truth, Sunggyu wasn’t really learning how to swim. It was more like Woohyun took him a little deeper in the water each time he came, and Sunggyu would close his eyes and force him farther every time. Sometimes he would freeze up and Woohyun would have to physically assist him out of the pool and onto the cement. And other times, he could kind of make it through. But he was making significant progress. It was surprising because Sunggyu didn’t know why he was more successful conquering water with Woohyun than an actual therapist.

After he thought a little bit about it, he figured that it might have been the fact that all those therapist always made sure that he realized that, to him, water was scary. But with Woohyun, he always reassured Sunggyu; always told him that water was nothing to be afraid of. Of course, that wasn’t exactly a foolproof method, considering that Sunggyu still wouldn’t touch water without holding his hand. But he could handle looking at water now. It didn’t make him as queasy anymore.

With that in mind, he had made the courageous decision to physically call Woohyun and ask for his job back. Perhaps he wouldn’t be stepping into the water any time soon, but he could definitely handle working around it a little better.

Well, if you really want to go back to work then that’s great! Will Myungsoo let you?”

“I already spoke to him about it,” Sunggyu reassured, “and he said as long as I know what I’m doing. It’s funny - he’s gotten so busy at the park that he’s letting me breathe a little bit.”

That’s good. You are his hyung, after all. He can’t just keep you locked in to keep you safe. You’ll have to face your fear eventually.”

“Yeah, well, very slowly. I’m definitely not going to step into those deathly tanks yet. But… I can look at it.”

Then I think you can accompany me today,” Woohyun sang. “I’m going to be in charge of the dolphin encounter activities today, so you can join me.”

“So you’re not working with the whales today?”

Woohyun chuckled over the line. “Don’t sound so hopeful, hyung. I still have something extremely important to do with the whales today. In fact, Myungsoo and Sungyeol will be there also. I’m bringing you along, definitely.”

“As long as I’m not in the water, I think I can handle looking at your precious whales also,” Sunggyu said with a grin. “You know, as long as they’re not too large or anything.”

No worries - Luma is one of our smallest adult whales. And you’ll absolutely adore her.”

“Who is Luma?” Sunggyu asked teasingly. “Anyways, we’ll see when we get there.” Sunggyu laughed. “See you then, okay?”

Okay, I can’t wait! I’m going to give you the best day in the park ever to make up for all the bad things that happened in the beginning. Bye!”

The older chuckled. “Bye, Woohyun.”

A single click ended their phone call and Sunggyu smiled as he retracted his cell phone from his ear. He was glad to be coming back and was looking forward to see what kind of things he would discover at the park today. That was how he had convinced himself to come back. He told himself to see the experiences at the park as a positive and reinforcing thing for him to learn from. It was kind of cheesy, but it helped his mindset, nonetheless.

Getting dressed in appropriate attire was easy (besides his eternally mismatched socks) and breakfast was Myungsoo’s leftover bowl of cornflakes. It was soggy from the milk, which was also a bit warm, but Sunggyu ate it anyways. Sometimes he wondered if he was borderline to becoming a barbarian.

After his excuse for breakfast, he slipped on his shoes, grabbed his bag and headed out the door. Myungsoo had left before him, so he locked the door with his spare key before tucking it under the mat.

The bus ride to the marine park was boring and uneventful to say the least. Sunggyu sat in his seat impatiently and waited for what seemed like forever as he was transported to the park. As soon as he arrived, he practically hopped out of the bus, thanking the heavens for such a dull ride to be over.

“Woohyun!” he called as he spotted the other.

Woohyun grinned as he saw him and waved. “Hyung!” he exclaimed. “Come on in and we can get ready for my dolphin activity for the day.”

Sunggyu rushed over to his side and began walking with him into the park. Woohyun chuckled at him. “You’re excited today, aren’t you?”

“You have no idea. I’ve never been so excited to get near water tanks before.”

“Was working with Hoya that boring?”

“...Well, not boring, per se; he just looked kind of uncomfortable with me tagging along with him constantly. And because I ran out of things to document.”

Woohyun let out a good natured laugh. “Either way, it’s glad to have you back working up front! Myungsoo has been handling it pretty well on his own though. He actually got us our first billboard! Now people will see our park whenever they’re exiting the highway!”

“That’s definitely exciting,” Sunggyu agreed as they walked past a churro vendor. “Hopefully that will bring in more visitors.”

“I hope so too.” Woohyun led him behind a building, where they entered through a back door. “But for now, we are going to go be in charge the dolphin experience.”

“What is that, anyways?” Sunggyu asked, following Woohyun through a narrow hallway.

“Nothing special,” the other said, “just an activity that visitors can pay for to swim with dolphins.”

The older’s eyebrows rose up in surprise. “You can pay to swim with dolphins?”

“Only with a trainer there, of course. Today, it will be me.” He winked. “We get to teach them how to communicate with the dolphins and interact with them. The swimmers are able to feed them also.”

“Then… why are we here?” Sunggyu asked. “We’re in some kind of storage house.”

“Actually we’re in the visitor changing rooms,” Woohyun corrected. “We give everyone their own wetsuit and towel. You’ll be accompanying me with today’s guests.”

They walked to the end of the hallway and Woohyun opened a door that lead them to a locker room similar to the ones the trainers used. The sound of two voices floated over towards them; one of a boy and a girl. The two of the turned a corner and found themselves face to face with a young boy and girl, seemingly no older than eighteen. The boy’s hair was short and brown, while the girl’s brown hair had been tied up into a fluffy ponytail.

“Hey,” Woohyun said.

The girl turned, her smile enthusiastic and excited. “Hi!” she replied, her hands clasped in happiness. “Are you our trainer today?”

“That’s me!” He nodded. “I will be your supervisor and teacher today.”

“That’s awesome,” the boy said genuinely. “I really hope we’ll be able to have a good time with the dolphins.”

“You most definitely will,” Woohyun guaranteed. “The dolphins you two are meeting today are named Finnian and Dewdrop. They’re our friendliest dolphins and they love interacting with people.”

“I’m really excited!” the girl sang.

Woohyun grinned at her. “Rightfully so; the dolphin encounter is an irreplaceable experience. Let's head out. My name is Woohyun, by the way. And this is Sunggyu. Don’t worry about him – he works for the park and is just tagging along.”

The girl smiled, her eyes bright. “My name is Yein and this is Jungkook.” She gestured to the boy next to her. “Today is my birthday and he promised to let me play with dolphins.”

“Oh, that’s cute,” replied Woohyun as he began guiding them out the door. “How do you two know each other?” he asked.

Jungkook spoke up. “I’m her boyfriend,” he said proudly.

“Boyfriend?” Sunggyu repeated. “Aren’t you two a little young?”

“We’re only in high school,” Jungkook replied as they stepped out into the sun. “And besides” he reached out to hold Yein's hand “I really like her.”

Yein blushed and gripped his hand tighter as her other hand went up to adjust the neck of her wetsuit. He gave her a brusque kiss on the cheek and she giggled. Woohyun and Sunggyu decided to trail behind them from a small distance, deciding to give them space as they spoke to each other privately.

“They’re cute,” Woohyun commented. “Teenage couples are so cute.”

“You don’t think they’re too young to date or anything? I always thought high school relationships never lasted.”

“My cousin got married to a guy she was dating since sophomore year,” Woohyun replied. “I think high school love is romantic and innocent. It’s kind of like puppy love at first and it either becomes something deeper or fades away.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s true,” Sunggyu murmured. “Are they even allowed to do this by themselves? They’re both under eighteen, aren’t they?”

“No worries - they’re parents signed the liability forms. They’re good to go.” Woohyun grinned at it. “Just watch us and enjoy it. I’m sure Finnian and Dewdrop can capture your heart also.”

“I’m not going in the water, right? Just watching?” Sunggyu asked skeptically. “Because I swear if I fall into a dolphin tank again-”

“Don’t worry so much!” Woohyun sang, giving him a playful smack. “That’s behind us now, right? It’s the past. And besides, the dolphin encounters are held at a completely different place where the water is less deep.”

“How deep is less deep?”

“Well, I mean, you still probably can’t swim down to the bottom of it in one breath, but it’s not as deep as the tank.”

“So, in the end, it’s still super deep.”

“...Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just wave your arm like this - they’ll come right over.”

Yein and Jungkook mimicked Woohyun’s motions and just as he said, the dolphins came swimming over, poking their bodies up to look at Yein and Jungkook.

Sunggyu stood off to the side, where he had a view of the complete tank. Woohyun had been correct; this tank was shallower than the normal tank. It was actually behind the larger tank and was connected to it through a channel that the dolphins could swim to and fro from. It was kind of stunning, to Sunggyu, on how elaborate the entire system was. He would have to document that. But for now, he would just sit back, relax, and watch Woohyun teach some high school sweethearts how to interact with dolphins. His only task now was to hold his breakfast down because the sound of water was getting to his head. He would hold it down though; so long as Woohyun was there.

“Good job!” Woohyun exclaimed. “Now they,” he gestured to the dolphins, “are Finnian and Dewdrop. You can bend down and rub the top of their heads. They really like when you do that.”

Yein bent down excitedly and pat one of the dolphin’s heads appreciatively. “Hi there,” she said sweetly. “My name is Yein! And this is my boyfriend Jungkook. Today is my birthday!”

The dolphin squeaked happily as if wishing her a happy birthday. Water squirted up from it and Yein laughed welcomely. “You’re so cute!” she said. She looked up at Woohyun. “Which one is this?”

“The one your petting is Finnian. We like to call him Finny for short! And Jungkook, the one in front of you is Dewdrop. She’s very gentle and nice, while Finny loves playing around.”

Jungkook sqaut down, rubbing the dolphin’s wet fin softly. “She seems sweet,” he agreed. “She hasn’t spit water up in my face,” he said pointedly, teasing Yein.

Yein stuck her tongue out. “You’re just jealous because Finny loves me more. Isn’t that right, Finny?” She grinned down at him, her eyes turning into crescents. The dolphin squealed in appreciation, splashing more water towards her.

“You’re very good at communicating with him,” Woohyun complimented. “You might even have a future here with us someday.”

Yein brightened up at the thought of being a trainer. “That’s sounds like fun! Jungkook, let’s become trainers and play with the dolphins all day, okay?”

“Maybe for you, but not for me,” Jungkook chuckled. “I’d rather just float around. Maybe even float around with a dolphin. But life of a trainer? Not for me, personally.”

Woohyun laughed. “It’s true - the trainer life isn’t for everyone. But if it’s floating around with a dolphin you want, that can be arranged.” Woohyun dived into the water gracefully, coming back up with smile. “Come on in!”

“Really?” Jungkook asked excitedly. “We can go into the water with the dolphins?”

“Well, why else were you given those wetsuits - for fashion? Of course you get in the water! Hop in and I’ll give you some details on how to play with them.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened in excitement and Sunggyu couldn’t help but chuckle at the boy’s likeness to a child. There was some sort of ambience around them that Sunggyu couldn’t quite put his finger on, but it was comfortable and excited and energetic all at once. He liked it.

Jungkook slipped into the water carefully before helping Yein down also.

The two of them were cute, in Sunggyu’s humble opinion. Perhaps they were a little young to be dating but at the very least, they seemed to genuinely like each other. There was something about their relationship that he wanted for himself. Maybe it was the way they gazed at each other, maybe it was the way the had inside jokes or maybe it was just simply the way they could just bask in each other’s presence and be completely okay. He liked that.

But maybe it was also because Woohyun was swimming in between them, teaching them how to communicate with Finnian and Dewdrop and just looking spectacular in general. His hair dripped with little pearls of water as he spoke to the young couple and laughed with them as he the playful dolphins so preciously. And maybe it was because of his cute smile lines and his adorably crooked teeth that he tried so much to hide. He had admitted that fact embarrassedly to Sunggyu. But Sunggyu liked his crooked teeth. He liked seeing them.

And maybe - just perhaps - it was because he had a small crush on Woohyun; a small, tiny, insignificant crush on Woohyun that was just about as important as strawberries.

Sunggyu, by the way, happened to really love strawberries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well after the dolphin encounter had ended, Sunggyu and Woohyun had gotten together to eat lunch during Woohyun’s break at one of the marine park’s cafes. They sat across from each other, the clear glass table reflecting sunlight into their eyes as they made small talk about random things that crossed their minds. It was comfortable and Sunggyu really liked it.

“Don’t you think it’s kind of ironic,” Sunggyu spoke, “to serve fish sticks at a marine park?”

Woohyun shook his head as he bit into one. “Of course not,” he replied. “We feed the dolphins and whales fish all the time. The sea lions too! It’s not that ironic.”

Sunggyu shrugged. “I suppose so.” He sipped on his water. “Aren’t dolphins and fish the same thing though?”

“No,” Woohyun sang. “Dolphins and whales and such are mammals. They didn’t come from eggs.”

“Oh, that’s right.”

“Sunggyu, that’s basically fifth grade level earth science. Get it together,” he joked.

“Well, excuse me. Forgive me for not remembering fifth grade level earth science.” He chuckled good naturedly and brightened at the sight of Woohyun’s smile. “You should stop hiding your bottom teeth,” he said randomly. “I think they’re cute.”

Woohyun gasped and with an embarrassed blush, immediately went to cover his mouth. “Don’t talk about my teeth!” he hissed. “It’s embarrassing.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “If I’ve told you once then I’ve told you a hundred times - you’re teeth are cute, okay - they’re not embarrassing.”

Woohyun sneered at him before returning to his small plate of fish sticks. “Says you. You’re not the one with crooked teeth.”

It had probably been two weeks ago when Sunggyu and Woohyun were texting and Woohyun had admitted one of his biggest insecurities; his teeth. His bottom teeth, to be specific, because they were slightly crooked. Woohyun had never gotten any braces as a kid so his bottom row of teeth were a little crooked and uneven. Sunggyu hadn’t believed him at first, since he had never seen them. But after Woohyun sent a picture of the said teeth that had plagued him so much, Sunggyu thought they were the cutest things ever. He demanded to see them almost every time they met and it only made Woohyun more embarrassed. But Sunggyu was relentless and reassured him each time that his bottom teeth were adorable.

“Crooked teeth aren’t so bad,” Sunggyu said. “It could be a lot worse, you know. You could have ugly crooked teeth. But yours aren’t ugly. They kind of make you look like a puppy.”

“What kind of puppy has teeth like mine?!”

“You know - pugs.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “I can’t believe you’re still arguing this. My teeth are not cute, alright? I hate them.”

“What are you talking about, Woohyun, they are so cute.”

Stop,” Woohyun whined, “you’re so embarrassing!”

Sunggyu only shrugged as he brought his cup of water up to drink. “You’re the one making a big deal out of it.”

“Ugh, fine. I’ll drop the subject if you drop it, okay? No more talking about my teeth.”

“Fine,” Sunggyu agreed with a lighthearted chuckle. “We’ll drop the subject of your teeth. What would you like to talk about then?”

“Actually I have some exciting news,” Woohyun whispered, leaning closer.

Sunggyu leaned towards him as well and playfully hissed, “Why are we whispering?”

“Because it’s kind of a secret! I’m going to show you something amazing after we finish eating.” He gestured to the last fish stick sitting on his plate.

“That depends on your definition of amazing.” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

“No worries, hyung - it’s going to be amazing. Babies are always amazing.”

“Don’t tell me you’re going to teach babies how to swim next.”

Woohyun gave a coy smirk. “No… these babies don’t necessarily need to be taught how to swim.”

Before Sunggyu even had time to think about what that meant, Woohyun had shoved the final fish stick into his mouth, ran into the cafe’s kitchen to drop of the plate and thanked the chef for the meal. He came back outside and grabbed Sunggyu’s hand energetically.

“Let’s go,” he said excitedly. “I can’t wait for you to see this.”

“Wait - see what? You still haven’t told me where we’re going.” He stood up with some difficulty, as suddenly being dragged around by Woohyun was quite a difficult task. “Where are you taking me?”

“I’m taking you where Sungyeol is right now!”

“Where’s Sungyeol?!”

“He’s with Luma!”

“Who’s Luma?!”

Woohyun only gave a hearty chuckle in response as he nearly dragged Sunggyu across the entire park. And Sunggyu, not being nearly as fit as Woohyun, did his best to keep up. Soon they came to the whale stadium and its large tank. The stands were empty since there was no show and the tank waters were still. Sunggyu guessed they were in the larger tanks behind the stage.

Knowing that Sunggyu didn’t have the best relationship with whales, Woohyun only gripped his hand tighter.

“Don’t worry,” he said. “This will be perfectly fine. You won’t have to get up close and personal at all.”

“I’m not worried,” Sunggyu said. His voice, though, was still a tad shaky. “I’m just… I don’t know. I haven’t been to the whale tank since the incident.”

“But you’re better around water now,” Woohyun reminded. “You’re different than you were then. Perhaps it’s only been a short amount of time, but you’ve still changed for the better since then.”

Sunggyu turned at him to grin. “You think so?”

A flurry of cheers suddenly came from behind the main tank and Sunggyu could only raise an eyebrow in confusion.

“I know so. Luma is in there right now.” Before Sunggyu could ask again, Woohyun said, “Luma, by the way, is Sungyeol’s favorite whale. She was the first one Sungyeol trained with and is the only whale that Sungyeol does his show routine with. She’s like his big baby.”

“Is Luma the reason why a crowd is cheering back there?” he asked playfully.

Woohyun nodded excitedly. “She is! Come on, we should check it out! I mean, we may be a little late, but it’ll be amazing nonetheless.”

Sunggyu laughed as he let Woohyun take him behind the stadium. “You still haven’t exactly told me what this amazing event is.”

But before Woohyun could answer, they were flocked with excited trainers. One blonde trainer in particular had grasped onto Woohyun’s arm excitedly and it made Sunggyu only grip Woohyun’s hand a little tighter.

“Woohyun!” the trainer exclaimed. “You literally just missed it! Everyone is here already!”

“Calm down, Key,” Woohyun laughed. “I know I’m a bit late. But that doesn’t matter so long as we’re here for the honorable guest. Where’s Sungyeol?”

“He’s over at the side of the tank,” Key said. With a laugh he added, “He’s so happy, he’s nearly crying!”

“Really? I have to go see him! Oh, by the way, Key this is Sunggyu. He’s our advertiser.” He gestured over. “Sunggyu this is Kibum; we like to call him Key.”

Sunggyu smiled and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Key replied with an inexpressive smile. “It’s great to finally be meeting our great advertiser.”

Woohyun smiled at their short interaction before tugging Sunggyu along towards the crowd of trainers flocked by the edge of the clear glass. “I can’t wait to see Sungyeol,” he said. “He must be a mess.” He laughed at the single thought.

Woohyun ended up being half correct. When Sungyeol came into view, he was on the verge of spilling happy tears while Dongwoo was at his side, grinning triumphantly. Woohyun rushed over to Sungyeol’s side and surprised him with a giant hug.

Congratulations!” he exclaimed melodically as he lifted Sungyeol off the ground.

Sungyeol nodded in excitement, clasping his hands over Woohyun’s. “Oh, Woohyun I wish you were here to see it! It was amazing! Luma did so well!” He turned towards the glass and placed a tender hand on it. “I’m so proud of my girl!”

Sunggyu gulped as he stared up at the tank’s towering ledge, sloshing water over it dangerously. But a grip from Woohyun’s hand snapped him back to reality.

“Look,” Woohyun said, pointing inside the tank. “That’s Luma.”

Sunggyu peered inside, staring at the giant whale that was at the other side of the tank. She didn’t look so intimidating from this distance. But it wasn’t her large stature that caught his eye. No - it was the unmistakable figure of a smaller whale.

A baby.

“There’s a baby,” Sunggyu whispered, leaning in towards the glass. “A… baby. Woohyun. Luma… gave birth?”

Woohyun leaned in next to him, nodding. “Isn’t it wonderful? We have a brand new addition to our family! Luma had gone into labor two hours ago. The little calf is a girl.”

Sunggyu was silent for a moment, staring in awe at the tiny whale that was already swimming around the tank with its mother close behind. “She’s beautiful,” he whispered.

There was something welcoming about the image before Sunggyu’s eyes. The small whale, who looked so small and delicate compared to its mother, who looked large a regal. It didn’t seem as frightening as the time he had first come into contact with these whales. Of course, the ones he had met were much larger than both Luma and her calf, but he was awestruck nonetheless.

The calf and Luma began swimming around the tank freely and came closer towards their small crowd.

“Does… does the baby have a name yet?” Sunggyu asked suddenly.

Woohyun shook his head. “Nope. Sungyeol is trying to decide one right now.”

It was when the calf had neared Sunggyu and the sound of the chattering trainers dulled into the background that he began to feel a spark in him. He leaned closer towards the glass as the calf neared and Sunggyu was nearly pressed up against the tank when the calf was right in front of him.

It was a little strange - magical, even - to be this close to the calf with the only thing separating them being the thick glass of the tank. The calf was still huge - nearly six feet! - but there was something vulnerable in it that Sunggyu connected to. It was naive and innocent and unknowing of danger, and yet Sunggyu sensed some sort of mischief and intelligence radiating from its dark eyes.

When it swam away Sunggyu tugged on Woohyun’s arm. “Eunsol.”

“Hm?”

“Her name,” he stated. “Name her Eunsol.”

“...Eunsol?” Woohyun repeated.

“Yeah.” Sunggyu stared at the calf, watching her swim away with graceful of its clumsy tail. “Eunsol.”


( A/N ) :

hello and guess who's finally back with a new chapterrrr! <3  haha, sorry it took so long! i've been busy now that's school's started back up again. plus, i've been working on a new woogyu angst oneshot that you can check out here! :D (even though it still hasn't been posted. lol.)

but on the real, don't you find this chapter kind of cute?  I know I do!  i think babies of all kinds are adorabls lolol . i'd also just like to clear up that sunggyu is not quite fearless yet. he's still afraid of water, but is more bearable towards the sight of it now thanks to woohyun's swimming lessons (more like standing in water lessons lol!) and he is now quite enamored with this baby calf (and also woohyun but shhhh) but hopefully now updates will be coming much sooner and you can find out what happens! <3

please subscribe and leave a comment down below! love you all!

~ Quinnie