Room 102

Last Threnody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Daehyun is only remotely aware of his body being tossed around on the bed like a torn ragdoll, limbs alarmingly out of place and tangled with some sort of material he doesn’t quite recognize. He feels numb and breathless and unsure whether the damage that was done is extensive or not, and yet it’s all good, good in away only a person at peace can feel-- Daehyun knows, even in his current state, that he served his purpose well, that whatever happens to him has little meaning now.

 

Only that voice in his ear; that soft and broken and almost wailing sound that resonates in his brain sends a crack in that eerie state of tranquility he’s trapped in, whispering frantically and begging him to stop. That voice.

 

The only one.

 

It’s not like he’ll ever be able to listen. He is safe.

 

‘’Dae…Dae, can you hear me?’’

 

He feels his fingers twitch. It’s quiet, too quiet, and if it wasn’t for the sobbing, he could swear that it was mortuary linen he felt beneath his skin; a coffin embracing his body and calling him into the world of morbid darkness. He wishes it was that easy.

 

‘’Daehyun, please!’’

 

To the lullaby of that sweet voice, his sanity slowly seeps away along with his consciousness.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

102 is a room Taehyung particularly dislikes. Too small, too dark and too sultry around the edges, like a cramped cage covered by a thick rag that makes you suffocate instantly once inside. But most importantly -- it was Youngjae’s room, and the reason behind disliking Youngjae lied so deep within Taehyung he himself wasn’t entirely aware where exactly.

 

He grits his teeth before pushing the door open, already knowing who is inside.

 

‘’It’s not his room,’’ he spits in the general direction of the bed, closing the door behind himself with a loud thud. Fury rises in his chest like a starving monster seeking prey, and when he turns to face them again, he knows exactly just how twisted and ugly his expression is. ‘’Are you happy that he’s slowly killing himself for you, Youngjae?”

 

Taehyung sits on the bed, ignoring the other boy shrinking underneath his accusing gaze. He maneuvers Daehyun’s head onto his own lap gently and presses a gauze to the soft skin of his cheek, cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter