Unnamed characters 1

Don't we all love food?
'You do realise I'm pushing you away right?'
He looks down, trying to minimise any eye contact with her. Her eyes, they look deep into him, as if she knew all his secrets.

'Why?' he sighed.

'Because I am scared.'

An awkward silence ensues.

'I'm scared I'll like you more than I should, more than I'm allowed to.'

She starts meddling with the watch on her left wrist.

'I'm scared I'll like you way more than you'll ever like me. I'm scared I'll get really possessive over you. I'm scared I'll get hurt when the truth kicks in and I realise you're never gonna be just mine.'

She stops meddling with her watch, her hands going up to her face. He looks up at her and realise her eyes are starting to brim with tears, a stark contrast to the calmness her voice portrays.

'I'm scared.... no, I am terrified.'
She looks up at him. The tears clearing up now. 

'And now I'm scared after telling you all this, I'll lose you as a close friend. That I'll lose our friends, because you were friends before I came into the picture.'

Staring at him, her vision becomes a blurry mess. She quickly dabs away the tears, and it's clear again. 

'I'm glad I had the chance to tell you what I think.'

She stood up and left, trying not to think about what he might feel.
 
-
 
A/N
I wrote this on a whim, from an emotional day, hence no definite characters, but they can be whoever you want them to be :)