Zelo 1 - Part 1

Don't we all love food?

"Noona, come here, let's go!" Junhong's eyes lit up in a wide eye smile and he pulled my hands, a silent urge to get me to follow him. 

A soft laughter wafted from the playroom. "Aigoo, Junhong ah! You can't play Pokemon like that, let me show you!" I stretched my hand over to offer my assistance but this scowling little boy just slapped it away. "Kwaenchanha, I can do it on my own! I'll find a way out!" 

It has been about 6 years since I've seen him, and he's changed quite a lot. He's no longer the fat, obnoxious boy I thought I knew... Wait, let me correct that, he is still pretty obnoxious at times, just that he has grown up to be of another calibre entirely now. He is definitely gotten past a good pubertal stage.  Though somehow, he has more aegyo now that the first 12 years of his life, before he moved. 

The character, whom he affectionately named Zelo, kept walking. Right into the barriers. Bump. Turn around. Bump. Turn around. Bump. "UGH WHY CAN'T THIS STUPID CHARACTER JUST GO UP THE HILL THE WAY HE WENT DOWN!!!" He threw you a helpless glance. It was frustrating watching the poor boy struggle with a game. 

So, right now right here, there was this towering giant pulling my hand to god knows where and I hadn't been paying attention. He barely said much except a murmur of instructions to himself, seemingly the directions to his destination. An old habit, I noted.  

Realizing that it was pretty dark, I blinked my eyes once. Twice. I wiggled my hand from his grasp to rub my eyes and adjust them to the darkness. My sudden actions might have had startled him. 

He turned back, and if I could see him clearly, I could tell he had an utter look of confusion thrown onto his face. 

"What's wrong, Noona?"  

"Junhong, where are we going? It's dark in here..." 

"Just trust me, c'mere," he held out his hand. 

When he saw that I didn't reach out, he attempted to grab it. I dodged him. 

"Noona?"  

"Uh" I hesitated. Should I or should I not tell him. I should, right? I should. "I don't like the atmosphere of this place. I hate dark places. Please just tell me where we're going." 

Without a word, he positioned himself behind me and hugged me. "Okay if you're scared, we'll walk like this then. Just walk, I'll steer you like a car!" Ugh, I rolled my eyes, he was not getting it. 

I tried fighting against his grip, but it was of no use. He made it seem so effortless in fighting off my struggles. I sighed in defeat. I am just gonna have to find out later. 

"Does the petty little prince want help now?" I eyed over his head. "Yknow if I were you, I would have gotten out of there a long time ago." 

"Then help me! This is killing me!" 

Oh boy, this was gonna be fun. I contemplated actually giving him advice but yknow, things are more exciting when you just watched... 

"Mmmmhmm, nah. My offer to help was a one time deal only. You're on your own now mister." 

He shot me a death glare, and defiantly cursed me under his breath before attempting to push me away. "Ugh if you're not gonna help, get out!" 

"If you can get me a boyfriend, I'll help." I winked. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Of my age." I emphasized, just in case he had other thoughts. He went back to scowling. Ah so fun, teasing people is so fun. 

"We're gonna get you a boyfriend," he chuckled. My eyes widened. I turned to look at him, sorry I meant look up at him and he gave me the most innocent puppy dog eyes ever, like it was the most innocent thing to say.  

Just as I was about to voice out my thoughts, he let go of me and ran towards a door. I stopped and looked around. We seem to be at the basement of some building. A car park basement? It was almost deserted, the car park itself only gracing the presence of a couple of worn out cars.  

"Noona, bbali!" I turned back to where he ran and now I see light emerging from behind the door. Which explains why I could now see the place around me better. The air to this place seemed filthy and, I don't know, strange. I looked back at Junhong, and slowly, walked over, my arms crossed. I shivered.  

I considered killing him. Not like anyone would find out anyway right.