Zelo 1 - Part 2

Don't we all love food?

"Noona, you're not planning to kill me, are you?" The lanky boy piped up, feebly offering his hand to guide the way. I raised my eyebrows, amused at the fact Junhong could read my mind. I mouthed a maybe and took his hand.

He led me into the room, which was surprisingly much more decent than the rest of the surrounding area it was in. It was actually a small two level apartment, with another exit on the second level. Yes, the first thing I did when I entered the room was to find another escape route.

"Where does that door lead to?" I pointed unashamedly.

His arms raised up in defense, mouth agape. "What? I'm not gonna do anything to you!"

"There is another exit, which I assume is another entrance as well, that probably leads to the first level of the building we're on, which I noticed was a very non-shady way of entering and you brought me through the basement door?" 

"It was fun terrorizing you," he muttered and shuffled, just in time to dodge a flying kick.

Despite that nasty introduction to the deserted basement, the apartment was cozy. It's interior designed in such a way that seems to be conducive with walls in a shade of sky blue and pastel yellow, and from the ceiling hung a couple of rows of origami cranes, and an out-of-place disco ball. The level we're on had a bookshelf filled with highschool textbooks beside what seems to be a study area. There was a divider, and behind the divider was a huge plasma tv supported by a washed out media unit, with a huge L-shaped sofa slightly far from the tv set. The second level hosted a small kitchen area, and a balcony.

I was in awe, even my house was not so well organised. Junhong ran out the door, and before I could protest about leaving me here alone, I realised that I might as well enjoy my alone time here. I browsed through the bookshelf and was thrilled to find that they had the entire collection of novels by my favourite author, and so grabbing a book, I launched myself onto the sofa and began reading.

It might have been a good 30 minutes or so when I heard the front door open and voices I didn't know. They were accompanied by fumbling feet and the crinkle of plastic bags. I didn't hear Junhong's voice, who are these people?

Peering out from behind the divider, I counted 5 boys at the kitchen. All of them with varying hair colours, all of them with dinstinct facial uniqueness. One had a gummy smile, one with very well shaped eyes, one with really one with really cute nose, one with adorable aegyosal and one with a mole on his nose. They had settled down several plastic bags full of... groceries? I squinted harder, did those boys just come back from the supermarket? Well, isn't that weird...

"Hyung... why is there a girl in this house?" 

And at that same time, I fell out from behind the divider. Way to go for being discreet, girl, way to go. I cursed under my breath. One by one, the boys ascended down the stairs in a defensive stance. But all at once, they shot me down with an endless supply of questions.

"Who are you?"
"Why are you here?"
"How old are you?"
"Where do you stay?"
"What school are you from?"
"I can't believe.... ARE YOU HOLDING MY BOOK?"

All the other boys turned to face the one with the cute nose, "Youngjae! That is not the concern now?" And as swift as they had turned their attention towards me, they turned their attention towards him and began knocking his head because dang, even I had to admit, he deserved it. I chuckled in amusement. 

Just then the door flung open, and with a thud, tall lanky figure stepped into the scene with his skateboard. Everyone turned to face the new intruder.

"I see you guys have met my friend," he grinned a hearty smile, his eyes disappearing into a thin line. The one with adorable aegyosal was the first one to turn towards me. He cocked his head slightly and raised an eyebrow. Walking towards me, he extended his hand in what seems to be a gesture of a welcome. I looked at his hand and back at him. "Well, are we going to introduce ourselves or not? I am Jung Daehyun."

 

//

 

A little background note, the first part of the story was actually a fragment of my dreams, so I decided to shift it around and make it into a story. And somehow, I ended up with this place being their hang out and whoo, the appearance of the other five boys and hopefully I can wrap this up by the next chapter and it the ending is different from what I thought it should have been hahah whoops

 

yes is anybody reading this? Please let me know what you think!