One

Becoming The Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

Little Sulli was sitting in the car, swinging her legs back and forth waiting for the car to stop. Sulli fixes her glasses and hummed a sweet tune as she looked outside the vehicle. Sulli like to wear her hair in pigtails and wear simple plaid skirt. She was not like the other rich girls with class and money. Sulli likes spending her time with books and animals. Her father called her Belle like the princess and said she will end up with Prince Charming herself.

“Sulli are you excited to see the Prince?”  Sulli’s mother Sooyoung said. Little Sulli shook her head “Are perhaps excited for the food or the dance?” Sooyoung asked hoping her daughter would say yes, however Sulli shook her head “Well you are very happy, so tell me” Sooyoung pinched her mother cheek.

“The king and his friends are going to be there. I want to talk to the minister of literature; maybe he can give me beautiful words” Sulli squeaked and bounced from her chair. Sooyoung was not pleased with all with her daughter answer; she leaned back on the seat and sighed.

“Honestly I wanted a girl who will like to dance, go shopping and have tea parties. Instead, I get a six-year-old genius” Sooyoung looks at her husband sitting next to her. “Henry this is your entire fault, why did you always read to her at night” Sooyoung cross her arms. Henry leaned into his wife and gave a small kiss on the lips.

When they finally arrived at the palace, their car door was open by a butler. Henry stepped out first and held out his hand for his wife, Sooyoung. Then hopped out little Sulli, she fix her dress from the wrinkles sitting in the car. When she looks up, Sulli mouth dropped and her eyes widen. Sulli could not believe what she was seeing. The only word that went through Sulli head was magnificent. She smiled radiantly as she followed her parents into the mansion.

As the three walked into the main hall, a man on their right called out their names. Henry kissed his wife and told he would see her later and that he has some business to attend. Sooyoung smiled at her husband and then walk to a group of ladies who were her friends. “Ladies I will like you to meet my daughter” Sooyoung stepped aside and showed off her daughter to her friends.

“Ohh what a cutie pie she is” One of the ladies pinch Sulli cheek making Sulli very uncomfortable. Sulli did not like how people treated her as a kid. Sulli was able to a have a full conversation with a professor, she would go to her father’s work and speak to the university students. Sulli speaks better than most girls her age, surprising most adults. “My little Jimin is in the garden with the other children” Sulli looks up to her mom. Sooyoung nods letting her daughter go with the other kids. Sulli bows before she leaves her mother and her friends to talk.

Sulli walks around the hall trying to find the way out into the garden. She notices a certain man at the cocktail table, without knowing she walks up to the man and pulls on his sleeve. The man looks at her and raises his eyebrow, he then bends down to her level “Are you lost little girl?” The man smiled at Sulli, but she shakes her head.

Sulli sticks out her hand and straightens her back “Minister Park, I am your greatest fan of your work. My father would sometimes read your poetry to me before bed” Sulli smiled brightly. Minister Park stand up and chuckles, he ruffles Sulli’s hair making her frown and glare at the old man “Can you please not do that” Sulli frowned.

“Now what can I do for my greatest fan?” The Minister asks. Both walk to the side of the room where they were able to talk.

“Do you think you can give me a copy of the brother’s grim story for my birthday?” Sulli asked shocking the minister. Both sat down at the side talking about the brother’s grim. “My father reads to them at night, they are better than the fairy tale stories nowadays” Sulli the huffed some hair and cross her arm. The minister patted her head and chuckled “I’m serious, I bet you the Prince is nothing like those stories.”

“You know I am a prince as well as my son Jongin. I bet if you talked to him your view on Prince will change” Minister then pointed to someone across the room “There is my son” Sulli bit down on her lip.

“Of course he is cute but I bet his personality is totally wrong” Sulli started to be stubborn.

The minister called his Jongin over “Jongin” He called out loud. Jongin sees Sulli next to his father, he then politely bows “Why don’t you take Sulli out to your friends and show her a nice time” The minister lightly pushes Sulli of the chair “Go on have fun” Minister winked at Sulli who became red in the face.

“Remember my BIRTHDAY!” Sulli shoots have she is then dragged outside to the backyard.

“Did you really have to interrupt my father, today the parents will be finding who is the crown prince will be marrying and who in the royal family will be marrying as well.” Jongin looks down; he didn’t know if he wanted his wife choose out for him.

“Aren’t you young?” Sulli asked. Jongin flicks Sulli forehead “Owe” She whine.

“Not now, but in the future. Whoever the crown princess will be she will have to study hard. I feel sorry whoever it is, she won’t have any normal life again” Jongin kicks the pebble on the ground. “But let’s have fun” Jongin pulls Sulli into a crowd of children. “Everyone this is Sulli” Jongin waits at the back of the crowd as everyone stops to look at her.

“Hello” Sulli looks at a boy looking at her coldly; he is surrounded by girls who wear fancy jewellery. “Are you here to beg me to choose you as my Crown Princess?” the crown prince turns his head slightly and raises his eyebrow.

“My name is Choi Sulli, and I want to wish you a happy birthday” Sulli stick out her hand to the prince waiting for him to shake it. Instead she receives a chuckle from him causing a chain of laughter from everyone one else “I-I got you a pr-present, I think you will l-love” Sulli stuttered.

“She scared” Someone burst out laughing.

“Look at her dress, where did she get forever poor” another girl commented. Sulli looked at the crown prince and waited for him to say something. She kept her head up high hoping they would see her not being affect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter