VI

Soulmate #1.


Our conversation is cut off by a knock on the door. Few seconds after the door opens and the head of the nurse from the cardio ward peeks into the room
“Sorry to interrupt, Dr. Seo, but Dr. Lee asked you to see him as soon as you have time.”
“Thank you, Soojung. Tell him I’ll be there in twenty minutes.” The nurse nods and closes the door.
“So where were we, Miss Jung?”
“She’s alive.”
“Excuse me?”
“My friend, Krystal, she is alive!”
“Did you see her again?”
“Yes! And so did you. You just spoke to her.”
“Who are you talking about?”
“The nurse! The nurse is Krystal.”

nurse

"You do realise that in order to stay in this hospital you actually have to work?" I ask as I watch Luhan solving a crossword at the other side of the table.
"Relax, I'm on lunch break."
"Your lunch break ended 40 minutes ago." Luhan lifts his eyes from the crossword at my comment.
"Oh don't be such a killjoy. How about you tell me what is a sailors favourite liquor?"
"How many letters?"
"Um... three."
"Rum?"
"Have I told you I love you?"
"If your love goes as far as this then I'd rather not have it." I sigh.

“Okay, what’s with the long sighs?” He says as he places his pencil besides the crossword and faces me fully.
“I feel so lost.”
“What do you mean?”
“Remember the patient whose session you walked into?”
“The model-like one?”
“Yes, that’s the one. So basically from everything she told me I concluded that her mind made up an imaginary friend for her.”
“Quite strange to have an imaginary friend at that age.”
“So I have thought. But it turns out that her imaginary friend isn’t that imaginary after all.”
“What? It came to life?” Luhan laughs.
“Yes. In the form of the cardio ward nurse.”
“Soojung? As in Jung Soojung?”
“Yes. There must be a reason for Miss Jung to have Soojung as her imaginary friend, but I can’t think of any.”
“Well maybe they knew each other.”
“I’ve already asked them both. Soojung claims that it is the first time she saw her and Miss Jung claims that she has only seen Soojung in the form of Krystal.”
“Well maybe they don’t remember meeting each other?”
“What do you have in mind?”
“Well remember how you told me about the mind tricks and how easy it is change our recollections?”
“You think somebody changed their memories?”
“No. What I mean is that maybe they have met each other, but they don’t recognize each other.”
"That might be possible if in her mind she saw her as a child. But she didn't, otherwise she wouldn't have recognised her."
"But there is a possibility that her mind created an image of what Soojung might look like as an adult. For example, if she really knew Soojung when she was young then maybe she used Soojung's family members features and created a fictional adult Soojung."
“Hm. That might actually be true. When did you become so smart?”
“I have always been this smart, you’ve just probably been too distracted by my good looks to notice it.” He laughs and catches the eraser I throw at him “Don't push your luck." 
I roll my eyes and smile.
"Hey, don’t write on those, use your crossword for doodling.” I say as I notice him taking my sticky notes and writing something on one of them.
“Relax, Joohyun. I’ll buy you all of the sticky notes that you wish for."
“Oh really? Looks like I found myself a sugar daddy.” I comment as a grin welcomes my face.
“Daddy? Sounds , if you ask me.”
“Way to ruin the romance, Romeo.”
“Oh, I’m sorry. Well your knight in shinning armor has to go check on his horses. But here” he reaches over the table and pastes the sticky note on my forehead.
“Really?How old are you? Five?” 
I ask plainly as I take off the sticky note.
“4 and 3 quarters” He winks and walks out the door.
As soon as he closes the door I look at down at the note:
’My mood isn’t the only thing that goes up when I see you’
"How promiscuous
" I utter a chuckle as I scrunch up the note and throw it into the waste bin.


wow, i'm so fast.
sorry, been depressed lately because of health issues and graduation coming. hopefully this chapter didn't disappoint you loves!