Timeless

Timeless

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Timeless

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Flaming Charisma, Almighty Key, Is the mission cleared?” A masculine voice talked into the small microphone that was hooked on to the collar of his black shirt. When he received no reply, like usual, he began to grow worried for his partners. That was one of the ‘perks’ to being an assassin.    

Covered hands gripped tightly on to the steering wheel of the camouflaged car and he started to whistle softly, in attempt to calm himself down. But found as time passed, he would grow more worried. “Do you see them on screen, Cold Cuts?” He questioned the person to his right. 

He looked over and saw that the screen remained in its snowy-state, just like it had been for the previous hour and a half. “There they are!” A voice spoke from behind them, making him sped over to the two figures that stepped out of the house. 

“What took you guys so long?” He complained, as the two entered the car. They were obviously tired from their previous activity, as they only replied with pants. “Flaming Charisma over here didn’t want to call for back up so we had to find a way to kill them off without being killed ourselves. There were traps practically everywhere!” Almighty Key whined, as he strapped on his seat belt. “Where are we going now, Prehistoric Bling?” He asked the drive of the car.

“We can stop using code names you know,” He said, clearly not happy with his code name. 

“Okay, Jonghyun where are we going now?” Key asked him, he swiftly thanked Taemin when he treated his wounds, no matter how much of a messy job he had done. Key was too tired to nag him. 

“Drop me off here,” Minho ordered Jonghyun, when they reached a familiar place. Jonghyun nodded and swivelled the car to the right. “Tell Ae Sook I say hi,” 

Minho briefly glared at him before he exited the car, “Tell her yourself.” He said before he slammed the car door shut. "Its not like you won't see her at home.." 

“A thank you would have been nice,” Jonghyun grumbled. “Was it a messy kill?” He asked Key who nodded furiously. “He really needs to learn how to rely on others.” Onew spoke from beside him. 

Jonghyun flashed the two an apologetic smile, “He’s been like that all his life. He’s not used to working with other people yet,” He explained to them. 

Key rolled his eyes; his mouth opened in attempt to speak, but got interrupted when four cell phones went off at the same time. “Two missions in one night?” Key whined, as he took out his phone and froze when he saw what had been sent to him. 

“Minho hyung’s last name is Choi, right?” Taemin asked him. The atmosphere grew tense as the boys re-read their messages. Jonghyun’s expression grew hard. His mouth was pursed into a thin line and his eyes focused on the glass screen. “I’ll do this mission by myself.” He informed the group. 

All three members tried to protest, but Jonghyun silenced them. “Minho will hate you for the rest of your lives if you take this mission upon yourselves.” He told them. 

“It’s a suicide mission, and he happens to be your best friend. So if anything, he’ll resent you the most.” Onew’s expression grew grim at the thought of what the flaming charisma would do when he found out what their new mission was. “I‘ll figure something out. In the mean time, you guys better prepare yourselves for the worst.” Jonghyun quickly said.

He tossed his phone aside and sped off into the darkness. On the screen of the phone was written, Mission: Kill the Choi Family and beside it was a picture of Minho and his family. 

I won’t let anything happen to you or your family, Minho. Jonghyun thought as he drove, his hands gripped the steering wheel tight. I’d rather die.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jonghyun entered through the black gates and cringed when he saw many decapitated bodies sprawled lifelessly on the hard cement floor.  

“Everyone’s...been murdered already,” Jonghyun said to no one in particular. He had dropped the other three men off somewhere else, so he had no one to talk anyways. 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he bolted through the mansion, he stood horrified as he watched the people who rescued him when he was a child get shot all over their body- even though they laid on the floor void of any life. Jonghyun took out his handgun and killed the foreign bodies in the room before they could do anything else. He checked to see if he had enough bullets and silently cursed when he saw that he was fresh out. I’ll survive..Hopefully. He searched the mansion, as he tried to find the bodies of his best friend and his lover. Please be alive.  

He was about to step inside one of their rooms when he heard a scream from below. He instantly recognized that scream and quickly made his way downstairs. “Thank goodness you’re alive!” Jonghyun felt relieved, but froze when Minho had suddenly pointed a gun at him. 

“What did you do?!” Minho yelled at him. Jonghyun froze and looked at him, “What are you talking about?” His eyes widened when realization hit him. “You think i killed them? I –“ 

“What did you do?!” Minho asked again, this time his voice was louder and contained more anger than before. 

Jonghyun tried to explain himself once more, but Minho had interrupted him again. “Shut up!” He furiously said. He too, like Jonghyun was trying to figure everything out at the moment.

“Oppa, What are you doing?” Ae Sook, his younger sister asked him. She lost her balance and fell to her knees when she saw the gun that was pointed to Jonghyun. “What are you talking about Minho?” Jonghyun questioned the younger boy.

Minho snarled at him before he threw his phone over to Jonghyun. Jonghyun looked down and his eyes widened when he saw what Minho was talking about. He pressed ‘play’ and watched in agony as the family who practically raised him were being murdered, He watched as countless of people got shot and decapitated, as they screamed in agony. He flinched when he heard their screams, more particularly, it was his name that they were screaming. No wonder Minho had been so angry, he thought that Jonghyun had killed his family.  

It was all just a misunderstanding.

 Jonghyun noticed despite everything that it was a quiet night. The only sounds that were heard were the irregular chirps of a cricket and the sound of wind blowing through the cracked glass window of the room. Jonghyun glanced at his best friend Minho from across the dishevelled room. His eyes trailed lower, as he stared at the black handgun that had been pointed to him.

How did he end up in such a position? Jonghyun wondered, his eyes were fixated on the dark metal. Jonghyun knew that it was in his best interest to keep his mouth shut, so he did not say a word. He did not try to change his best friend’s mind because he knew that Minho’s decisions were always finalized. He never did have second thoughts in anything he did, which was why he was such a great assassin.

Jonghyun turned his attention to the dainty figure that knelt beside Minho. Her long wavy hair clung to her figure as she wept. Her hands covered her face and her back faced him, further preventing him from being able to see her beautiful face one last time.

 Jonghyun could feel his heart break with every sob she made. She did not deserve to cry so hard. Ae Sook was her name, and she stood true to her namesake. She was pure and loving, despite the cruel reality that she lived in.   

“Oppa..Please don’t kill him!” Ae Sook pleaded to her older brother for the umpteenth time that night. She winced as random fibres of glass had burrowed further into her knees. 

Minho looked at the teary face of his sister. His face had been void of any emotion, but his eyes contained an abundance of anger, fury and hatred. Ae Sook whimpered from his intense stare. Minho then averted his gaze back to his traitor of a best friend and lifted the gun higher than ever. 

Jonghyun knew than he was aiming for his head. He too, just like Minho could not help but feel betrayal coursing through his veins. He looked into Minho’s eyes. Jonghyun could feel the intense hatred and confusion that Minho felt. 

Jonghyun wanted to explain to him that it wasn’t him who killed everyone. That he had been framed. But he knew that he stubborn, hard-headed boy would never listen to him. Explaining things to Minho would be as good as trying to talk his way out of this situation. 

“You’re a murderer.” Minho started as he tightened his grip around the handle of the gun. Venom was laced in every syllable and every word. “I know and you are one too.” Jonghyun’s blunt reply had caught the two siblings off guard. Minho felt blood boil, Jonghyun had almost killed his entire family, yet no signs of rejection were evident in his expression.  

“You killed the people who had practically raised you. You killed the people who took out from the streets when you were an orphan. You killed the people who trained you to become an assassin so that you could avenge your parents’ deaths. You killed my family.” Minho was never one to get emotional, but his voice could not help but to crack as he spoke.

“I didn’t-!” 

“-Shut up!” Minho had interrupted him. And With that, Jonghyun snapped his mouth shut. He was at a loss for words at how hard-headed Minho was being at the moment.  

 Countless number of thoughts ran through Ae Sook’s head, She was so confused at what was going on. “Oppa, Don’t...Kill..Him...Just hear him out.” She held the fabric of the hem of his pants in her hands and gently pulled on it as she spoke.

Minho glared at Jonghyun,   “Get out of here.” He spoke, but not to Jonghyun. Ae Sook knew that it was directed to her, but she did not make a move to exit the room. “Get out!” He screamed. Ae Sook jumped at his harsh tone, not used to the way he was speaking to her. Never in her life did he talk to her so roughly. 

“No.” She firmly said. Minho let out a frustrated yell before he his finger pulled on the trigger. Minho did not know what else to do. Everyone knew what had been coming next, and Minho did not want her to see him kill the love of her life. The last thing he wanted was for his sister to hate him forever.

Lightening struck the ground outside the house and temporarily lit the room. Jonghyun felt the metal bullets pierce through his flesh and imbed themselves in his ribcage. He looked down at his chest and watched as his blood made a fresh red trail among the dried up splatters on his previously white dress shirt. 

Jonghyun’s vision became hazy as his knees had met with the ground and as he fell face-forward on to the cold wooden floors of the room. He could hear Ae Sook screaming his name over and over again. The familiar sound of a gun firing had reached his ears. He grimaced when he heard Minho gasp for air and as the sound of two more bodies hit the floor. 

Jonghyun cringed in pain when he felt his body being roughly turned over. He was hoisted on top of Ae Sook’s comfortable lap. Jonghyun opened his eyes and looked at the white ceiling that hung above them. He could not find himself to look at her face.

Jonghyun did not know if it had been caused because of the unbearable pain in his chest, but flashbacks had started to play on the ceiling, as if it was a wide movie screen. Jonghyun watched as every memory that he ever made with Ae Sook and Minho rolled on the ‘screen.’ Jonghyun felt a bubbling sensation on his chest as the scenes replayed themselves over and over again. 

Ae Sook watched placed her hand on his face. Jonghyun looked away from the ceiling and at the person he loved with every fibre of his being.  Her eyes held warmth, something that had not been apparent in Minho’s cold ones. Jonghyun took in everything he could about her at his last moment.

His heart hurt when he saw the gunshot wound on her chest. Her chest rose up as she breathed irregularly. The couple shook from the pain, “Why?” He asked her. Ae Sook smiled bitterly, “Because no matter what I will always love you.” She said with much difficulty. 

Jonghyun coughed and cringed when he saw specks of his blood land on her beautiful face. “Heaven would be hell without you.” She whispered to him, her tears landed on his cheek and mingled with the blood that trickled down his mouth as it fell. She leant down and kissed him gently. Despite the blood that had een trickling down his mouth.  

Jonghyun closed his eyes and kissed her back. “I’m sorry,” He weakly whispered to her. His breathing had become slow and Jonghyun could feel himself slipping away into the darkness. Ae Sook said nothing, but kissed him harder. Tears profusely spilled from her eyes and she held him tighter to her body. 

“I love you.”

I close my eyes and she is all i see. Her smiling face brightens this field of dreams. The strong wind blows across this field of bright flowers where we first met. From over her shoulder, i see my best friend’s smiling face as well. They both shine brightly underneath the everlasting sun. “I love you,” Her voice a hushed whisper as she spoke. Crystal tears trickle down her cheeks and land on the long white Sunday dress that she wore when we first met. I blink and her figure slowly fades. Soon after she disappears, the colourful flowers wilt and everything turns into a dark pool of nothingness. I look around and find that i am all alone.

This is the end.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Dear Readers,
I hope that you enjoyed my latest creation >:3
It was fun to write C:

Please comment and subscribe~~~~ <3 :"]

Have a nice week everyone!!!! <3
 

The Winter Fairy,
 

andiee: Thank you!! :] I hope the story was to your liking? :]

pinkdiamond: Thank you for being the frst to subscrbe to my story :] I really appreciate it ^^ I hope you liked it? :]