Dangerous

Fighting Rumors

Taemin soothed the Dragon gently, running his palm up and down the beast's scales. His right hand gripped into the sword and he muttered soft comforts. "It's going to be okay, it's okay." 

 

With his other palm giving some pressure, he tugged the sword outwards and Onew gave a weak pained cry, choking up heaves and coughs. He turned his head away slightly as if pleading Taemin not to touch the impaled sword anymore. The Dragon was hacking up for air because the sword was obstructing his airway. 

 

"I know it hurts!" Taemin had to shout over the painful noises the Dragon was making. "I know it hurts but it will be easier when it's out!" 

 

Onew gave an agonizing cry, shaking the cave's interior. Shaking and crying as he clawed the rocks weakly. 

 

"Trust me, Onew, I'd make it better." The Dragon was wheezing and his eyes were pleading for Taemin to stop the pain. To just end his pain. It was visibly difficult for the creature to breathe with that fatal wound. 

 

"It's going to be okay," Taemin said in a lower tone, stepping closer to the Dragon once again. "I'll make it better," he promised. Taemin started rubbing soothing circles on the Dragon's scales. Onew gave a soft whine, knowing well that Taemin was trying to calm it down just so to attempt to remove the sword once again. It wasn't that Onew didn't trust Taemin to be helping him, but the pain was too sharp, too agonizing to simply ignore, and Taemin knew that. It was painful even watching the Dragon struggle against the weapon, much less having it lodged in down his throat. 

 

Onew tried to drag his tail forward, to hold Taemin in his embrace once more but the wounds were littered down his entire body and each movement of his muscles ached and burned. The Dragon found himself helpless but to cry and Taemin's heart broke at the sight and sounds the Dragon was releasing. 

 

"Onew…" Taemin soothed, providing the Dragon with as much a hug as he could. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it's my fault. It was my fault that you got hurt." 

 

"Just let me fix it. Everything will be better, I promise," Taemin pleaded. Fat heavy droplets of tears fell to the ground and the Dragon squeezed out a weak whine. Taemin took the opportunity to tug at the sword once more, other palm rubbing soothing circles. 

 

Onew gave another cry, gasping and wheezing. He gave a few weak hacking coughs. He whined softly but choked up and started hacking up coughs again. Taemin squeezed his eyes shut, unable to stand watching the Dragon suffering so badly. He tried to block out the sounds but the Dragon's coughs were wet and breathless. 

 

The Dragon was not protesting anymore. Taemin tried to tell himself it was because the Dragon understood and trusted him, but he knew it was because the Dragon was in too much pain and much too weak to protest. Taemin opened his eyes to see the Dragon's chin in blood, the ground before him for the next 5 meters was charred black. Taemin watched Onew cough once more, a breath of fire bursting out followed by droplets of blood. It was only then, that Taemin really felt the weight of Onew's injuries. He remembered the grounds outside the cave, how everything was charred black and burnt. Taemin could imagine the Dragon letting his pain show by blowing out fire when he was stabbed. It was almost as if Onew knew that his Master was outside the cave, and had suppressed the fire as much as his aching throat could handle. 

 

More coughs, more blood. Taemin gulped, the Dragon was coughing up blood. How did he believe that he could fix this? How is he supposed to heal the Dragon's damaged throat? 

 

Taemin placed his hand firmly on the shaking Dragon and with closed eyes, he pulled the sword all the way out. Onew gave a weak cry and then it was silent. Taemin gave it a second, waiting for the coughs, the cries. He gave it another second, waiting for the whines and gasps. Taemin didn't wait the third second because he knew that something was wrong. 

 

He opened his eyes and looked at the Dragon in hopes that his gut feelings were wrong. "Onew," Taemin whispered, his palm rubbing against scales softly. "Hey, buddy, it's out," Taemin whispered. He could still feel the beast trembling beneath his palm, but the once lively Dragon laid there unresponsive to his voice and touch. 

 

"Hey, talk to me," Taemin pleaded. "Say something, please." Taemin rushed to face the Dragon, it's eyes still letting out streaks of tears but they were shut. It was breathing in choppy weak breaths. Taemin removed his shirt and gathered up tears. Pressing the cloth against the now open wound, Taemin started to sing softly for the Dragon as if it were a lullaby so that the beast could rest comfortably. 

 

No one's ever seen you properly before
They say the moment our eyes meet is the end, 
To them you're nothing but trouble, the rumors are double, they're running wild 

Danger Danger Danger 

 

You're someone that can't be approached, so dangerous it's prohibited 
But who's really ever found out for sure 
Are you really Danger Danger Danger? 

 

The more magnificent you are the more thorns you have 
I know well that I can't ever catch you 
But that just makes me want to confirm your danger- dangerous 
You're so Dangerous 

 

Boom up the exaggerated words 
In my eyes that's the real Monster 
They attack you viciously, constantly in danger 
Aggressively Danger 

 

You're driven into the darkness by violence without form 
Before I knew it I've been assimilated into you 
Now it's really 
Danger Danger Danger 

 

The more magnificent you are the more thorns you have 
I know well that I can't ever catch you 
But that just makes me want to confirm your danger-dangerous 
You're so Dangerous 

 

I'm looking for Danger 
It's as if I'm frozen
 
The moment our eyes meet, you're perfectly beautiful I can't breathe, 
I'm still as if I've been nailed to a wall 
Your gaze burrows deep into me 
That moment I saw it, the wound you've suffered
 
You painfully smile towards me 

 

Towards the brilliant blinding light 
Desire for you whispers to me 
Even if it's more dangerous I will protect you, my one and only Dangerous 
You're so Dangerous Dangerous 
You're so Dangerous Dangerous
 

 

Taemin sang softly, sadly, as he continued wiping down the unconscious Dragon's other wounds.

 

 

 

 

 


I never realized how perfect Dangerous was for this fic until I had Taemin sing for Onew and I was looking for a song to fit the lines. I opened my shinee lyrics app and the 1st thingi did was search the wss album because of the whole au. I clicked on Dangerous and holy the lyrics are perfect. I never did search them before but this fits the entire story line. How the rumors are the real monsters, how people are afriad of Onew because they think he is dangerous, how Onew was wounded and smiled sadly at Taemin and how Taemin wants to protect Onew. It's almost like I used the song to write the fic but I really just realized the coincidence now when I was finishing this chapter. 

 

I wanted to update this earlier but I couldn't get net in the airport. I'm finally home! Yay! But I have school tomorrow. :(