02. The Unknown

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

02. The Unknown

 

 

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?” I retorted, “I’ve been obviously kidnapped by you guys so you better have a good explanation why you were gossiping about me in front of me.”

“It’s going to take a while. Why don’t we get you breakfast before explaining,”

 


 

 

It felt awkward eating with seven boys. I always ate alone after I turned 15, so it felt weird to have this much noise at the dinner table.

“Let go, it’s mine!”

“Nu-uh Kookie, it’s mine!”

Jungkook and V were fighting over the last piece of kimbbap, or were until J-Hope ate it in front of their faces. It was quite funny watching them eat and the conversations with them were entertaining.

“So, what do you want to know about us?” asked the pale boy named Suga. The room went quite as everyone stared at me with curious eyes.

“Who or, what are you?” I replied.

“We aren’t humans,” answered Rap Monster. “We are from a planet called Bangtan, several galaxies away from the Milky Way. Our people possess supernatural powers in which we use to defend our planet from neighbouring planets that don’t particularly like us. We came down to Earth a few hundred years ago because our planet was under attack so we took refugee here but they followed us as well.

“In the process of coming to Earth, our governor, Jo Kwon and his wife, who gave birth to a baby girl, were kidnapped and taken to the Reversal Boarder, a place that divides our planet from Uverworld which is the most dangerous planet of our galaxy. Their child on the other hand, is missing. As their royal guardians, we were sent to search for their daughter in order to restore our planet.”

“The problem is that the two have not named their daughter yet and it seems that the governor of Uverworld is also looking for her,” continued J-Hope, “He sent down these things called the Unknown, who are hungry for power.”

“So, those ‘people’ who broke into my house are called the Unknown?” I questioned, earning a nod from the seven boys.

“The little green flames that you saw were spirits of our people. The green flames contain energy and supernatural powers of the person who died. It’s crucial that we put seals on them before the Unknown decided to gobble them up and become even more powerful. Also, Earthlings, as we like to call your people, cannot see, hear or make physical contact with us which I find it really intriguing that you seem to be the only one who can do so.”

“How is it that?” probed Jungkook, leaning forward to take a better look at me.

“I don’t know,” I responded with a sigh.

“Her parents could be from our planet, but it’s very rare,” mumbled V as he played with his fingers. “I don’t sense anything weird about her, other than the fact that she has asthma.”

“H-How did you…”

“That’s one of Tae Hyung’s special powers. He can read a person’s body and instantly tell what the person has, such as allergies, fears, and emotions,” smiled Rap Monster. “My power is turning things into dust-“

“*cough* God of Destruction *cough*”

Rap Mon glared at the others before continuing, “J-Hope has the power of healing, Suga is ice, Jungkook is thunder, Jimin with flight and Jin hyung… Well, he’s a little bit special,”

“I use runes, or what you people call them ‘spells’. They’re not a big deal really, other than the fact that I can only use them if I draw them out,” shrugged Jin as he took out a piece of paper and started to draw one. “I’m one of the older generations of our people so I have more… well, advanced powers than the younger ones.”

 

“Then what’s the dagger for?” I asked, remembering the small knife that Jin had to kill the Unknown.

“That’s the only thing that can actually ‘kill’ an Unknown. Our supernatural powers are for weakening, but in order to actually kill it we need an Obsidian Dagger. I especially need it to activate my runes.

 

Now stand back,”

 

 

Taking out the blade, he plunged it into the piece of paper and a ray of light flashed. Suddenly, a six foot plant appeared before us, nearly creating a hole through the roof of the apartment.

“Rune number four hundred and nine, Earth.”

“How many do you know?” I gasped in awe, still staring at the plant before me.

“Around one thousand, but I’m sure there’s more out there. I still need to perfect the ones that I’ve accumulated so far,”

“Show off,” muttered Jungkook.

“Something doesn’t feel right,” V suddenly said making everyone turn their heads towards him. “There’s a strong surge of energy somewhere but I can’t pinpoint where.”

“Could it be…?”

“A group of our people… They’ve been killed but for some reason their spirits moving to a location nearby.”

“What do you mean by moving? They can't leave their corpses!” exclaimed Suga.

“I know, but a strong force is causing them move farther than what they normally can.”

“It can’t be there, can it?” whispered Jin. Abruptly, he stood up and grabbed his jacket before running out.

 


 

 

“As expected, they’ve came to seek refuge at your house,” Jin explained as he opened a few cupboards. “But why is it that?”

“I’ve only noticed them a few days ago,” I replied, still curious on why the green flames were here.

“I’ve managed to put seals on some of them, but the rest like to run away from me,” groaned a sweaty Jimin.

“It’s unusual behaviour for them to be like this. Normally their spirits would stay where their bodies were,” with furrowed eyebrows, J-Hope paced around the room with his eyes focused on the bouncing object in front of him.

 

 

A loud crash distracted us as we ran up the stairs and into my room where Jungkook and a man around Jin's age were fighting.

"Why are you here?" yelled Jungkook, sending an electric shock but the man absorbed it and reflected it back.

"What else would I be here for?" the man smirked.

 

"Get out of here Kidoh!" I heard Jin yell. A spur of ice froze the corner of the floor as Suga and Jimin joined in on the fight.

"Poor Jin, when will you ever learn?" laughed Kidoh, sending a shock towards Jin but Jungkook absorbed it and sent it back. Within seconds, the man disappeared leaving the room a mess.

"I'm sorry about your room..." Jungkook said, but I dismissed it and started to clean up the room.

"Who was he?"

"Just someone, he's not important anymore." growled Rap Mon. I couldn't help but notice how he stressed out 'anymore' with a slight strain in his voice.

 

 


 

 

Sorry for the late & short update! Hopefully I have a longer chapter for number 3~

Thank you to those who subscribed and commented! Means a lot!! ^.^

 

Posted on: Mar 15/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,178