20. Gone

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

20. Gone

{First Person}

 

I was thrown into the car as Kidoh ran over to the driver's side and the ignition. He sped out of the parking lot and ran through the red light.

 

"Where are we going?" I yelled, frantically finding the lock for my seatbelt. He ignored me and continued driving, knowing that the familiar scenery would trigger my memory.

 

And it did.

 

"Why are we here?" My voice suddenly cracked as he turned left, approaching the familiar apartment building. 

 

"They've probably left," he finally said, unlocking the doors. "We have to hurry."

 

He took my hand and the two of us ran towards the elevator, Kidoh doing the button pushing. 

 

Arriving at the door, he spared no time and broke it down with his dagger. "Kim Seok Jin!"

 

His voice echoed through the empty room. I slowly followed behind him as I looked around, clothes and furniture were scattered all around the floor while traces of personal items were unseen. 

 

Kidoh ran a hand through his hair as he sighed in frustration, "damn it, why did you leave so soon?"

 

There, I fell to my knees and broke down like a faucet. They really left... but to where?

 

", , ," I could hear him chanting that line as he tore apart the apartment, looking in the empty rooms and picking up the pieces of whatever was left over of the kitchen. "Stupid brother." He carried me bridal style and placed me in the car. "This might sound scary to you but I need you to trust me alright? I'm going to take you to my place." He spoke in a hushed voice that made me cry even more as I buried my face between my knees. I could feel him come in front of me to buckle up my seatbelt but all I could think about was what would happen. To me, to Jin and to everyone else.

 

"Hey, it'll be alright." He cupped my cheeks.

 

"Is Jin in danger?" I croaked. He placed a hand on my back and drew small circles. 

 

"Not if we get to him first."

 

There was something that Kidoh hadn't told me. And as if he had read my mind, he said that he would explain after we'd get to his place.

 

 

 

I was shocked at how his home looked like. It was run down and the lock on the door looked like it was hanging onto a thread. The interior wasn't better, the couches looked at least 30 years old and the place reeked of rusted metal and mold. I gripped the hem of my shirt. He seemed to notice my habit and laced his fingers with mine. Something inside of me ached. 

 

"Welcome back," someone came down the squeaky, wooden stairs and greeted Kidoh but his face froze when he laid eyes on me. "Why is she here?"

 

"BTS left, we need to pursue them. Call everyone down." 

 

The other male took one long look at me before ascending the stairs, calling out names that were unfamiliar to me.

 

"Sit down, there are some things I didn't get to tell you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll get rid of them after they bring me the girl," he smirked, picking up a dart and aimed it at the board ahead of him. "They'll be virtually no longer useful to me, even the stubborn princes."

 

He thought again before shaking his head with a devilish grin, "no, I'll get rid of them in front of their own mother."

 

 

The male covered his mouth with a shaky hand. So that's how I'll die. Slashed in front of my own mother. 

 

Jin must not come back. I have to stop him.

 

 

Even if it means that our relationship has to drift.

 

 

 

 

"UVERworld's governor, Ryu was depending on BTS to bring back the girl, knowing that my group would eventually follow. Without knowing, they fell into his trap.And now, we have to follow his plan."

 

 

 

 

 

"I will protect you and your group from any danger, pay you a large sum of money and guarantee your grandmother's freedom if only you join me."

 

 

 

 

 

"He made empty promises to us and we were foolish to believe him."

 

 

 

 

 

"You will also let my mother go, won't you?"

"Of course, of course, as long as you be a good kid."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I was naïve back then, we all were."

 

"But now, we need to fix our mistakes," it was B-Joo this time who spoke. "We need to depart for Bangtan as soon as possible, the faster we get there, the higher chance we have at running into BTS."

 

"Haneul, I need you to come with us."

 

"E-Excuse me?" I asked, eyes wide opened.

 

"We can't leave you here on Earth by yourself, not when Ryu could be lurking around."

 

"But isn't it more dangerous to go to Bangtan with you?"

 

"It is, but it would be safer if you stayed with people you can trust."

 

"Who said I trusted you?" My question shocked Kidoh while the rest of Topp Dogg nodded their heads, understanding the situation.

 

"Then, let's make a deal. If any of us lie to you, or does anything that makes you feel like we aren't untrustworthy, then you can do anything in your power to hurt us," replied P-Goon.

 

 

I sat there in silence. How did I get into this mess?"

 

 


Posted On: Dec.16/14

Last Updated/Edited:August 3/15

Word Count: 801