10. Memories Pt. 3

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

 


10. Memories Pt. 3

 

"Why... why did you agree?" roared Tae Hyung, grabbing Jin's collar and pinning him against the brick wall. The rain poured as the rest of the members watched with mixed feelings. 

 

Jin stared directly into the younger boy's eyes, watching them waver in anger. 

 

"Why pull us into your mess? Were you that selfish, hoping that you could find them and get then a giant reward in the end? For pete sakes, Jo Kwon was the man who put us in that rotten hole in the first place!" Tae Hyung continued to yell, not caring about the rain that continued to drench him. His bright orange hair matched the same colour as his eyes. The feeling of anger and hatred gave off.

Jin gently grabbed into the boy's hold, pushing him off as he regained his composure. 

 

 

 

"Please... save my niece!" The sentence rang through the brunette's ears. Slowly turning around he asked Teddy to repeat what he said, hoping he heard wrong.

 

"P-please... save m-my niece...!"

 

Jin's eyes softened. It was one of his soft spots. Jin though he would never be in a situation again where he would be bribed with that trait. Family.

 

"I-I..." he couldn't say anything, tongue tied as he tried to look for the right answer.

 

"Please I'm begging you. She's the only family member of mine that I know is still alive," Teddy begged, tears slowly forming. 

 

Nam Joon and Tae Hyung scoffed. 

 

"Please, stop making up stupid lies," sneered Yoon Gi.

 

"And what happens if I do bring your niece back?" interjected Jin, shocking the rest of the members. 

 

"T-Then... Then I'll give you anything you want! You name it! Just please, bring my niece back..."

 

 

 

 

"It wasn't because of my selfishness that I agreed," reasoned Jin, brushing past the angry Tae Hyung. "It’s because I know the feeling of having a family member being taken away from me. We all know what it feels like." 

 

Facing his friends he smiled triumphantly, "Besides, weren't we planning to save them anyways?"

 

 


 

 

 

Haneul woke up; sweat dripping from her face as she looked around. 

 

"Welcome back," smiled Yoon Gi. 

 

"I-I... I'm surprised you guys managed to get through all those hardships," she replied.

 

Shrugging, Jungkook spoke, "It's not over yet though. You still need to know who Topp Dogg is."

 

"Close your eyes," ordered Jin.

 

 

 


Year 1645: Northern Bangtan, Sector 3

 

 

 

The wind blew as white particles collided with their faces. The caravan was abandoned a few days ago after the massive outbreak of the UVERians. The roof was burnt and the horses ran off but not getting very far as Jin decided to teleport them to a much safer place.

 

"How much farther until we reach town? I'm freezing my off here!" complained Jimin, the snow seeped through his thin layer of clothes as his feet continued to sink into the five centimeters deep snow that laid on the ground. 

 

"Soon Jimin," spoke Jin, "soon."

 

Carrying a rather heavy book, Jin continued to memorize the runes, tracing them in the air with his free hand. At first the members found it really weird, but as time passed they got comfortable with him and his weirdness. 

 

"Jin hyung, why can't you teleport us somewhere?" asked Hoseok.

 

The older latter shook his head, "Can't, it's too many people to transport at once. I don't want to risk being teleported to somewhere random again. Look where we ended up the first time." He gestured to the white land around them.

 

 

"Hey look guys!" exclaimed Jungkook. "There's a light just up ahead!" 

 

Sprinting forward, the two youngsters ran toward the light in hopes of finding shelter for the night. 

 

 

The house was ragged and worn out, but nevertheless, the seven males politely knocked on the door. They heard a few footsteps and loud crashes here and there, but the door finally opened and there stood an old lady who looked like she was about to break any minute. 

 

"Oh my, it’s not very often that I get visitors," she cried out, shocked to see seven handsome males standing in front of her doorsteps. 

 

"We're terribly sorry to bother you, but is it alright if we could stay here for the night?" asked Yoon Gi. The lady didn't hesitate to let them in.

 

"Aigoo, its been so long since I've had company."

 

"We were very surprised to find a house in the middle of nowhere," replied Hoseok. "How far is the nearest town?"

 

"I'd say more than a mile," said the lady as she sat down a teapot full of Jasmine tea. "I usually just get my pet to run my errands."

 

"Your pet?" asked Jimin in curiosity. He looked around but found nothing with four legs and a tail.

 

"I can summon birds."

 

Although they had to use bowls instead of cups (just because the poor lady did not have enough mugs for everyone), they were all grateful for staying in someplace warm after weeks of traveling in the heavy blizzard. 

 

"Is that your power?" 

 

Smiling the lady nodded and with a snap of her fingers, a large great horned owl swooped down and perched on the window ceil, not caring much about the snow that pounded on its wings. 

 

"I can choose what bird I would like to call for, may be it a large hawk, or a simple bird like a sparrow, I can summon them all."

 

"Even a Phoenix?" questioned Tae Hyung.

 

"Even a Phoenix."

 

"That's incredible ma'am, but why do you live so far from town?"

 

"I like to live in places that don't distract me, plus the air here very clean."

 

Nodding, the eight conversed like long-time friends that just recently got together. They learned a lot about the lady.

 

Her name was Min Hee, a mother of one and a grandmother of three. Of course they were all grown up now, but she was happy that they still visited once in a while. Min Hee looked very old but they were all very surprised at how much she could lift and how fast she could walk. It wasn't every day that they could see someone like her; someone happy and content with her life.

 

"Now what brings you boys here to the middle of nowhere?" she suddenly asked.

 

"Well, you could say we're on a journey," replied Yoon Gi.

 

"We're out searching for someone," said Jin.

 

"Searching for someone huh?" questioned Min Hee with the look of curiosity on her face.

 

"Yea ma'am, we're looking for Jo Kwon's daughter."

 

A clatter of plates fell, slightly alarming the group. She looked up with a look that could not be described. "T-That's a big task..."

 

"Yes, that's why we can't stay long."

 

"I- I see, then I wish you the best of luck."

 

 

 

They departed from the little cabin the next day. The trip to town was quite far but they were ready for what was about to come at them. 

 

They arrived faster than they expected. As soon as they entered town, a little boy was shouting at a taller male. "Please, don't take away my mom!"

 

The taller man glared and snapped his fingers. Two equally tall men grabbed an older woman and quickly dissapeared.

 

"No, that's not fair!!" the younger boy screamed, running towards the older male while viciously throwing punches. 

 

To the older male, those punches were nothing but useless tries. Taking his dagger out, he pointed it in front of him causing the latter to stop and whimper in fear.

 

 

From a far, the seven boys couldn't make out their faces but as they walked closer to help stop the situation, Jin's eyes widened. 

 

"K-Kim H-Hyo Sang...?" he managed to say, his mouth slightly parted from the shock.

 

The taller boy looked up and made eye contact with Jin, equally surprised. "Jin hyung..."

 

"I-It really is you! Where have you been these past millennias?"

 

Hyo Sang turned away with the answering the question. "Its none of your business." And with that he disappeared with Jin's constant shouting. 

 

His arm fell to his side and his face dropped to a dissapointed frown. "Hyo Sang..."

 


 

 

"They're called Topp Dogg, that's what he said earlier when he came to my house," explained the boy named Jinhwan. "They said they were a part of the UVERian military and were ordered to take away people from Bangtan, sending them to the Reversal Border."

 

"That's impossible though," whispered Jin, his hands clenched together as he blankly stared at the ground. 

 

"What do you mean?" asked Jung Kook.

 

"I knew that man, the one who threatened you earlier. He's not a UVERian, he's from Bangtan like us."

 

"H-Ho-"

 

"He's my younger brother."

 

 

 


Sorry for the late update! I want to say that the 'Memories' chapters were a bit like filler chapters, but the next chapter will be more interesting and more related towards the actual plot.

 

Thank you so much for 50+ subscribers and 6 upvotes! <3


 

Posted On: May 28/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1509