Let Time Heal

Falling Between Truth and Love

The members of Infinite were having a blast preparing for their LA concert. They danced, sang, and fooled around on the stage during break time. Despite all the merry and cheerful people all around him, one man wasn't having a good time that day.

Myungsoo.

That phone call with Hyorin last night bugged him to no end. Something felt off. Wrong even. And he knew she was hiding something. He always know when she is hiding something. She's that open.

Or he's that observant.

You have to cut him some slack. First of all, he's dating THE Hyorin, THE y diva of Korea. How can he not admired her crystal clear eyes, small nose, and full lips? And even though many Korean males would have preferred girls with milky white skin, he loved Hyorin's golden brown tan. So it would be very obvious if something was off.

Secondly, Hyorin was fragile, and Myungsoo wasn't going to wait for her to fall and shatter.

Last year was close. Too close. He had almost lost his beautiful flower that day. His palms still turn sweaty whenever he recalled himself grasping her hand tightly with his, watching her dangle ten storeys from the ground, fear reflected in her eyes. Hyorin was so broken when he found her, her heart completely ripped apart by her ex, whoever he is. (Myungsoo once said that he would tear that guy into pieces himself, but Hyorin didn't want any violence.) Myungsoo promised himself that he would do everything in his power to fixed that heart of hers.

But she's still hurting inside.

He wondered if he was even doing a good job. He knows that it will be a slow and painful process for Hyorin to forget her ex and everything that it led up to, but how deep must the wound be to keep herself in pain? Myungsoo felt like a complete loser to actually doubt Hyorin. He loves Hyorin. Hyorin loves him. Nothing else.

So why is he still confused?

"You okay bro?" Sunggyu spoke, taking a seat beside the younger. It his obligation as a leader to help any of s who are troubled, and nobody looked more troubled in the room except for L himself.

"I'm fine." He replied, fatigue in his voice from thinking too much and the lack of sleep. "Just need to sort some problems in my head."

"Infinite problems, or Hyorin problems?"

"Infinite." He lied, earning a slap on the arm by his leader. Man, lover boy can't hide his affection either.

"What happened to you two? Had a fight?" Sunggyu tapped his right index and middle finger to his right temple as he pondered. "If you did, that would actually be the first fight you two had. Good progress I must say."

"No you dumbo!" He said, knocking his fingers against the older man's skull. "Hyorin called me last night."

"Ouch! That wasn't necessary you know. She called you? No wonder you were awake at like 2am in the morning. Didn't you tell her you were in USA?"

"I did. She needed to call me. That's all."

"Oh." Realisation dawned on Sunggyu. "Was she..."

"Yeah." Myungsoo replied. "Hyung, is my love for her not enough? I can't bear to see her in so much pain. It hurts here, hyung." He admitted, pointing to the left side of his chest. "It hurts here when she is too."

Myungsoo could feel Sunggyu's comforting arm around him as the older spoke, "You're doing fine, L. No one I know could love Hyojung more than you do. This is a battle which she herself has to win. Your only helping her by the sides."

"I guess I'm not such a good helper then."

"Gosh. Myung, look at me." L turned his head to look into Sunggyu's small eyes. "Do you know how long I had loved Hyojung for?"

"Five years?" He guessed.

"Ten FULL years, Myungsoo, when I saw her again in middle school, after I freaking pushed her years back. What right do I have to fall in love with her. I spent ten years watching her from afar, watching her grow and blossom into a beautiful idol, only to watch her crumble thanks to my own selfish love. It hurts to know, but the feelings were still there. Even when I'm with Yejin, the feelings are still there. It's always a work in progress, Myung. The people that hurt you the most are often the hardest to forget. They forged a history in your emotions, and that will take a while to break. Ailee was the greatest person I could ever have. She helps because she reminds me that I have someone who loves me back. I'm sure that you are helping Hyorin in your own special way." Sunggyu smiled a little thinking about Ailee. "Let time heal, Myungsoo. You have to let time heal."

"Let time heal." He mumbled as Sunggyu walked away. "Time heals and time files."

If only people stop breaking its wings.

 


 

In one particular day, the girls were having a very special event. As it was already drawing to the end of January. They decided to celebrate the January babies together, a.k.a. Hyorin and Bora, by having a mega fun sleepover at the dorm's living room. They even invited Ailee.

The girls were all sitting on the thin mattresses lay out on the floor, feeling stuffed with all the junk food and cake that they had for dinner. Soyou was lying belly first on her mattress and listening to 'some' using her phone and earphones, practicing for a performance that she and Junggigo have the next day. Dasom was busy eating strawberries and reading her script. Bora was already asleep. Both Hyorin and Ailee were lying side by side each other, both back first on the soft mattress and enjoying the view of the dorm's plain white ceiling, while gossiping of course.

"Anything new lately?" Hyorin asked. "I'm so inactive at the moment that it's hard to get updated with everything around me."

"Not much. A few group have their comebacks. Some groups debuted. The hottest thing yet is still SoyouxJunggigo. Rumor has it that you may be having a collab soon. Is it true?"

"Yeah, with Madclown oppa. It's not that soon though. You might have to wait a few months."

"Wow. Madclown. Isn't he very quiet?"

"He's always very quiet girl." Hyorin laughed. "You have to squeeze him hard to get anything out of his mouth."

"But you make it look so easy!" Ailee sighed. "Why are you so good with guys?!"

"God-given talent?" Hyorin joked. Ailee hit her face with her pillow.

"Anyways, Sunggyu oppa called me yesterday. They're in Taiwan now."

"Really?" Hyorin tried to imagine the infinite guys speaking Chinese, but all that came out of their mouths were pure gibberish. It cracked her up.

"Yeah. He talked about the food and the scenery and how much he misses me considering that they still have one more month left. You know Sunggyu can be very, very cheesy sometimes. He ended the call with 'so long, my beautiful angel, who dropped right out of heaven and into my arms' " Both of the women cringed badly at his words.

"So..." Ailee changed the subject. "How are Myungie and you?"

"Erm..." Being honest with herself, Hyorin didn't contact L at all after the last one. It kind of slip off her mind while she had to worry about ex-boyfriend troubles. Myungsoo didn't make an effort to call her either. Guess he was waiting for her to call first when she's ready. "Not much. Still miss him though."

"One more month, Hyorin." Ailee pointed her index finger up to the ceiling. "Just one more month."

Hyorin nodded. She couldn't wait to wrap her arms around his waist and pull him close to her again. Maybe if she could last for one more month, Myungsoo will be there to get rid of any lingering feelings for Kyuhyun. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. Absolutely nothing.

But she's afraid, afraid that her rash and insecure heart might keep making the wrong decisions. Having two men that stayed close and deep in her heart meant that she'll have to choose, and even though the answer seems crystal clear, that mind blowing question still bugs her at the back of her head.

Why does he still love her?

"We should sleep now." The leader spoke, getting up to switch off the lights. "It's getting late. Get Soyou and Dasom off their work please, unnie." After snatching the things away from the two, a mini catfight and some hot chocolate, the girls all cuddle under their blankets and fall asleep.

And Hyorin did her best to keep the two men out of her dreams.

 


 

Hyorin woke up from the blinding light that stream into the living room from the windows. Again did she find herself surrounded by empty mattresses and silence. Everyone went off for their own schedules. Everyone except for her.

She hated herself for even having that thought cross her mind but it's one of those times where she wished she actually had work to do.

The first thing she did was to brush her teeth and have cereal for breakfast. After that she took off the bedsheets and blankets from the mattresses to wash and keep the mattresses in the wardrobe. She then that she might as well spring clean the house, since she was the only one in the house. Only one. Real lonely.

The first song of her solo album had a whole new meaning to her now.

So she spend the next few hours cleaning the entire house, sweeping, mopping, dusting and wiping, leaving no room or corner untouched. She even colour coded everyone's wardrobe, trying to imagine how the rest will react seeing a rainbow in their closet.

It soon drawn to her that she'll need to clear the bottom most drawer of her cabinet, a place she told herself never to touch again. Hyorin shrugged. She could always leave it alone, but having just one spot not cleaned it the entire house was too much to handle with her OCD impulses. 

Her right hand slowly grasped the wooden knob, pulling on it and revealing the contents of the drawer. Hyorin gazed over at the massive amount of pictures that lay inside. Of her.

Of her and Kyuhyun.

Whenever they took pictures together, they would spilt the number evenly between them, so they both have the same number of pictures, if Kyuhyun even keeps them anymore. She wondered if he still does, though, considering that he still loves her.

When all she wants is to forget him.

She remembered stuffing every photo that she had of the two of them together in here two years ago, tears streaming down her face from being too betrayed and heartbroken by the man she cared about and trusted the most. She felt like a fool for loving him, yet those pictures then became a small ray of hope, that maybe they could get back together again.

Until the pain overwhelmed her to the point that she became suicidal.

She gathered all of the pictures in the cabinet and lay it out on her floor, a hundred Kyuhyuns and Hyorins staring back at her. After leaving the room for a short while, she came back with one metal bucket and a lighter. One by one, she set fire to each photo and threw them inside, watching them burn and crumble inside. She dispose of the ashes when the bucket became too full.

Holding on to the last picture in her hand, Hyorin gave a quick glance over it. It was a photo they took in winter, when the both of them where covered in snow from the snowball fight they had just before. Kyuhyun's hand was around her shoulder, their faces radiating with joy and warmth. He told her that they're love was like snow, beautiful, pure and glistening white.

If only he knew that their love could easily melt away as well.

She lighted up the photo and threw it into the bucket, watching it blaze with bright streaks of yellow and orange, watching the photo crumble and turn grey, until it was a pile of grey ashes at the bottom.

She always felt that time was never on her side, that it passes by too slowly when she was in pain and misery. She even chose to kill herself than to wait for time to do it instead. However, she felt that maybe this time round, it will be different.

 

Maybe someone will finally sew back time's broken wings.

 

==================================

Oh gosh, sorry about the accidental update earlier. Was updating at like 2am in the morning yesterday anmd must have accidentally unclicked the 'hide chapter' button. Anyways, I'm back! :D But there's a lot to do in the holidays, so updates may not be as frequent as you think it can be. Thankfully, holidays will only end in Jan, so i have plenty of time (self hypnosis in progress). Hope you enjoy this chap.

Comment and subscribe! :D