Encounter

Falling Between Truth and Love

Kyuhyun didn't expect to run into her again.

Of course, it was pretty hard NOT to run into someone who is in the same variety program as you, but meeting her 4 hours before her turn to practice was crazy.

And it wasn't a very normal encounter either.

When he ran into her, he literally ran into her. In his attempt to get back his score sheet, which was playfully stolen by Jonghyun, he rammed straight into the girl, sending the both of them crashing on to the ground. "Ow." Kyuhyun groaned, as he got himself off the floor. Only when he heard the whimpers beside him did he realised what he did.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry!" He quickly apologised, helping the tan young girl up to her feet again.

"It's okay sunbae." She replied, smoothing out her bangs that got messed up from the fall. Kyuhyun looked at the fabric of her dress, afraid that its snow-white would be tainted by dust and dirt. Following his line of sight, she quickly brushed her dress in an attempt to lessen his worry. "I'm really okay."

"No, I'm really sorry. I should have seen you when I was running just now."

"I should have been paying attention too, you know." The girl replied, lifting up her crumpled sheets of paper. Her score sheet.

No wonder we bump into each other. "Pardon me for asking, but why are you here so early?"

"I have to practice. We do have to sing later right?"

"But your scheduled time is hours from now."

"I know..." She laughed, filling the hallway with her husky voice. "I'm just really nervous. I mean, having to sing in front of such a big crowd, and being only in Sistar for 2 years... Let's just say that I want to be extra prepared, okay?"

Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile at the girl's awkwardness, finding it really cute. "Sure, sure. Just do your best later okay."

"Neh!" She cheerfully replied. "So I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." He said. Staring at the girl walking away from him, he made up his mind, catching up to her and grabbing her by the wrist. "Wait!"

"Yes?" She said, a little shock at his sudden appearance.

"I didn't get your name."

"Oh." She giggled. "It's Hyojung. Kim Hyojung. But people call me Hyorin."

"Hyorin..." He mumbled, watching her leave once more.

I will see you again, Hyorin.

I will.

 

Kyuhyun stood still, silent, staring into the dark brown eyes of his love. Hyorin's different, somehow, not like how he had remembered her before, before he had to leave. Not any happier to see him, that's for sure. But much has change with the woman who he used to go out with. Her long dark brown hair was cut to shoulder length, and dyed copper red...

 

"I like these brown locks of yours, baby." He spoke, drawing his fingers through her silky hair.

"Please, you know that they are dyed, right?" She said, punching him lightly in the stomach. "You'll obviously dislike it if I change my hair colour."

"Try me."

 

"Had a comeback?" He asked, his gaze never leaving her for even a second.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was monotonous, shaky even. Kyuhyun never heard that side of her before.

"I asked first, you know."

"I said, what are you doing here." Kyuhyun tried to find an answer in her eyes, but all he could see were blank orbs staring back at him. Dead. Soulless.

It was like talking to a ghost.

"Is it wrong for me to come and visit?"

"Sunbae," Sunbae. He hadn't hear that from her in a long time. What happened to 'Darling'? 'Honey'? 'Sweetheart'? "You know exactly why."

Kyuhyun bit his lower lip, a habit gained from seeing her do it so often. He didn't want to touch that subject too soon. There were still so many things that he need to know about her. Has she been doing well? Has Sistar been doing well?

Does she still love him secretly?

Just thinking about her boyfriend made his blood boil. Hyorin is his, was actually, but he still wants her.

Has she actually gotten over him already?

"You still haven't answer my first question, you know?"

A soft sigh escaped her lips. "Solo debut." She answered. "It came out last November."

"I see. Congrats."

"Thanks." Kyuhyun hated the awkward silence that hung thickly in the air after that, moreover the staring contest going on between them. None of them were willing to continue with this conversation. Was she afraid of knowing the truth? Was he afraid of telling the truth? If Kyuhyun could choose a time to be as straight to the point as he could ever be, it would be now.

"You know, we can't avoid this topic forever." He commented, still chewing on his lower lip, before realising that Hyorin was doing the same.

"I know" Is she really scared? "I'm not the one having to explain, oppa."

It was his turn to sigh. "You remember Song Yura, right?"

'Song Yura? Oh, you mean the girl who kissed you." The last two words were spoken with such spite that Kyuhyun wondered if Hyorin was still mad at her. "Let me guess, is she your girlfriend now?"

"She's not even my friend now." Hyorin stepped back, shocked, bringing confusion to Kyuhyun's mind. She didn't expect me to do that at all.

"Oh..." The atmosphere became awkward again.

"Look, I know that this would not change anything, but the kiss that she did with me was really unintentional." He could a step towards her. Hyorin didn't move. "Yet, the kiss that I did with you was one out of love." He was standing in front of her. So close. A small breeze blew through the small apartment, gently carassing her hair and bringing the scent of her shampoo across his face. Lemons...

 

He dropped the shampoo bottle straight on Hyorin's lap, bringing her book reading to a halt. "Hey! I was getting to the interesting part!"

"Sorry." Kyuhyun apologised, taking a seat beside her on her bed. "This is to replay you for using your shampoo the other day."

"Seriously?!" She laughed, inspecting the bottle closely. "You barely used it!"

"Still, I had to replay you someway." Hyorin continued staring at the bottle for a few more seconds, before turning her attention back to him.

"This is not the shampoo that I use."

"I know. I picked a new one for you."

Arching an eyebrow in debelief, she questioned, "You sure you don't have ANY hidden intentions?"

"Okay, maybe just one." He pointed to the bottle. "This is raspberry scented."

"Raspberry scented?"

"Yupp." Kyuhyun smiled. "My favourite."

 

"I still love you Hyorin. I really do."

He searched her eyes once more. He needed a confirmation that she understood. In disbelief, shock, anger even. But they were just empty.

So... empty...

"And I'm asking for another chance."

He grabbed her wrists in an attempt to rekindle thier love, when he felt it. A sharp depression of her skin against his flesh. Surprised, he flipped her wrist to see her scars, the ones that run in lines from her wrist to her arms. Faint, but there.

 

"Oppa?" Hyorin asked, laying beside him as they watched the stars.

"Yeah?"

"Why do people cut themselves?"

"What do you mean sweetheart?"

"I mean, when they are sad, they cut themselves. Isn't that weird, why put yourself in more pain than you already are in?" Kyuhyun chuckled, pulling her into his embrace. Sweet, innocent Hyorin.

"Because it hurts more inside than it'll ever hurt outside."

 

"Did I do this?" He asked softly, tightening his grip when Hyorin tried to squrim out of his grasp. "DID I DO THIS?!" Hyorin lowered her gaze. 

"Does it matter?"

His hand fell limply to this sides, as he stepped back, away from her. "I'm... I'm sorry..."

"You should go now." She said coldly, unmoving. "Please..."

Kyuhyun moved, heavy steps against the wooden floor, out of the living room and out of her house, never even saying a goodbye. As the door closed with a click, fresh tears surfaced in his eyes.

 

I hurt her, so much.

 


 

Hyorin watched the door close, still, hardly daring to made a sound. Too many things happened in such a short time, leaving her greatly confused.

Kyuhyun...

Does he really still love her? It has already been two years.

How could he still love her, when she already gave up on him?

Why didn't she push him away?

Emotions overwhelmed her, sending her to the ground in heartbreaking pain. She sobbed, heavily, perfect little water crystals down her moist cheeks.

She needed him, badly.

 

She needed Myungsoo.

 

================================

Hope you guys like this chapter. My Kyurin feels is taking a toll on me, btw.  My poor Kyuhyun T^T If you are not sure who he is referring to (Song Yura), it was in the chapter 'One Year Ago' from the first story <Please Remember>. You should check it out if you haven't. It'll make more sense.

 

Subscribe and comment! :D