It Can't Be

Falling Between Truth and Love

Lovesick. That would perfectly describe the two women sprawled out on her couch in the middle of the night, drowning themselves in their own depression. If Soyou knew how bad their longing for their boyfriends can get, she would have beg Infinite to stay behind. Honestly, watching Hyorin and Ailee was like watching a bad soap opera.

A really, really bad soap opera.

"The lights!" Hyorin exclaimed dramatically, waving a hand in the air. "They're too bright for the darkness that fills my soul."

"No, young one," Ailee replied, covering her eyes with one arm. "The longing should not be expressed in such an evil manner. It should be like the stars. Beautiful, bright, and yet so far."

It might have been a lot more tolerable if it was a normal day, but with the splitting headache received from her busy schedule, and a whole stack of university homework due that night, Soyou was going to lose more than her marbles.

In three-

"Oh Ailee! I can't help it! He is my everything, the sun in my day, the moon in my night."

Two-

"I know. It's more than unbearable. But fear not! Our princes will return to us on their loyal steeds, rescuing us from the of loneliness and misery."

One.

"GIRLS!" She shouted, scaring the unnie-deul with the absence of her formalities. "The world will not end if the guys are not by your side twenty-four seven! Can you just SHUT UP!"

Silence lingered in the air for some time, as the older women shifted uncomfortably on the couch. It's one thing to make Soyou irritated, but never, NEVER, make Soyou mad. An angry Soyou is as dangerous as a starved lioness on the verge of insanity, times ten. Petrified, the girls waited for Soyou to cool down slightly before sinking further into the couch in timidity and fear.

"Hey," Hyorin called Ailee, her voice so soft that Ailee almost couldn't catch it. "Should we continue? I mean, it was fun and all but I don't think any of us want to see Soyou mad again."

"True... But it'll defeat the purpose of me being here."

"It doesn't mean that we have to stop talking for the rest of the night. Let's keep our voice down and talk about something else, okay?"

"Something else..." Ailee mumbled, scratching her head. "... Besides the guys, I don't really have anything to talk about."

"Yeah. It's hard to think about anything else when we have such awesome boyfriends." Hyorin pout, puffing up her cheeks at the same time. "I miss L."

"I miss Sunggyu too, and it has barely been a week. Do you think we can survive like this?"

"Unnie," Hyorin said matter-of-factly, "I stood at death's door countless of times. Waiting for a guy to come home is a piece of cake compared to what I have been through."

"Oh don't remind me, girl. You gave me so much of a scare that I probably lost ten years of my life!"

"Hey. At least I'm still here." Hyorin smirked, causing Ailee to laugh and pull her into a hug. 

"And you will be for a looong time." She replied, ruffling the younger's hair.

It wasn't long before the two jumped again in shock. Not from a pissed off Soyou, though, but from the sudden slamming of the main door of their dorm, as a poker face maknae made her way to her room. On a usual basis, the girls would resume their normal activities whenever one comes home downcasted, upset, or frustrated. The tolls of being a Kpop star can affect them greatly sometimes. But something about Dasom worried the two sistar members present in the house alongside her. As far as they knew, they had never seen the little one this upset before. 

"Dasom?" Hyorin called, as she entered Dasom's room with her leader mode activated. "Is something wrong?" Dasom stayed tight-lipped, sitting on her bed and playing with her fingers, her phone discarded on the far end of the mattress. This felt awfully familiar to Hyorin for some reason, but she quickly brushed that aside since it wasn't that important to remember in the first place.

"Sommie?" Jihyun called as well, walking into the room. Ailee, sensing that it was more of an internal matter between the girls, chose to stay in the living room. "What's wrong?"

"..." She did not meet the eyes of any of her unnie-deul, and continued to gaze at her hands, her straight brown hair partically covered her face. Only when Hyorin gently parted her fringe and bangs did she realise how moist her dongsaeng's face was.

"Oh Dasom..." Hyorin cooed, embracing the young one in one swift move. The reluctant girl finally burst into tears, burying her face into Hyorin's neck. Soyou took the time to unlock Dasom's phone, which showed the comments of the netizens regarding her acting in her latest drama. It didn't look like there were a lot of praises in there.

"Why?" Dasom spoke, as she continued to sob. "Why can't they just appreciate the hours I spent filming the episodes, or the lack of sleep I'm getting these days, or the effort I put in to improve my acting? I'm tried, unnie. I want to stop, but it's my life." Her voice cracked slightly as she said her last sentence. "It's my life..."

"We know, Sommie." Soyou assured her, as she slowly rubbed her back. "It's always difficult, and anti-fans are unavoidable. But, always remember that there are STAR1s who are enjoying your drama, who find your acting top notch. Think about them, okay?" Dasom, with her eyes all puffy and red and her hair in a tangled mess, let out a smile, the sweetest smile that only she can muster. Hyorin and Soyou both knew that she would be just fine. Just as they were about to leave, Dasom's phone, which was still in Soyou's left hand, vibrated. Curious, she took a glance again, saying out the name as she read.

"Hen... Henry?"

Almost instantly, the device was snatched out of her hand by its rightful owner, whose cheeks turned a bright apple red. "I-I'll be in the bathroom!" She spoke, in a higher than usual voice, you know, the kind you use when you're bad at lying. Soyou arched an eyebrow as Dasom dashed out of the room, causing Hyorin to laugh.

"You don't think she..." Soyou whistled, letting out some air at the end of her sentence.

"Please, don't even get there."

 


 

"Home sweet home!"

Eunhyuk exclaimed joyfully as he opened the door. Stepping slowly into the living room, a sudden wave of emotions hit him, causing a tear to slip down the drama king's cheek. He kneeled onto the ground and kissed the floor, not bother by the potential germs that could make him fall sick. He was only partially worried, as the members had a housemaid that regularly came once a week to ensure that Super Junior won't come home to layers of dust particles, and the smell of state cup noodles, courtesy of Siwon who forgot to throw it away OUTSIDE the dorm.

Unlike Eunhyuk, the rest of members came in quietly, placing their luggage bags in their respective rooms, leaving the man to pick him up from his own mini drama. "So helpful," he mumbled, giving them the evil eye as he got up from the floor.

"So, what do you guys want to eat for breakfast tomorrow?" Shindong asked, being in charge of food expenses for this week.

"Something edible," Heechul replied, plugging his earphones into his ears and his phone charger into the electrical socket. "Be creative. After all, you're a great eater."

Shindong frowned. "If you can't remember, it took quite a while to loss all this weight, and I would like to stay this way, thank you very much."

"Can we just watch some television?" Ryeowook asked, inching towards the remote control. "It's been a while since we've seen Korean words on screen, don't you think?" Not getting a reply, the young man shrugged as he switched on the flat screen TV, grabbing the maknae's attention immediately. The television was showing the latest entertainment news, and the report caught him terribly off guard.

 

"The new celebrity couple, Infinite's Myungsoo and SISTAR's Hyorin, we're seen having a lovely get together on New Year Day."

 

"I should change the channel," Ryeowook promptly spoke, pressing the buttons with a sense of the urgency. Before he could do anything, the remote was out of his hands, held on by Kyuhyun, who went back to staring intensely at the monitor, hardly daring to breathe.

 

"They were spotted in the corridor backstage from the concert hall. It seems that Myungsoo prepare a surprise for her. So adorable!"

 

"Shoot." Shindong mumbled, as the young couple's faces flashed across the screen, all mockingly cheerful to the youngest of the lot. The remote control fell with a soft thud on to the floor. 

 

"They probably having Hyorin's birthday celebration earlier, as Infinite is having there world tour since last week..."

 

Kyuhyun ran straight to his room, closing the door with a deafening bang. He locked it, leaving his hyung-deul outside, before sinking down to the ground. The shouts of s could be heard outside the door, and the vibrations of their rhythmic knocks on his back, as he leaned against the door for support. Adrenaline rushed through the vessels in his body, causing his heart to beat wildly against his chest. He wanted to scream, he wanted to cry, but nothing came out except for three words, repeated over and over again, trying to hide the fact that stuck out badly in his head.

"It can't be."

"It can't be."

"It can't be..."