Prologue - Going Back

Falling Between Truth and Love

He had ten minutes. Ten minutes more.

The young man shrugged, pulling his luggage bag alongside him. He dreaded this day, the day where he would have to go back to his motherland, and see the woman he told himself never to see again.

9 minutes.

The tour had been well. Super Junior has always been doing well ever since the success of 'Sorry Sorry'. But something feels off. Was he singing off key during a particular stage in China, or missing a beat when they were dancing in Malaysia? Or maybe it was that empty feeling in the centre of his chest, a little to the left.

8 minutes.

He should probably be walking faster now. The gates would open soon, and he barely just check in. It's a rather long walk from where he is to the designated gate. He always find it weird that his manager always expects them to be the first ones to board the plane, even though it is during the wee hours of the morning. Nobody in the right mind would stop someone who was moving to their seats, moreover be taking the same flight just to see their favourite idol. Then again, paparazzi and sasaeng fans are getting awfully crafty these days.

7 minutes.

He won't have to worry about this if his group was moving together. However, since it was their last day in a foreign country, the manager wanted them to enjoy themselves, and meet up at their gate at 3am sharp. Everyone split themselves into groups and went to have fun, everyone except him. He didn't want to.

6 minutes.

He couldn't stop thinking about her for the past two years. He couldn't get rid of the smell of her hair that he could detect whenever he hug her, the scent of her raspberry shampoo. He couldn't get rid of the sound of her melodious voice, the one that would softly sing songs by his side. He couldn't get rid of the taste of her lips, pressed against his.

Even if her eyes show hatred.

5 minutes.

He knew it can't be helped. It was a mistake of his to let her go. He thought it was the right choice. That night was the longest night he had ever had in his life. He left her. That in itself was unforgivable.

4 minutes.

He's going to have to face her again, that he knew. Whether he like it or not wasn't much of a concern to him at this point of time. What he was truely wondering was if he should tell her something. Something that should have been told before all of this happened.

3 minutes.

Maybe he shouldn't tell. She might have already found herself a new boyfriend, one that loved her as much as he did. Telling her the truth would only make things worse. But it would be nice to get this burden of a misunderstanding off his chest, and maybe start anew with her, not as lovers, but as friends. It's never too complicated to be friends, right? He's not sure if his heart would accept this fate though.

2 minutes.

He picked up his pace now, making a mad dash for the gate. All his lingering thoughts about her disappeared from his mind, replaced with the thoughts of getting there on time. The last thing he needed was to be killed by his manager. His hyung can be scary if he wants to.

One minute.

He stopped, panting heavily to get more life saving oxygen into his system. Regaining his normal heartbeat, he found a familiar presence in front of him.

"Right on time, Kyuhyun." Eunhyuk commented, patting the young one on the back. "I didn't want to have you dead before reaching home, you know."

"Yeah yeah. Let's just get on, okay?" As the two made their way in, Kyuhyuk took one last deep breath in USA, bracing himself for everything that's going to happen once he returns. Wait for me, Hyojung.

 

I'm coming back.

 

==================================

I think you guys could tell by now why I changed the prologue for 'Please Remember'. I'm not sure how you guys would react to this pairing. To be honest, I'm a huge kyurin shipper too, but I feel that he fit the role I had in mind so well. Please don't hate me!

My next update would probably be in June. Until then, comment and subscribe! :)