001

fiction♝ — top media new girl group | story starting !

Melanie dropped to the ground, trying to catch her breathe. She was drenched in sweat. Even in the air-conditioned practice room, she was sweating buckets. Afterall, that's what happens to most main dancers of the group. They had the responsibility to dance, and well, it's natural for them to sweat more than the others during practice. 

 

"Here. Unnie, drink up." Seyoon said as she sat down beside Mel, passing her a drink. Melanie mouthed 'thank you' as she grabbed the bottle and gulped down thirstily. The two dancers had been taught a new dance by their dance instructor and they were just practicing it. Just the two of them. 

 

"Thanks." Melanie gasped for air as she finally drank enough. She laid onto Seyoon's crossed-legs and sighed. "We finally debuted." 

 

"So glad..." Seyoon muttered, smiling. She wiped her forehead with her hands and looked at herself in the mirror. This was the mirror she and the other 8 members had spent years looking at. Don't get me wrong, they aren't a group of vain ladies. They just spent too much time in the practice room everyday that they had looked into the same exact mirror more than a hundred times. 

 

These two girls were the few that often tire themselves out most. They are pretty weak at singing and that's often a disadvantage to them. To shine, they had to practice more than anyone else, which meant extra hours of dance, extra hours of work out and lesser hours to sleep. As they couldn't sing as well as the other members, they often push themselves harder towards dancing. 

 

"I'm really worried though... Will people hate us?" Seyoon asked. 

 

"I guess there will always be people out there that's gonna hate us, but we need to just ignore them." Melanie said as she sat up. "Anyway, shall we go for one more practice?" 

 

"That sounds great but just one more. I'll die if we do more than one." Seyoon smiled as she stood up. Melanie laughed, nodding her head. She raised her hands into the air and gestured Seyoon to pull her up instead. 

 

"Aigoo, unnie you're such a kid." Seyoon joked as she helped Melanie up. 

 

"Wait till you meet Haeun." Melanie joked as she rushed towards the stereo.

 

"Hey! I've already met that choding." Seyoon threw the empty bottles aside to clear the space. She stood on her place and grinned at Melanie through the mirror. 

 

/

 

"I'm hungry." Haeun said as she pouted and laid back into the seat. 

 

"You just ate like- what? 10 minutes ago, unnie!" Cher said smacking Haeun with a blue fluffy pillow. After hitting the target, she returned back to her phone. 

 

"We need to start practicing." Laura said, trying to get the other vocalist's attention. Apparently, Haeun is hungry again (which probably means the practice can't continue until someone gets her food), Cher is distracted with her phone and Zoella's dozing off. 

 

"We already practised though." Haeun muttered, snatching the pillow from Cher. The latter yelped in surprise but continued to text furiously on her phone. 

 

"We practised only one song!" Laura exclaimed. She seemed as if she's going to pull her hair out anytime soon. Zoella perked up from her sleeping position and stood up.

 

"Arasso, we should practise more." Zoella said as she fumbled around the table for her lyrics. The four vocalists were in their usual practice room, a room with a yellow couch, a study table, several chairs and instruments in a corner. 

 

"But-"

 

"We can get food later, okie?" Laura suggested. "Just two more songs." Haeun perked up at the sound of food. She nodded her head and immediately brightened up. She jumped off the couch and took her lyrics out.

 

"I'm ready!" She said. Cher continued typing, her speed increasing when she realised that they were waiting for her. After a few seconds of intense typing, she put down her phone and joined in for practise. 

 

After a while, the door burst open and the rappers came in. They were all excited to see each other eventhough they were seperated for only a few hours, probably six since morning. It had been quite normal for the girls to be seperated into groups for practice as they all had different strengths and weaknesses. However, they girls were quite attached to one another, sometimes to a particular member that not seeing each other for a few hours would probably cause a huge uproar of reunion when they meet again. Like right now.

 

"Annyeong!" Haru greeted enthusiastically as she rushed in happily. She was waving a lollipop in the air, looking all happy as usual. She accidentally crashed into a chair and cried in pain. 

 

"Haru!" Zoella got startled as she was the nearest and the chair bumped into her too. 

 

"Oopsie, mianhae!" Haru laughed, popping the lollipop into . She rubbed her knee with one hand while dragging the chair away with the other hand. Jiyoon and White both came in behind Haru holding bags of- 

 

"Foooood!" Haeun screamed and rush over to give both Jiyoon and White a hug, to thank them for saving her life stomach. 

 

"Unnie?" White tilted her head in confusion as Haeun gave her a tight squeeze.

 

"She's probably hungry." Jiyoon guessed, glancing over to Laura who was smiling and nodding her head. Haeun tried to grab a bag from the maknae but Jiyoon quickly stopped her.

 

"Let's head to the dance room first and we will eat there." Jiyoon said. 

 

"But-" 

 

"Let's go!" Haru sang, pulling Zoella by her arm. Zoella smiled and the two skipped out of the room. Jiyoon eyed White to leave quickly before Haeun forces her hands into the bags and finish the food before anyone could stop her. The maknae got the signal and turned towards the door, coincidentally dodging one of Haeun's hands, which was trying to sneak into the bags. 

 

"Crap." She muttered and pouted. She looked at Jiyoon, smiling sweetly but Jiyoon knew what she was trying to do.

 

"No." Jiyoon said firmly.

 

"But-"

 

"Let me help you, unnie!" Cher cut in between the two. She grabbed a few bags from Jiyoon and quickly nudged Jiyoon to walk out. The leader got the signal and they both left quickly. Haeun furrowed her brows and stomped her feet. She punched the air as she clenched her teeth.

 

"Everyone keeps on cutting me off." She muttered to herself but Laura heard it.

 

Laura laughed and swung her arms around her friend. "Hey, we better hurry or they might finish the food before we arrive." 

 

Haeun stopped her stomping and widened her eyes. 

 

"Oh my god." She blurted in English. "Quick then!" She pulled Laura and the two stumbled out of the room.