A Night to Remember

Almost (Status: Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know how sometimes you see someone and they immediately catch your attention, but because you’re too shy, you observe them a little first to see what they’re like and then you imagine, in your head, what they’d really be like and then you meet them and they turn out different from what you initially thought? Well… Miyoung was definitely NOT the case. She was everything I imagined her to be like but even better.

 

A few days passed and I hadn’t seen Miyoung around. Needless to say, I started to feel a little forgotten by someone whom I had just met. This is a prime example of me having emotions that I had no right having. I mean, just because someone says they would do something doesn’t mean they would actually do it… Right? And yet, I couldn’t help myself in more than just one way. I couldn’t stop myself from feeling the way I did even though I didn’t like it nor was I able to remedy it by simply going over to her room and knocking on her door. Unfortunately, I wasn’t intelligent enough to ask her for her number the night of the dinner so I couldn’t text her. I definitely didn’t have the courage to call her, and it didn’t help that I had always had a loathing for talking over the phone. There were a few times when I wanted to ask Yuri if she knew what Miyoung was up to but I didn’t want her to think I was a stalker. But just when I thought she had forgotten about me, she showed up at my doorstep unexpectedly.

 

“Miyoung…?!” I greeted her with a mixture of confusion, shock, and excitement.

 

“Hey stranger… I’m glad you’re in… and awake. I wasn’t sure… Uhm, are you busy?” she asked.

 

I thought about what time it was; it was actually almost midnight. I thought it was funny that she thought I wouldn’t be in at that time, but in fact I was actually planning on going to bed when she knocked on my door. But then again, it was a Friday night and most of the other students were out living it up.

 

“Uhm, no… What’s up?” I lied. There was no way I was sending her away when I had so desperately wished that we could meet again.

 

“Actually… I’m sorry, you were probably going to sleep weren’t you? I should have thought about this… I don’t even know why I suddenly decided to drop by… but I had been thinking about coming over to say hi but I had been busy all week. And I was thinking it’s the weekend so you might be up if you weren’t out… But if you’re going to bed, I’ll come back some other time…” she rambled on.

 

Meanwhile, all I thought was “she hasn’t forgotten about me…!” and “ohmigosh, why is she here?”. But the moment I heard “I’ll come back some other time”, a loud “NO!” came out of me like a knee jerk reaction; involuntary and uncontrollable. I was so embarrassed. I tried to recover from it but the damage was already done. And for what seemed like a lifetime of silence, Miyoung just stared at me with a wide-eyed expression, and I wondered what her impression of me was after that. Then, she burst into laughter and took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter