One Fine Day

Almost (Status: Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish I could say that I was, or even am, an extraordinary person but I am not, I had never been. Most of my life, I kept my head down and did as I was told. And most of the time, I was busy worrying about how to live my life that I just let life pass me by. Carpe diem, I used to tell myself, and then when time came for me to seize the day, I was always too hesitant… too afraid… too paranoid… I always had an excuse not to do something or to choose the easier path, the path most travelled. Predictable; I always chose the safest option. I never even had the guts to tell my parents that I didn’t want to go to nursing school. I really had no interest in it at all but coming from a family that is mostly in the medical profession, it was what was expected of me since I wasn’t smart enough to get into medical school. And so I spent over 4 years in college studying to become something I had no interest in becoming.

 

But I was lucky. Sort of. I had a knack for being lucky, if that’s even possible. Things tend work out for me somehow, not all the time, of course, but often enough. Sometimes I think that the reason why I was lucky was partly because of my baby sister. She was a lot like me except better in every way, and she was my strength. She always had the confidence I never had and I was lucky to have her always supporting me. I was shameful as an elder sister for having to rely on my younger sister for so much, especially since she was a few years younger. There wasn’t any way to avoid it though. She knew me too well and there were no secrets between us. But most of all, she always knew when I needed a little help even without me having to ask – which was also another problem of mine because despite everything, I was an extremely proud person. But in this instance, I was lucky because if I had never endured those 4 years of hell that was nursing school, I would have never have met her…

 

Actually, I’m getting a little ahead of myself… Let me explain how I ended up in fate’s path in the first place…

 

I was already in my second year of college when it all transpired. I had chosen to study away from home and in my first year, two acquaintances of mine and I had decided to rent a place together. My first year in college was rather miserable and uneventful. I was preoccupied with trying to keep my head afloat, so much so that I hardly made any friends or had a social life. My days were spent mostly cooped up in my room, studying, listening to music and being a loner. When I did go out, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter