convincing him

Memories

                                                       

                  

 

last part. have fun!! please read a/n at the end~

 

they were the last one to reach the restaurant. Sunggyu swore he could hear his own heart beating as the waiter showed him to the reserved place for seven. Dongwoo was leading the way and Sunggyu was gripping his arm, scared more than anything.

and then he heard the familiar voice and the next second he was in the arms of several people. hugs after another and Sunggyu couldn’t register what was happening and that’s when he saw him, nam Woohyun. he looked fine, just like the last time Sunggyu remembered and he was coming towards Sunggyu.

he didn’t realized how fast his heart was beating or how all the memories was coming to him in that moment but Sunggyu was sure of one thing, he was scared of being hurt again. he wasn’t prepared for this. but then he felt a hand grabbing his and he was pulled behind the shoulders of jang Dongwoo.

“now let’s give some air here for Sunggyu hyung. he just came back guys,” Dongwoo said and hugged Woohyun instead. Woohyun smiled back and nodded at Sunggyu. he nodded back.

“so what happened, hyung? five long years and you didn’t bother giving me a phone call?” Myungsoo asked. he didn’t know this but Sunggyu keep updated on his and the other’s news through his mother. she knew which one not to tell him and which one she shouldn’t.

“I was just taking the time off, Myungsoo. I didn’t die.” that cracked the table up.

“so are you staying now for sure?” hoya asked, taking another sip from his cup.

“I’m not sure. I'll have to think about that. how’s your wife?” five years ago hoya married the love of his life.

“we’re on to our second baby.” hoya smiled and the table cheered. then they took turns on telling their stories to Sunggyu. until it came to the last person. nam Woohyun.

“We’re still fighting over the divorce papers.” Woohyun let out a long sigh. He looked at Sunggyu a moment before turning to the rest of the members. “I guess when they said children can maintain a marriage is also true, huh?”

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Sungyeol said slowly.

“No. She got abortion twice and we couldn’t risk anything anymore.”

Sunggyu sincerely felt sorry for her. she was a nice girl and they had met only once but Sunggyu knew she loved Woohyun. Heck, she liked him since high school according to the stories Woohyun’s mother  told them.

It was after midnight and the place was filled with more people. Sunggyu had forgotten how clubs were like and he found it hard to blend in. People were dancing like crazy and the music was so loud. He silently thanked Myungsoo for booking a place away from the dance floor.

Sunggyu looked to his side. Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong had fallen asleep from the drinks while the other conscious but not quite sober Dongwoo, Woohyun and Hoya talked about gossips Sunggyu didn’t really have any interests about. He sat up and excused himself to the men’s.

His eyes met with Dongwoo’s. “It’s okay.” Sunggyu mouthed over the loud music and made his way.

Nobody was inside luckily and Sunggyu stood by the sink, staring at his red face. Five years in Australia and his alcohol coherencies got better than everyone. he was pretty much sober. Sunggyu loosened up the tie around his neck and undo one button of his shirt, pulling the sleeves to mid arms to freshen his face.

And just as that, he heard the door opened and in came a drunken Woohyun.

“you’re late so I said I’d call you instead,” he said.

Sunggyu turned back to the sink. “Be right out in a minute.” he pulled some tissue and wiped his face but then realized Woohyun was still there.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Woohyun said suddenly.

Sunggyu’s heart skipped a beat. “what do you mean?” he asked.

“You heard about me and jihyun. aren’t you going to say anything? laugh at me for choosing her over you five years ago? wasn’t that the reason you left for Australia?”

Sunggyu shook his head. “you don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I do, hyung! I loved you then and you know I had no choice but to obey my parents! why can’t you make it easy for me?”

“Me? You said I didn’t make it easy for you? Hell, I left the country for you just so you wouldn’t feel guilty! I get it, Woohyun. this is not the life you want but this was your choice. Even if you’re with me, you’ll still end up with no children! Maybe we’ll end up the same way!”

“You don’t get it.”

“Oh I’m getting everything! In fact, I’m getting them perfectly! But I won’t laugh at you. You know why? I did what I thought was best for you and you know what, I think I‘ve sacrificed enough for us!” he yelled.

Sunggyu was about to leave the men’s when his arm was caught by Woohyun. He was pushed against the wall harshly and suddenly his lips were captured in one messy kiss. Sunggyu struggled and pushed Woohyun away quickly.

“What the was that? You have a wife!” Sunggyu screamed, taking a few steps away from Woohyun. he knew he missed Woohyun and everything about him. But five years taught him how much he was capable in holding himself from someone he doesn’t own. And those years also taught him to forget Woohyun, maybe not the pain, but he was over Woohyun.

“I missed you, hyung. I’m sorry but… I still love you.” Woohyun cried.

“That took you five years? I’m sorry but the one that tried searching for me wasn’t you. but it was Dongwoo. it was over between us the minute you told me you were marrying Jihyun. I’m sorry.” Sunggyu pulled the door of the gents and he bumped into someone. Sunggyu mumbled a sorry and looked up to see it was Dongwoo looking for him.

He looked surprise at Sunggyu and even more when Sunggyu grabbed his hand. “we’re going home.”

Sunggyu grabbed his things at the table along with Dongwoo’s and managed to shove them to the latter when he felt a strong hold on his upper arm. Sunggyu was sent spinning on his heels.

“Woohyun let me go!” he said between gritted teeth to not make a commotion at the club. their friends were looking at them. “you’re drunk Woohyun.”

“I throw away all of my pride to say that to you. you can’t reject me, hyung.”

“I said let me go!” Sunggyu yanked his arm from Woohyun but only managed to make the other angrier. He pushed Sunggyu forcefully that his waist hit the table, causing all the glasses to fall to the floor. hoya and Myungsoo tried to grab Woohyun but failed. Woohyun was beyond furious.

Dongwoo grabbed Woohyun’s arm on Sunggyu. “you’re hurting him, Woohyun. don’t you get it? you always do.”

Woohyun turned to Dongwoo. “it was you!”  Woohyun finally let go of Sunggyu but his target turned to Dongwoo and he grabbed the other by the collar. Woohyun was shaking Dongwoo violently. All the eyes in the club had turned to them by then.

The others were trying to stop Woohyun from choking the life out of Dongwoo but in all the struggling and the pushing, Sunggyu was shoved to the floor, into the shards of shattered glasses.

“hyung!” Dongwoo screamed.

Sunggyu hissed in pain. dark red fluid ran down to his elbows, staining his shirt. he pulled a long sharp shard of glass and threw it on the table before standing up.

everybody had stopped struggling then and was watching Sunggyu. the hyung’s face had turned deathly pale but he walked to Dongwoo, separating him from Woohyun. “I’ve let go. now would you?” he whispered to Woohyun before taking Dongwoo by his sleeve. they were accompanied by the sobbing of Woohyun as they take their leave.

“hyung, your hand.” Dongwoo said as he followed Sunggyu at the parking lot. his eyes kept going back and forth to Sunggyu’s face and his bleeding arm.

Sunggyu stopped, turned and hugged Dongwoo, burying his face into the younger’s chest. Dongwoo put his arms protectively around Sunggyu, patting the crying hyung and whispering, “it’s going to be okay,” a lot of times until the ex leader finally calmed down.

“I wanna go home.” Sunggyu sobbed

 

the next morning Dongwoo woke up on his bed. he couldn’t remember what happen as last night he was pretty much half drunk and half sober. he remembered taking Sunggyu to the hospital to bandage his arms and that was it. a soft moan from his side made Dongwoo turned and he found a pair of sprawled legs and it hit Dongwoo. What happened to the two last night.

Dongwoo pulled the blanket, revealing a sleeping Sunggyu. the older looked so fragile like that. hair messy and covering his eyes, his face looked fresh without make up and his lips were still red as ever. Sunggyu was half . he had thrown his blood stained shirt away and decided to sleep in that condition last night.

Dongwoo didn’t mind at all. only that he forgot to tell Sunggyu his heater had broke down and in the middle of the night, Sunggyu cuddled close to him for heat. Dongwoo remembered staring at Sunggyu’s face an inch away from him and fighting the entire urge to kiss him in his sleep.

Dongwoo pulled the blanket lower and the first thing that caught his eyes were the bandaged arms. he took one glance at Sunggyu’s closed eyes before lowering down and kissed his bandage wrist gently.  and the older flinched, opening his eyes.

“I wake you up, I’m sorry.” he apologized, quickly sitting properly on the bed.

“what time is it?” Sunggyu asked behind him and Dongwoo peeked at the small clock at his bedside table. “ten.” he answered quick, feeling the awkwardness.

Dongwoo heard the spring in the bed made noise as Sunggyu left the bed and made his way to the bathroom. Dongwoo peeked at his pale back as Sunggyu bent at the sink. he had forgotten how skinny the hyung was. just one push and he could break. physically. and emotionally.

his mind rewinded back to last night’s scene when he talked Sunggyu to sleep. they were so close under the covers, literally chest to chest and Dongwoo swore he could almost feel like Sunggyu was finally his.

Five years ago he had watched as Sunggyu left for Australia. Nobody knew he was at the airport but Dongwoo remembered how his knees felt when Sunggyu disappeared behind the gate. Weak. And he had collapsed to the floor. His feeling towards the hyung all those years still kept to himself. Dongwoo had spent years watching Sunggyu with Woohyun and at the same time still keeping a straight face and sometimes a smile around them. It was everything but easy for Dongwoo.

But as much as he wanted Sunggyu, he wanted the hyung to feel happiness more than anything.

“You knew Woohyun was going to choose Jihyun didn’t you?” Sunggyu had said the night before. The room was dark but the lamp by the side table shone over their faces dimly. Dongwoo saw Sunggyu’s sleepy and tired face. His glistening eyes.

“I know about Woohyun way before everyone. But I didn’t know he was going to do that.” he answered truthfully.

“I actually knew it was coming but I had hoped Woohyun to do otherwise. that our love wins everything.” Sunggyu smiled painfully and a tear fell down. “He didn’t even looked for me.”

“he tried. we all tried but your mom wouldn’t tell us anything.”

“But you did. Hey, I know how fixed my mom is and for her to give you my address… I can’t imagine how many time you tried to convince her. You must have been really stubborn on her but why?”

Dongwoo fell silence.

“Dongwoo?”

“I love you, hyung.”

Sunggyu’s face drew into a smile. “I know. I love you too.”

that’s not what Dongwoo meant. he loved Sunggyu more than anything. even more than the world. But the hyung can never get it. Dongwoo turned his body towards Sunggyu and pulled Sunggyu’s head close so the older was lying on his right arm. Sunggyu didn’t object and instead pulled the fabric by Dongwoo’s waist to huddle closer.

he looked up when Dongwoo’s hand touched the side his face and suddenly his lips was met with other pair ones that were Dongwoo's. it was brief before Dongwoo broke the kiss. for a moment Sunggyu was entirely confused by the sudden kiss. but it wasn’t a moment later when Dongwoo tilted his head up by the chin again and this time Sunggyu was prepared.

their lips met and Sunggyu never thought he’d miss kissing someone. Dongwoo’s lips were soft but his was slightly chapped and Dongwoo was nibbling on his lower lip. Dongwoo’s left hand was on his waist, pulling him close by his bare skin and Sunggyu swore he felt tingling from the direct touch. their kissing went deeper that he could feel Dongwoo’s warm tongue against his one. Dongwoo was sort of pushing him but his arm kept Sunggyu secure in his embrace and Sunggyu never felt so protected.

they both broke the kiss for some air and both were gasping, breaths heavy against each other.

and now looking at Sunggyu, he wasn’t sure if he remembered anything that happened the night before.

his phone by the pillow rang suddenly and Dongwoo answered it without seeing the caller. but his face scrunched suddenly and he turned to glance at Sunggyu. “yes. I’m with him.” he said and Sunggyu turned.

“you can’t hurt him again, Woohyun.” Dongwoo warned, standing up. he wanted to throw his phone away but he knew Woohyun deserved to explain himself.

“I know. just- just let me talk to him Dongwoo. just this one time I swear!”

Dongwoo turned to Sunggyu. “for you. it’s… Woohyun.” Sunggyu accept the phone reluctantly and looked at Dongwoo briefly. then he made his way to the living room for a more private talk as Dongwoo grab his towel and took a shower. When Dongwoo was finished, they were still talking. Sunggyu was sitting on the couch, hand gripping the phone tightly and Dongwoo could hear his own heart breaking.

“here,” he looked up upon hearing Sunggyu’s voice. he took the phone carefully. “thanks,” Sunggyu said.

“so you talked?” he finally asked.

“yea,” Sunggyu said, sitting beside Dongwoo. “he explained everything and said he was sorry. to you too.”

Dongwoo nodded.

“he also said… they’re signing the divorce paper today.”

Dongwoo looked away. “oh,” was all he could manage. Dongwoo stood up suddenly and grabbed his jacket. “I’m just going to go grab something to drink. you want anything?”

“Dongwoo-,”

“I’ll just go now.”

“Dongwoo!”

“be right back.” he opened the door.

“Dongwoo!!!” Sunggyu grabbed his hand and pulled Dongwoo back into the room. “will you listen to me?”

“I understand. you don’t have to-“

“have to what? you think I didn’t remember yesterday? the kiss yesterday or the other day? how you stood up for me. you looked for me even after five years!” Sunggyu yelled. He took a long breath in after seeing how dumfounded Dongwoo was.

“You were always there for me, Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo almost couldn’t believe what he heard. “but just now-“

“like you said before. I’ve let go.”

“how?”

“by accepting new ones.” Sunggyu smiled and buried his fingers in Dongwoo’s soft hair. they glanced at each other for the next few seconds before Sunggyu closed the distance away with a kiss. 

 

a/n - hello guys, first of all thank you for reading my story. i have a favor to ask. english is not my first language. more like my second and so i would love it so much if u could comment on the story that would be so lovely. just a short one would do ^^ and i didnt mean to make woohyun a badass here. i just took the prompt for gyudong/donggyu titled memories. i think they're really lovely. do check my other infinite works too.