Game PT.1

Carnage

Carnage: In the end, everybody bleeds the same.

 

GAME PT.1

 

      The weight of the world seems to crash against Suho’s chest as his sleep is interrupted. A text in the middle of the night could mean anything. It could mean chaos; eleven of Zaikai’s members found dead on the street of the wrong side of town, a wedding neither party was looking forward to could’ve been pushed up, the stocks could’ve dropped in his father’s Electronics Company and that would mean him and his father traveling abroad with a worldwide campaign to fix it all.

      But chaos was closer than he thought. As he stops the excessive vibration of his phone, his expression immediately grows grim, Suho practically flying to put on his jacket and his pants to head out the door.

 

“Kyungsoo’s been stabbed. Blood everywhere. Morton Plant Hospital.

Hurry.”

 

      The fact that Kai had sent him such a vague text was worry enough. It meant he didn’t have the time to elaborate and that meant that the situation was dire. It left no time for even a call to the rest of the gang to tell them what was happening, but Suho’d assumed that the text was sent out to all of them. He’d hoped.

      “Shall I bring the car around, sir?”

      “Not tonight, Benson. The bike’ll have to do.”

      Suho calls back to his house butler who nods only once, without hesitation, but then he raises only a single finger as if he knows the words Suho has yet to say.

      “And—“

      “Tell your father it was important? Yes, master Junmyeon, I’ll see to it. I always do.”

      A quick nod back to his suited guardian and his helmet is over his head, his engine starting up with a roar and the dirt from underneath him kicking up as he rides off in desperation.

      It’s well past midnight by now yet the roads seem to all be blocked as he passes through them. But he doesn’t let it stop him. Since Zaikai had decided to get motorcycles, they’d all become pros at knocking off the time it would take a car to get through the roads. And their license plates let the police in the town know who not to pullover.

      The tires on his bike continue to spin with the thoughts in his head, all while he struggles to concentrate on maneuvering between cars, not needing to be the next one in the hospital.

 

        After a few more blocks and what seemed like an eternity, Suho’s the first to arrive at the hospital, Chanyeol right behind him. As soon as Suho had spotted him from across the lot, he sighed with relief, assured that the other members knew where to come and what was happening. Chanyeol removes his helmet, leaves his bike in its spot and runs to Suho’s side, the questions spewing from his mouth nonstop.

       “Where is he? Did he lose a lot of blood? It was Clear Carnage right? I’m so sick of this…” Chanyeol stops himself, the air catching in his throat as he brings a single hand up, running his fingers through his hair. No matter what plan Kai came up with, Carnage would always find some way to one-up him. Chanyeol was tired. Tired of being forced to leave his younger brother at home with his father and coming out just to worry about the mess his leader kept making; tired of always being worried that one of them was going to end up hurt. Or worse. “Tell me you know that he’s alright.”

       Suho regrettably shakes his head, but there’s nothing that can be done.

       “I only got a vague text. ‘Kyungsoo’s been stabbed.’”

       “’Blood everywhere.’ Yeah, I know. I got it too.”

       Before they can say anything else, a large group of bikes ride in behind them. The hospital security guard begins to look suspicious as they all get off of their motorbikes like a single loud unit as they begin to follow in Chanyeol’s footsteps, barking questions at Suho.

       “Okay, okay…” after a while of the guard staring, Suho finally raises his hands in protest. “I don’t know anything. I wasn’t there. I haven’t been here any longer than you have. If we all want to know, we need to calm down and go inside.” The gang’s hostility seems to diminish at Suho’s plea. “Yelling in the parking lot isn’t going to give us any information.”

       Tao is the first to walk in the automatic doors, silent in his obvious agreement and the others follow suit. As soon as they get to the lobby, the receptionist is the next victim to the group’s unreasonable actions.

     The receptionist spells Kyungsoo’s name wrong twice, causing Sehun to lose his temper.

        “Kyungsoo, Kyung-Soo, K-Y-U-N-G-S-O-ing-O,” The boy yells, the entire waiting room’s eyes shifting over towards him and the others. “What the hell are you doing as a receptionist at a ing hospital if you can’t even spell a goddamn name right?!”

      The woman behind the desk removes her hands from the keyboard, chagrined at Sehun’s ill manner and Chanyeol has to call Sehun down, grabbing his shoulders and telling him to quiet down a bit.

       “Sir, there is no reason to be rude and disrespectful to me, now, I’m just doing my job.”

        Luhan’s the next to lose his temper, following in turn with Sehun.

        “No,” Luhan pushes his way to the front of the group, eyeing the receptionist with a foul scorn. “Sehun’s right. What a damn good job you’re doing wasting our time with spelling errors when someone could be ing dying.”

        “Listen here sir…”

        Yixing breaks his way to Luhan’s side, interrupting the receptionist’s retaliation.

        “Look,” He starts, his eyes finding the receptionist’s and locking with them immediately. “I’m sorry but we’re just a little stressed out.” Yixing’s voice is calm and upbeat despite the situation, his eyes sedate and begging for the woman’s cooperation. “Our friend’s last name is Do— D.O. — and his first name is Kyungsoo — K-Y-U-N-G-S-O-O. He could be in a lot of trouble right now so we just need to see him and make sure he’s okay, is that alright Miss?”

        The receptionist gives a prolonged stare at Yixing, her eyes wandering around the rest of the boys — most of them still angry and anxious — ultimately ending up back to Yixing. She hesitates for a short time but ends up letting well enough be in the end, giving Yixing a quick nod, her defensive stance faltering as she begins typing in the information.

 


 

A/N: Hi, I'm sorry that this is so short but I've come down with a serious case of the flu :( I'm getting over it little by little and I started feeling okay enough to edit this much of the next chapter. PT.2 will be a lot longer so I'll make up for it, I swear! It's only the first part so be on the lookout for PT.2 within the next week ^^ Don't forget to leave your comments! Here, the youtube trailer, and my tumblr @ http://dragonxboat.tumblr.com. Your feedback really helps me write and as always, thank you so much for reading!