Prologue

Carnage

CARNAGE: In the end, everybody bleeds the same.

 

Prologue

 

      "You mindless little boy." Yongguk grits his teeth in distaste, Kai’s ominous chuckle burning a hole through his head. “Did you really think I’d let her go that easily?”

      Kai nods to his right hand man, Tao and Yongguk’s face is kicked to the ground, Tao’s shoe not letting up off the back of his head.

      " you." Zelo fumes from beside them, his usual casual nature gone out the window. “ your cocky meaningless smile and your prissy gang. We came here like you asked, now let our leader go!”

      Another one of Zaikai knocks Zelo to the ground in a single blow to the gut, a whimper of suffering slipping from his lips.

       “Hm.” Kai scoffs, his right thumb clicking back the trigger of his gun. “I guess there’s no room for jokes anymore, huh, Yongguk?” He takes a step forward and reaches down, his fingers becoming tangled in Yongguk’s hair as he yankes his head up so their eyes could lock.

      Himchan, Jongup, Daehyun and Youngjae all stand their ground behind their leader, their eyes fixed on the members of their rival gang. If they could just get the chance to strike, this would be done in the blink of an eye. But none of Zaikai were letting their guards down. C.C. was outnumbered. They were terrified. And at this rate… it seemed like the luckiest scenario would be for all of Clear Carnage to make it out just barely breathing at all.

       “Or is it Carnage?” Kai requests. “Like the name of your gang? Clear Carnage, Garbage… whatever. It’s all the same to us, right boys?” He calls out to s, who only grin in response.

      Yongguk was fed up. His teeth grit at the pure fury he felt in that moment, his body gaining the strength to break free from Kai’s grip on him long enough to stand to his feet, snatch Kai’s gun from his hands and slam him against the warehouse wall.

      "Stop ing around, Kai!" The members of carnage all watch as their leader takes action. “Where the hell is she? Tell me!”  Yongguk’s elbow digs into Kai’s ribs, causing him to wince in the slightest as his gun rests against his head, cradled in Yongguk’s hand.

      Kai only emits that maniacal chuckle that everyone in the room detested. Yongguk’s arm extends back and comes forward with all the force he could conjure up, punching Kai directly in his mouth as hard as he could.

       “Let Hana go. Now.” Yongguk demands; rage glistening in his eyes as the blood dripped down from Kai’s smirked up lips. “Or I’ll show you why they call me Carnage.”

      Yongguk pushes every last ounce of determination into his threats, thinking he would at least get Kai to back down. But he never even lets up his smile.

      Kai begins to laugh. There’s no hint of fear in his eyes. No trace of mercy and no sign of giving up. The members of C.C. prepare for what they know is going to be their biggest fight, Zaikai all smiles and confidence in their presence.

      "Go ahead!" Kai exclaims eyes wide and smile even bigger than before. "Show me! Show me blood! Show me pain!" Kai finally stops laughing. His eyes falter and his lips straighten to a lifeless line. As he leans in towards Yongguk, his aura is tainted with the repugnant stench of his evil nature. Yongguk begins to cringe, Kai’s lips mere centimeters from his ear.

       “Show me Carnage."