Prologue

The Faithful Wife

A knock could be heard from upstairs and the noise of feet shuffling towards the door. Junghwa could hear the door open and heavy footstep make their way up the stairs. They began to grow louder as they came towards the room where she rested with Woohyun beside her. She held onto his hand as she heard them stop walking. They've found her and she couldn't do anything. She felt her heart begin to tear apart as the door opened and she heard her mothers voice. Junghwa could feel Woohyun's hand give hers a small, reassuring squeeze. 

"Lee Junghwa," Her fathers stern voice bellowed through the room. "We're taking you back home. I believe you've had enough play time here." 

She could hear his mocking tone escape his lips. She began to tear up from the thought of leaving Woohyun after being with him for a month without her parents doing anything. Inhaling, she lifted her head up and saw her father dressed in his usual designer suit and her mother wearing a light winter coat with the white knitted scarf Junghwa had bought her last Christmas. Behind them, she saw Woohyun's parents who just gave her a small smile as if they couldn't do anything, because really, they couldn't do anything. 

"Junghwa, dear, please come home," Her mothers voice was soft and she hear the sincerity her father could not display. "Let's talk at home." 

Junghwa looked at her parents then glanced up at Woohyun who had his back against the wall. Junghwa looked at her parents and felt her tears fall down her face. 

"Go home," Woohyun whispered in her ear. His words made her heart drop down to the ground. "Come back when it's all settled down, okay?" 

Junghwa stiffly nodded her head Woohyun placed a small kiss on her right temple before he stood up from the ground and offered Junghwa his hand. She closed her eyes for a minute before she grabbed his hand and stood up. Her heart felt heavy and her chest began to hurt as she looked at Woohyun. She saw this look of pain and hurt yet his smile seemed to be encouraging. 

"I'll see you soon," She whispered before she turned around and faced her parents with the same smile she used to place at parties. Her lips were stretched tight and didn't reach her eyes; her oh so dull eyes that seemed lifeless. 

"Let's go," She looked at the four adults in front of her and grabbed her backpack as she walked towards the door. Junghwa led her parents out of the house and didn't look back as she went towards the black Audi a8.

The journey back home was quiet and umcomfortable. She could tell they were going to tell her something important once she entered the manor.

Junghwa was the first one out of the car. She saw Mrs. Kim and her grandmother standing by the door, waiting for her to come closer towards them. 

Mrs. Kim took her backpack as she came by, stopping in front of the two older ladies. "Welcome back home," Mrs. Kim smiled at Junghwa. 

Junghwa let out a small chuckle, "I told you I'd be back." 

"Lee Junghwa," Her mothers voice came out soft and delicate. "Come in the living room, we have to talk." 

Junghwa gave the two women a small smile before leaving them and making her way to the living room where her parents were seated. She sat on the chair across from them, her hands in her lap and her back straight. 

"While you were gone," Her mother tried her best to pick her words carefully as she glanced at her husband quickly. "Your father and I have arranged for you to get married." 

Junghwa looked at the two in front of her and swallowed the lump that had formed in . She felt her heart break and her tears threatend to fall down. 

"Who is it?" She choked out. 

"Kim Sunggyu," Her father answered, looking at his daughter with a small smile on his face. "He's the owner of Inspirit Enterprise. Perfect canidate for you and he's taken an interest in you as well," He explained to her. 

"When would the wedding be?" Junghwa looked at her parents waiting for an answer. 

"In three months; June sixth," Her mother gave her a kind smile. 

"I'll do it," Junghwa's words escaped quicker than she could process them. She felt a twinge of regret once she heard her own words. She, Lee Jughwa, was about to get married. She knew there was no backing out now and she did nothing but smile at her parents. "You were right," She looked at her dad. "I had enough play time and I think it's time for me grow up and settle down. I'm already twenty three and I need to get my act together." 

Her parents smiled at her, glad that their daughter had given in to them and realized she was at fault. "You'll be meeting him tomorrow," Her mother gave her the happiest smile ever. Junghwa nodded her head and excused herself to go and rest for the day. 

She made her way up the stairs without stumbling down. She walked down the big empty hallway and felt herself go numb from everything. She was too numb to do anything now. Opening her bedroom door, she saw everything was the same. How her bed was, her pictures and her books, all the same. She knew Mrs. Kim had came in to clean her room while she was gone since she couldn't see any dust anywhere. 

Junghwa felt her tears fall and she couldn't do anything but let them fall. She closed her door behind her and locked it, making sure no one came in while she looked so sad. She going to get married in June of this year and she felt herself slowly break down. She wasn't sure how she would tell Woohyun that she was getting married since she did agree to it. She laid down on her bed and began to fall sleep from everything that had happened that day. 

 

June came faster than she expected and here she was, standing in front of the full length mirror in her ivory wedding dress that reached down to the ground. Her dark brown hair was in a bun high on her head with her veil pulled to the front, covering her face that was with makeup, allowing her to look much more beautiful than she already was. She looked like a beautiful bride except her bright smile was missing. 

Junghwa had met her finace, or soon-to-be-husband the day after she was back at home. Their first interaction with each other was rather awkward, but, she found him to be quite handsome. He was funny and while she was becoming friends with him, through those two and a half months together, she could see the way he looked at her, how his eyes seemed to sparkle every time he talked to her and his voice was soft and how he blushed when they came in contact with each other. He had an innocence to him that she wasn't sure was possible for a man his age. He wasn't old, he was only two years older than her and she found him to be adorable in everyway possible. 

She had told Woohyun about her getting married to him. At first, he ignored her for a day before he finally told her he would be happy for her if she was happy. All she knew was that he was hurt. Really hurt. The fact that she agreed to the marriage and Woohyun just accepting it, she knew he was bothered by the fact that she was getting married to another man that was not him. 

Junghwa heard a knock on the door. She turned around and saw Woohyun close the door behind him. He stared at her in awe the moment he turned around. She looked perfect to him. His heart broke in half as he saw her smile with her beautiful smile. She would be given to someone else before he could say anything. 

Woohyun was dressed in a black suit with his hair gelled up. To Junhhwa, he looked like her husband-to-be. He took careful steps towards her while she stayed rooted in her spot. Woohyun stopped right in front of her and looked into her eyes, he could the slight fear in them but her sadness overwhelmed him. His fingers made their way up to her veil as he slowly began to lift it up. 

"I, Nam Woohyun, take you, Lee Junghwa to be my lawfully wedded wife," He looked at her and gave her a soft, loving smile. "I promise to make sure you're always happy and loved no matter what. At the end of the day, I hope to come home and see you happy and never sad. I will always do my best to be the husband you truly want," Woohyun pushed her veil over her head, revealing her face. Junghwa's vision blurred from the tears. "Because, I, Nam Woohyun, love you so much, Lee Junhhwa." He leaned in and placed a small kiss on her lips, the both of them sharing their final kiss together before she was sent to the alter.