SURRENDER...?

Opposite Worlds

 

 

            Changmin didn’t know what to think. His mind went blank at what Kyuhyun had revealed. He had mixed emotions and though he’s not someone who shows his feelings much, this time he wanted to shout at the world.

 

            His gaze went to Hikari who had a guilty look and not a denying one. Which meant only one thing. The kiss really did happen and he was not a least bit happy about it.

 

            Before they parted he had promised her that he would be her first kiss. Her first boyfriend. And he was pretty sure he was her first love. Now he realized it was all in his imagination.

 

            Changmin stood up because he just couldn’t bear the growing pain anymore.

 

            Hikari stood up as well and went to follow him but before she could, Kyuhyun held her by the arm and tried to stop her.

 

            “Don’t” he warningly said. He was looking at her as if saying that if she went on after Changmin, he wouldn’t be there anymore. But Hikari just had to talk to Changmin. She cannot NOT explain to him everything.

 

            Hikari pulled her arm away from Kyuhyun’s grip that loosened instantly. He understood right away. He stood there in the restaurant as he watched that mortal girl walk away from him.

 

***

            Hikari came out of the establishment and wandered her gaze around to see any sign of Changmin. She was about to go looking for her when she saw a piece of paper lying on the ground with a rock weighing it down. She wasn’t going to pick it up when she remembered something.

 

            She always had these messages with Changmin. They were always together. She spent most of her time with him doing whatever they could think of.

           

             Swimming, playing hide and seek, chess and even playing dolls. But every time they’re together, he would suddenly disappear. And when this happens, he always leaves a message behind. And he would do it by writing it on a piece of paper and put a rock on top of it which would contain his reason for leaving or a little comforting message to keep her from feeling down.

 

            He’d always had paper with him and anything that he could use to write on it. She never really knew why he needed it. And she didn’t expect him to still have it until now.

 

            She picked the paper up and read it. On the paper it said,

 

            I’m sorry I had to leave like that. I just had to go. But I want you to know that I’m going because I need to calm myself and control my temper. Not because I’m giving you up.

            I promised you that I would one day make you mine and I have no plan on breaking that promise. Never.

            Princess, I’m only resting my heart for a while and try to recover from that heartbreaking revelation. But I swear to you, I’m going to get you back. I’m not letting you go.

            I’m not going to give you away to Cho Kyuhyun. Not in my immortal life, no.

            Remember, my heart is always yours.

 

I love only you.

 

Yours truly,

Changmin

 

P.S. Would you mind doing the honors of telling Kyu? I think it would be wise enough not to personally tell him. we might just end up making each other bleed.

 

            Hikari was smiling as she read the letter a second time even with her eyes in tears. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

           

            She turned around and saw Kyuhyun with a concerned look on his face. Then she realized it was the tears in her eyes.

 

            She wiped them away and smiled at him as she handed him the letter.

 

            Kyuhyun took the piece of paper and read it. As he read on, he slowly creased his brows. Then looked at Hikari with an incredulous look now.

 

            “That’s Shim Changmin for you” Hikari giggled.

 

____________________

 

Hi guys! It's hyuurino~

here's a little additional chapter from me. i hope you like my updates.

sorry i havent been around lately. busy with christmas preparations in school. xDD

Anyways, Changmin's not yet COMPLETELY out of the picture... :) so watch out for more updates ^_^