DR. LEE SUNGMIN

Opposite Worlds

 

Kyuhyun took Hikari home with the help of Jungmo-ahjusshi. He thought it was better to walk but thought otherwise when he remembered he might be spotted by E.L.F’s.

 

            He walked her to the door. “Here’s your stop. Get some sleep now.”

 

            “Yeah, you too” Hikari smiled genuinely and turned the door knob but before she could push the door open, Kyuhyun held that hand and took it.

 

            “Listen, I know Changmin is your best friend and you’ve known him for a long time. And I know you’ve only known me for a while but that doesn’t mean I’m going to make him win.” Hikari blinked in cluelessness. She didn’t know what Kyuhyun was talking about.

 

            “I will do my best to show you the better side of me. Though I might not be that most of the times, I still want to show you that there’s a better side of Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun framed Hikari’s face with both of his hands and kissed her forehead.

 

            “Goodnight. Sleep well. And dream of me.” With that Kyuhyun headed to the van leaving Hikari staring at the empty street.

 

            “What was that supposed to mean?”

 

***

 

            Kyuhyun reached the dorm by 8 o’clock and as usual, everyone was doing their own thing.

 

            He took his shoes off and headed to his room to take a shower and change his clothes. After cleaning up, he went to the kitchen to see if everyone had already eaten.

 

            On his way there, he overheard Eunhyuk talking on the phone.

 

            “Yah, Kim Junsu! Who told you to use my name again? Don’t you have your own?! How could you rent a dozen of mangas within just a DAY after you came back from Japan and have used my name in the process? Don’t you dare make me pay for it again this time.” Eunhyuk was outraged.

 

            Kyuhyun shook his head. These two really are like cat and dog sometimes. He was guessing Junsu had used Eunhyuk’s name again to rent mangas which Eunhyuk does as well with Junsu’s name.

 

            He walked towards the kitchen and took a bottle of water out of the fridge and sat on a stool.

 

            He blanked out into space and remembered what happened a while ago as he gulped the water down his throat. He didn’t even notice Sungmin entering the room.

 

            “Oh, you’re home.” Sungmin smiled sweetly as he took out yoghurt from the fridge, took a spoon and sat on the chair across Kyuhyun.

 

            “What’s up maknae?” His hyung asked as he gulped down his water again.

 

            Kyuhyun snapped out of his trance and noticed Sungmin sitting across him with an intrigued look on his face.

 

            “I’m… fine hyung” Sungmin didn’t buy it so he insisted on asking.

 

            “What happened today? I heard Changmin came over to your school. Didn’t you meet with him?” Sungmin knew he and Changmin were close friends even before they debuted as idols.

 

            “I did meet him hyung.” Kyuhyun answered and stared into emptiness again.

 

            “So something did happen.” Sungmin concluded. He always knew his favorite dongsaeng. Though he wasn’t someone who revealed his personal thoughts, he knew exactly how his stubborn mind worked.

          

            “You can tell me, you know” He gave Kyuhyun a trusted smile that got Kyuhyun telling him what happened. And to secure their conversation, Sungmin built a mental barrier to keep the other members from overhearing.

 

            “Gomawo hyung” Kyuhyun thanked him for the simple yet considerate gesture of taking into mind his privacy.

 

            “No sweat” Sungmin smirked proudly.

 

            “Now, tell me what happened” Kyuhyun took a deep breath before starting.

 

            “Just as you said, Changmin came to school. I didn’t know he was coming home today. And I definitely did not expect him to arrive very early.” Sungmin intently listened.

 

            “I know that he, visiting me is a normal thing ‘cause he does that almost every time he comes back from wherever he goes to, but today wasn’t normal.” Sungmin got lost at that.

 

            “What I mean is, he came to school looking for me but I found him with someone else. And that got me…mad. And I have no idea why” Sungmin creased his brows more at the statement.

 

            “Wait… so you mean you’re… you like…” Sungmin gasped loudly and Kyuhyun got the idea instantly.

 

            “Aniyo hyung. That’s not what I meant.” Kyuhyun mentally slapped himself for not clarifying his side well.

 

            “See, the person I saw him with was… Hikari.”

 

            Sungmin immediately sighed in relief knowing that he wouldn’t need to worry about the possibilities of their maknae crawling up to their beds at night. The idea just gave him the creeps.

 

            “So you’re acting that way ‘cause you think Changmin might have the hots for your Hikari, that it?” Sungmin took a spoonful of yoghurt to his mouth.

 

            “I don’t THINK so. I KNOW so” Kyuhyun emphasized to make his point

 

            “Which would be based on…what?” Sungmin took another bite.

 

            “Based on their history. They used to be…and I don’t know if it still applies until now… best of friends.” Sungmin nodded as Kyuhyun explained.

 

            “I mean, really! What kind of relationship makes you call someone else princess and tell her “I love you” like it’s the easiest thing in the world?! That’s just unacceptable!”

 

            “ He wasn’t even just talking to her or something. He was HUGGING her! REALLY TIGHT!”

 

            “And mind you, it was in the middle of the hallway! Where people could see them! How ridiculous! Best friends?! Really? Well, tell that to the marines1 See if they agree!”

 

            Kyuhyun was on his feet cursing whatever he could curse while Sungmin stared at him in disbelief.

 

            Sungmin giggled as their maknae was heavily breathing from all the cursing.

 

            “Okay, let me get this straight. So you’re saying you got mad when you saw them together and you were outraged when they hugged? And that Changmin called her princess and told her he loved her without hesitation so you were furious?” Kyuhyun nodded slowly.

 

            Sungmin took his spoon to his lips and tapped it with the silverware.

 

            “Hmm… based on what I see…” Kyuhyun sat down and paid attention to him to listen to what he had to say about his situation.

 

            “You certainly are… jealous.” Before Kyuhyun could react, Sungmin did a follow up statement that got Kyuhyun thinking the whole night.

 

            “Which means you certainly have the symptoms of falling in love.” At that, Sungmin left the room with a smirk and a knowing smile as he pushed the barrier down that kept their conversation private.

 

            Cho Kyuhyun. Are you really falling for the human girl? He asked himself and as he did, he felt something in his chest. When he placed his palm over it he knew the answer to his question.

 

            DEFINITELY. But NO. You can't. You can't fall in love Kyuhyun. NEVER. He reminded himself.

 

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the Chapter everyone~

 

This is all i could do for the moment. x\ I accidentally forgot to save the chapters i typed...so i have to do it again. TT_TT

 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this!  Kyuhyun's finally realized his feelings! but... something's stopping him...

 

Find out what it is~ ^^, stay tuned!