CONFRONTATION

Opposite Worlds

 

Class ended too fast for Hikari. She didn’t want it to end yet. She wasn’t ready to be stuck between Scylla and Charybdis again. Those two boys were really giving her a headache.

 

            Hikari tried to delay the time by moving very slow. She put her things inside her bag one at a time. But knowing both of the vampires who were already waiting for her outside her classroom, they would not want to wait for too long. They simply too impatient.

 

            “Yah, Ohno Hikari! What’s taking you so long?!” Changmin came in with a bang on the door. He marched towards her desk and dumped her things to her bag in one go.

 

            “Now let’s go.” He swung her bag on his shoulder and grabbed her hand. They went out of the room hand in hand.

 

            Kyuhyun had his arms crossed over his chest. He was tapping his foot in impatience. By the time the two came out, his eyes instantly flew to their linked hands.

 

            He looked at Hikari in the eyes and raised an eyebrow. Now you’re holding hands? He mockingly asked her through ST (selective telepathy)

 

            Hikari took her hand away from Changmin that got him turning towards her. He creased his brows and was about to ask why she did that when Hikari grabbed her bag and hung it on her own shoulder.

 

            “Let’s go!” She cheerfully said trying to smile and hopped away from the two, trying to get a little distance from them but it was no use. Even when she was leaping, they could easily shorten the distance with their long legs.

 

***

            At the restaurant, Hikari was sitting alone while the two boys were seated side by side. Hikari was the first to arrive and get her seat. She immediately put her bad beside her to keep anyone from sitting there.

 

            Kyuhyun pouted at the idea but gave up after. At least it wasn’t Changmin.

 

            Changmin started talking about his life in Japan and their activities there. Half of the time, it was only Kyuhyun he was talking to and tried to get her into it a few times but all she could answer was yes, no, sometimes, and other short answers.

 

            Then Changmin brought a subject up that got Hikari’s attention. “So, tell me. How did you two meet?” He asked them both while drinking his choco hazelnut milk shake casually.

 

            Hikari and Kyuhyun exchanged glances trying to see who would talk.

 

            “Well, we’re classmates.” Hikari said first. She didn’t want to lie to Changmin but she’d at least try to answer in a safe way to avoid misunderstandings.

 

            “And seatmates” Kyuhyun added, trying to point out something.

 

            “Oh…at all subjects?” Changmin asked again.

 

            “Not really.” Hikari answered again.

 

            “We’re not classmates on all subjects. But we’re seatmates at all subjects we’re in together.” Kyuhyun added again. He was really into something.

 

            “Oh, that’s great. At least I know that the person sitting next to my princess is someone I trust.” Changmin stated and Kyuhyun almost crushed his glass upon her him say my princess. “Right Kyu?”

 

            “Sure.” He answered without knowing what Changmin just asked.

 

            “But then, how come you’re really close? As far as I remember, the only friend you made in your previous schools was a math genius boy who had ice-thick glasses on.” Changmin insisted trying to get something out from both of them.

 

            “Uh, well… we…” Hikari was stuttering. Not good.

 

            “Princess, you don’t usually do that. Stutter, I mean.” He eyes were cat-like now. He was sensing it. Something was going to come up soon.

 

            Then Kyuhyun said it.

 

            “We met when I was in a critical condition. She was too kind to leave me at that state so she tried to help and to cut it short, we kissed.” Kyuhyun freely said as he leaned on his seat looking bored as if what he just said wasn’t a big deal.