Lunch Date

Mr. Bang, who came from Seongnam

"Ring!~" The alarm clock rang. You were still drowsy as you didn't sleep well through the night with the hours nearing of having a lunch date with Minsoo. Your body isn't listening to you, they refused to move an inch. It is already 6:59AM and you are still lying on the bed like a log and falls back into the land of dreams. "Minyoung! Minyoung! Wake up! You are late for class!" You could feel someone shaking you vigorously and profusely, hurting your arms. You opened your eyes and it was Mom. "Mom, let me sleep a while more, it is still early." You mumbled. "My honey, it is almost 7:30AM now, 30 minutes more and your school will start!", Mom replied eagerly. "WHAT?! !", you jumped out of the bed and get dressed quickly. Despite of the shortage of time, you tried to beautify yourself up with some light make up. You want to look presentable to Minsoo. It is the first date afterall. You want to leave a good impression to Minsoo. You ran out of the house, skipping your breakfast and rush for school.

You managed to reach school before 8AM. You were panting hard and gasping for air at the entrace of your classroom. You wiped out your sweat, tidied up your hair and uniform before you reach for your seat. "Thank god, Minsoo is not here yet.", you talked to youself. "Attention!, This is an announcement for Class C. Miss Lee took urgent leave so there will be no class from 8AM - 12PM. No students are allowed to leave the school premises without permission. Thank You." It was the school's PA system. You could hear the shuffling of the tables and chairs, people running around. It was chaotic. You were waiting for someone -- Minsoo. 4 hours of free time is a great oppunitity to mingle with Minsoo. But he didn't show up. 

- - - 4 hours later - - -

12PM came the lunch time. Minsoo still have not turn up for class. You were hungry so you couldn't wait anymore. Coco was pulling you to the Cafeteria. "What do you want to eat Minyoung?", asked Coco while you girls were walking down the stairs. Before you could reply, you saw Minsoo at the platform before the stairs. You were so excited that you are about to call out to him. You stopped when you saw Minsoo with a girl, chatting happily. Your heart sank, you could feel the soreness at the back of your nose, as if you were about to cry. You swallowed your emotions and walked off to the Cafeteria without a second look. 

"Minyoung, are you okay?", asked Coco with a worried look.

"I'm fine! Let's go get our food fast, the queue is getting long!", you replied with a fake smile on your face.

That lunch wasn't a good lunch. You didn't managed to eat anything, you have lost all the appetite. Your stomach feels full even though you had ate nothing since morning. It was filled with sorrow. You didn't talk much to Coco that gives rise to Coco's suspicions. You have no choice but to lie to your bestie that you are trying to lose some pounds by dieting. You tried to force down a piece of nugget down your throat before returning to the class for next lesson.

Minsoo was already at his seat. The sight of him reminds you of the girl he was with earlier on. That disgusts you a lot and you are determine to find out who is this girl even you are to turn the school upside down. You returned to your seat quietly and avoid any eye contact with Minsoo.

"Hey you! The girl who gave me her bread yesterday! I was looking for you!", greets Minsoo.

"Hi, C.A.P.", you replied with head down looking at your phone.

"Hi! How rude can I be? You know my name but I still don't know yours yet. What is your name cutie?", Minsoo answered.

"I am Minyoung not cutie. I wanna concentrate in class so we should stop talking now.", you replied coldly, still head down looking at your phone. 

"Alright, I should catch some sleep too!", replies Minsoo with a crackled voice, as if he was hurt by your words.

It hursts you for talking like this to Minsoo when he was trying to build up a conversation with you. Calling you a cutie means the whole world to you, it was your dream to be able to communicate with Minsoo like this, but you can't overcome that bit of darkness in your heart. You hate yourself being like this, but at the same time you cannot forgive Minsoo for breaking his promise with you over a girl.

Why are I acting like this? Did I really fall in love with him at first sight? Am I jealous of that girl? Why am I even jealous of that girl? Why am I angry at Minsoo for such small meaningless matter? You can't stop asking yourself these questions and you slept through the night with tears all over your face.

 

* * * Sorry if you girls are thinking of a sweet lunch date XD I love twisting stories XD But I promise there will be a sweet ending so don't stop reading!