ChanKai

Sunday Morning Kisses: Side Stories

This part is a side bar to Chapter 15 on the main story, so it doesn't carry too much actual plot.


Jongin can still barely believe that he’s officially moving in with Chanyeol, even after he’s been slowly moving his things from his small apartment until it just became a place that he slept occasionally. Honestly, he’s still shocked over the fact that he worked up enough courage to propose even after his parents told him all the cons of deciding to marry so young. But he definitely thought through his decision before proposing because being with Chanyeol forever is something he’ll always want.

Inevitably, with Chanyeol also comes Kyungsoo. Though he loves the little boy, he can’t help but feel that he loves him more in a ‘big brother’ way more than a ‘I’m about to be your stepparent’ way. But really he doesn’t have enough life experience to tell a difference between those two feelings. All he really knows is that he’s absolutely terrified he’ll be an awful parent and that Chanyeol will break up with him. But his fiancé has told him over and over that he’ll just fine with the eight-year-old and they’ll be a happy little family.

He’s just starting exclusively sleeping at their shared apartment in the weeks leading up to Baekhyun’s move to get used to living with Chanyeol and also to just get a little private time with him until Kyungsoo came to live there permanently. As he slides his key into the front door, it suddenly swings open and Chanyeol pulls him inside and presses him against the wall.

God, he loves the honeymoon phase.

They kiss like long lost lovers who haven’t seen each other in years, when in reality they’d woken up in each other’s arms that morning. After a few minutes of kissing against the door, Jongin’s knees are starting to give out under him so they move toward the couch to get more comfortable. Jongin settles in Chanyeol’s lap, knees on either side of his waist as their lips reconnect. Soon his hands are roaming under Chanyeol’s shirt until he completely lifts the fabric up and over his fiancé’s head.

“Life tip: lock the front door if you’re planning to have on your couch.” Jongin almost falls backwards off Chanyeol’s lap from the shock of hearing Baekhyun’s voice, but he’s held steady by hands pressed against his lower back.

While Jongin’s sure his face shows exactly how mortified he is at being caught in such an intimate position, Chanyeol just looks annoyed and eases Jongin off his lap so he can put his shirt back on. “Here’s another life tip: call before you come over.” He stands up to greet Baekhyun, leaving Jongin to hide his face in his hands and beat himself up for not locking the door behind him.

“I just came to drop off one last box of Kyungsoo’s stuff on my way to the realtor.” He lifts up the box in his arms and hands it off to Chanyeol once his shirt is back on. “Don’t let me ruin your fun.” He smirks and waves before he’s out of the apartment again as quick as he came in.

“Well, that ruined the mood,” Chanyeol states the obvious as he sets the box on the floor in front of the couch. “You alright?”

“No.”

Chanyeol pulls Jongin’s hands away from his face and kisses his fingers. “That’s just Baekhyun. I can’t tell you how many times he walked in on me half- when dropping Kyungsoo off. He’s already forgotten about it, I promise, so don’t be too embarrassed.” Jongin nods, but groans again thinking of how he must have looked to Baekhyun. “Will looking through some of Kyungsoo’s baby pictures make you feel better?” He pulls a photo album out of the box on the floor, figuring it’s one of many that Baekhyun figured he could part with.

Jongin takes the album from Chanyeol and flips it open to the first page where the very first picture is of Kyungsoo when he was no more than a few weeks old. “Awww, he’s always been tiny hasn’t he?” He flips through a few pages of the infant-Kyungsoo smiling, laughing, and playing. “You two make the same expressions.”

Chanyeol nods and digs through the rest of the contents in the box. “Baekhyun told me that before I first met him. He sent a few pictures before he came back, but they couldn’t compare to actually seeing his face in person.” He smiles fondly thinking back to when he first met Kyungsoo.

Even though he hadn’t seen him the first 14 months of his life, Baekhyun made sure that Kyungsoo knew who he was by showing him pictures since he was old enough to sit up by himself. The toddler had been so excited to finally get to touch the man he’d only seen in photographs and touched every part of his face with his small chubby hands while Chanyeol did his best to hold back his tears in front of his son. Luckily, Baekhyun thought to snap a photo of the moment, which he presented as a gift when they dated again those few weeks.

“Do you think Kyungsoo will ever love me like he loves you and Baekhyun?” Jongin pauses when he reaches the pictures of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together and again starts to doubt if he can take care of Kyungsoo and give him everything he needs.

“He already does.”

Jongin shrugs. “Well, I know he loves me, but more as a nice man who’s marrying his Bà ba.”

“He referred to you as ‘Daddy’ once.” Jongin’s eyes double in size. “It was back when we first started getting serious. I was taking him back to Baekhyun’s, and he started talking about how much fun he had with me and ‘Daddy.’ But he saw how much it upset Baekhyun when he said it, so he hasn’t since.”

“Why haven’t you told me until now?”

“I didn’t want to scare you. I knew it was already hard for you to date me because I have a son, and I didn’t know how you would handle it if he started calling you that.” Jongin quietly stares down at the album. “Does that bother you?”

“Does he want to call me that?”

Chanyeol shrugs. “Like I said, he never brought it up again, but he’s used to calling you Hyung now. Would you be freaked out if he wanted to call you Daddy or Dad?”

“I don’t know.” And he honestly has no idea how he feels about it, but surprisingly he’s not panicking like he thought he would. “It’ll be weird to hear, but if he wants to, I don’t think I can tell him not to.”

Chanyeol pulls his fiancé into his arms and kisses his cheek. “Finally realizing that you’re stuck with me for life?”

Jongin hums in affirmation. “But I still don’t regret it.” He gives his fiancé a slow, passionate kiss, and suddenly they’re back to where they started before Baekhyun interrupted them.